Thread: dispell issue

dispell issue

i haven't been able to find this anywhere and i talked to a Gm and they said they are aware of it, but does anyone know when bliz is goin to fix out dispell? i'm getting really tired of it not working properly.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigitup View Post
    i haven't been able to find this anywhere and i talked to a Gm and they said they are aware of it, but does anyone know when bliz is goin to fix out dispell? i'm getting really tired of it not working properly.
    You do know magic dispel now is a talent in the holy tree?

There is no paladin spell or ability called "dispell". Please clarify what you are asking.

really you would think you would know what i meant by dispel. so cleanse is not working properly. yes i am aware that it only does poison barring you don't spec into the magic. but regardless it still doesn't do anything when you use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    really you would think you would know what i meant by dispel. so cleanse is not working properly. yes i am aware that it only does poison barring you don't spec into the magic. but regardless it still doesn't do anything when you use it.
    It dispels both poison and disease.

But I haven't heard any reports of it not working. Perhaps you should submit a bug report?

i have reported it and i have spoken to Gms about this issue and they said that they are aware of it. i'm just tired of smashing a button that doesn't work. and before anyone says it yes i should stop trying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cleanse works fine- Its probably a corruption on your side or an issue with addons, or with what you were attempting to dispel (i.e. an UH DK's diseases if he has Unholy Blight up).

---------- Post added 2010-11-08 at 12:49 AM ----------

i have reported it and i have spoken to Gms about this issue and they said that they are aware of it. i'm just tired of smashing a button that doesn't work. and before anyone says it yes i should stop trying.
    Could you give more information on the bug?

ok i can give 2 examples of what i'm talking about. say the trash that you do going towards prof in icc. people get turned into the goo, i smash the shit out of cleanse and it doesn't do anything. it casts the spell but doesn't work. also say the trash that is right before princes, all the magic crap still can't cleanse (yes i have the 1 point in)

10+ Year Old Account
    ok i can give 2 examples of what i'm talking about. say the trash that you do going towards prof in icc. people get turned into the goo, i smash the shit out of cleanse and it doesn't do anything. it casts the spell but doesn't work. also say the trash that is right before princes, all the magic crap still can't cleanse (yes i have the 1 point in)
    Have you tried it without addons enabled? It could be an outdated addon or something interfering.

no i don't use any addons for cleansing. the most is grid. and i have tried it on the "new" gridlike thing wow has put in. in pvp it works for the most part just not in pve which i found really strange cause i got a buddy to duel me to see if it works and it did fine.

Are you absolutely positively sure you are specced into Sacred Cleansing? The new dispel mechanics work in such a way that Cleanse will go off even when there's nothing to dispel.

The debuff you are talking about is surely Combobulating Spray, which is a magic effect. If you're not specced into Sacred Cleansing, you would experience exactly what you are describing.

Wow, someone has his panties in a knot... guess you don't ACTUALLY want help.

Yes I'm positive im spec'd into it. As I've said I dueled a buddy and it worked fine against him (shadow priest). And gms have told me there is an issue so I'm not imagining it lol. But obviously it's gotta be something on my end cause you guys seem not to have this issue. I'll try it out when I'm able to log on without any addons on. I use it with a mouse over macro and the Command I wrote is not the issue in case someone suggests that.

Post your armory.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar View Post
    Post your armory.
    I dont see the relevance of armory in this situation. He said that he's specced into sacred cleansing.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet View Post
    I dont see the relevance of armory in this situation. He said that he's specced into sacred cleansing.
    Can't tell you how many times someone has said "I specced into X", and it turns out they didn't - they specced into something that looks similar.