85 Prot Warrior PvP vid?

Anyone feel like making one?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a new member to the forums, so I can't post links yet.
    Go check out the Official WoW Warrior Forums, and then scroll and find a thread called "Boocraft - 85 Arms Warrior PvP Cataclysm"

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Prot pvp as warrior is no longer viable outside of support role for a bg/arena team.

That's the role I enjoy though. I like disrupting people and generally just annoying the fuck out of them. I don't care about dueling or being Rambo in BG's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    That's the role I enjoy though. I like disrupting people and generally just annoying the fuck out of them. I don't care about dueling or being Rambo in BG's.
    It's odd attractive isn't it?

I don't BG much on my warrior but I did a few just to get my wrathful cleaver and I can say, I didn't feel like a let down to my team. I had no pvp gear, obviously, only my usual tanking gear I use. One role I really shined in was carrying the flag. I got my Ironman achievement on the first WSG and wasn't due to lack of trying from the enemy team. Particularly on 2nd and 3rd flag they were on me like flies. I felt like a disco ball from all the particular effects but all it really took was one healer and a whole bunch of CDs to get from their base to ours.

Was really fun actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    It's odd attractive isn't it?

I don't BG much on my warrior but I did a few just to get my wrathful cleaver and I can say, I didn't feel like a let down to my team. I had no pvp gear, obviously, only my usual tanking gear I use. One role I really shined in was carrying the flag. I got my Ironman achievement on the first WSG and wasn't due to lack of trying from the enemy team. Particularly on 2nd and 3rd flag they were on me like flies. I felt like a disco ball from all the particular effects but all it really took was one healer and a whole bunch of CDs to get from their base to ours.

Was really fun actually.
    Yes, it's very satisfying, being the hardest to kill and helping my team in ways that isn't quantified on the BG leader boards. Intervening for my fragile friends, ridiculous amounts of stuns/interupts, spell reflects... I love it. More enjoyable to me than just putting up big damage numbers.

Deleted
    Swifty said he's going Prot in Cataclysm because it's awesome in duels. The damage is quite weak however so it's Arena viability is still an open question as a lot of it depends on Vengeance.

In his "Cataclysm Burst" videos the Prot-Warrior needed 34 seconds to kill the /afk Paladin. DPS classes only needed 6-14 seconds.

Prot pvp definitely feels like you have 10 times the control over the fight compared to arms.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

2200+ Prot War here. Still prot, still dueling, still winning...for the most part. Some classes (like feral) are just doing such retarded damage. For rated BGs, being able to run the flag and protect a node will be invaluable. I will have Arms as my offspec, but am looking forward to all the fun of controlling a 10v10 or 15v15 battle rather than just a 3v3

Balls Deep!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, i also played protection, but i started 2 months ago with wow again, i played a warrior in the first palce, then a shaman after that a paladin untill last year. I played the wariror in vanilla, tanked in every instance and seen every encounter...

so after going back to the roots i have to admint that in comparison to our past we've got way stronger as prot. we have incredibely valuable cc's (that i missed for paladins) but the lack of damage and the now nerfed self heals will breack our necks i guess.. in wotlk it was easy to play single pvp as prot, the damage still wasnt as high as for fury&Arms but the cc's made it a fair fight (okay sometimes unfair for warlocks).

unfortunately i dont have a beta acc but for cata i'll go for FULL pvp equip, enchant&gems for full AP, HS and shieldslam will be ma main damage source, i will spec second with FOR SURE! even after its nerfs but still doubt about skilling blood craze (feels like its not worth it).

but yeah... a prot pvp video would be very nice... the only vid i saw so far was swifty's vid, which confirmed my theory. I guess i'll just wait and see how things are at 85...

Someone found a prot pvp video at 85 meanwhile ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Depth View Post
    Someone found a prot pvp video at 85 meanwhile ?
    I came across a video this morning. It's a level 85 prot warrior on the beta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01mwMoi-IA

15+ Year Old Account
    damn, cant watch it freakin german laws... its like prison for the internet

I'd use a proxy but the buffering takes about 5 times more time
    Last edited by Depth; 2010-11-15 at 01:09 PM.