Is anyone else having this problem?

Lately I;ve been having a problem during some fights where my enrage cooldowns come up and I'm unable to use them for 10 seconds or so. Is there any explanation for this that I'm missing?

An example would be: Deathwish comes off cooldown, I press my keybind for it, DeathWish is still off cooldown. The button indicates that I'm pressing the bind by flashing, but I'm unable to use the ability.

Deleted
    Not the same problem as yours but similar, i made a respec to enhance so got vanishing powder went to change glphs cast bar came up the sound effect happened as usual but no glyph change cant change any now

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have any addons?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds pretty whacked...I've never had any problems. Are you using a default UI or which UI mod are you using?

I am using mods such as bartender, but this isn't every time the cooldowns come up, just once in a while. It will eventually allow me to use the abilities, just a few seconds after they come off CD. Again, it doesn't happen EVERY time, just some of the time. It's not a DPS loss so I'm not concerned, but I just wanted to know if anyone else had that prob.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think it could be a latency/packet loss thing happening and then your wow catches up? I would at least make sure bartender is up to date and everything.

I actually am too, and it's been pissing me off a bit.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you looked it up on the wow forums? Generally you can find posts detailing these if they're widespread. If not then updating mods, or disabling them and trying that is generally where you want to start.

I havent checked the official forums for it, mostly because it's not a big issue to me, just an annoyance. My addons are all up to date, as I recently redid my entire UI from scratch (Yesterday to be exact). It might be packet loss as stated, I've got no idea.

try using OmniCC

it puts a countdown on each ability for how long the remaining cooldown is for that ability

i too have the problem you described (where the ability appears to be usable) but since i have OmniCC i see that its still on CD even when its not darkened like it should be (note that the bug only happens every now and then since patch)
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

I use OmniCC, and i'm getting this bug. It might bery well be OmniCC causing it, since you have that as well and it's happening to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    I am using mods such as bartender,.
    Mate to clarify they are addons not mods . Word mod comes from modification and word addon comes from additional . So there is a diffrence mods can be skins , model swap and so on ; Bartender , Omen and any other are addons .

lol, I know this I've been playing wow for 5 years. He used the word mod so I was speaking in the vernacular.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had the same problem before, and I can confirm that this is indeed an add-on, or Interface problem of yours. Specifically what it is, I am not sure but I re-installed my interface, and did the old trick to delete my WTF and Cache folders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    Mate to clarify they are addons not mods . Word mod comes from modification and word addon comes from additional . So there is a diffrence mods can be skins , model swap and so on ; Bartender , Omen and any other are addons .
    Not necessarily. Bartender modifies your action bars to look different. How would this not be considered a modification? If you don't have something on topic to say, you might just want to consider not posting at all.

Deleted
    You had enraged regeneration active.

Either that or you've encountered a new bug, but considering that new bugs rarely just pop up between patches, I'm gonna put my faith on Enraged Regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    You had enraged regeneration active.
    My first thought as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    Either that or you've encountered a new bug...
    Could actually be both. The new Enraged Regen doesn't claim to remove enrages or, more importantly, prevent you from becoming enraged like the old one did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    My first thought as well.

Could actually be both. The new Enraged Regen doesn't claim to remove enrages or, more importantly, prevent you from becoming enraged like the old one did.
    Now you made me unsure, but either way I'm quite positive enraged regen was involved one way or another.

The only fights I really use enraged regen on would be fights that have widespread AoE damage consistently such as sindy. Other than that I'm not using it too frequently, and this happens on boss fights where I just don't happen to use it. So I'm gonna have to say it's either a bug or an addon. Earlier posts suggest an addon, so I'm leaning that way as well.

iv been having problems like this with mage food. i eat and a few seconds later eat agin and it says that item isnt ready.