Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've leveled 2 feral druids to 80, and have a druid alt sitting on a server I don't play on anymore at about 25. And yes. I'd level another one. <3 kitties.
    I can see myself leveling a worgen one because I don't wanna race change my NE, assuming I start playing Ally again.

Troll though.. Ehhh. Maybe. Their forms kind of irk me. :c

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna make a Worgen druid just so I can see the starting area and new quest lines of Azeroth. So I will probably only play him up to level 58 and drop him off in Honor Hold for eternity.

Once upon a time you had to level feral, but that seems to have changed. So I've got the moonkin heirlooms ready to go.

I'm leveling a Draenei ele shammy atm and she's not nearly as painful as I had expected. Enhance used to be the way to go, but with the talent tree revisions, casting seems to involve far less per, pew, drink rotations than in years past.

Deleted
    Will start leveling a troll as my new main as soon as The Shattering hits, so yes, I would level another one. :-)

I was actually considering making another druid to play when Cata comes out but I dediced not to because I thought it may get too repetitive. So instead I am going to level a rogue or a hunter since those are the only classes I haven't actually played yet.

Deleted
    I plan on making a Worgen Druid come Catatclysm. Will probably level as Feral, Balance has never really seemed interesting to me.

I don't think I'd level a druid again. I've already got a level 80 boom/resto that I adore. The grind was kind of slow for me, though it -was- in vanilla and BC.
    "What's your rotation?" "About once every 24 hours. Why?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I would, only Feral though. I've already done boomkin leveling.

yes, I'd roll troll druid because I like the colors also druids are best for gathering herbs and ore IMO. the flight form seems to have an advantage over other flying mounts. they have a good deal of crowd control on different shapeshifts that they won't have to spec for... this can help them get nodes before someone else if they can crowd control them.

the only problem I have with druids as an alt is that they require so many gear sets to utilize their different roles... so you need to invest a lot of time getting them geared, which is hard on an alt. so you may be substandard as you vary your roles in groups from healing, tank or dps.... often you'll be in blues when everyone else is in epics... this can be a problem.

I definitely would! Bear tanking has been constantly good throughout Wrath of the Lich King and the versatility is a huge bonus. DPS and tank using similar gear saves guilds a lot of time while gearing and allows a dps to be geared that can be a backup tank. Also, bears are just cuddly

being a druid: Letting everyone know you're only 5 seconds away from doing their job better than they can.

Ive actually leveled 3 Druids over my WoW Lifetime, so I can say that I would yes.

I leveled my druid as kitty / bear specs and found that it was very fast and enjoyable. I stated doing BG´s at around 30 and did them on the side all the way up till 80. Questing as kitty, dungeons as a Bear (same gear while leveling makes it really easy) and kitty bang for pvp.

I really liked the leveling experience and plan on changing him to a Troll come cataclysm and leveling him first of all my toons. As far as leveling another druid, if i already had all the classes leveled up and would have to do another one, then why not but as i dont i will be rolling a goblin something after ive leved my druid to 85.

A very nice class to play.

I have a lvl 80: druid, warrior, rogue, warlock, and pally.
    During BC: I had a lvl 70 priest, warrior, mage, druid.

That being said, for your specific condition, no, I think you should level a paladin instead of a druid. Both druid and paladins share the ability to be versatile. The real problem with a druid comes in the fact that it copies pures.
    1) Once you play a rogue, you will never want to play kitty druid again
    2) Once you play a mage/warlock, you will never want to play a boomkin again
    3) Once you play a prot warrior, you will never want to play a bear tank again
    Only the resto tree is unique and fun for a druid.

Now of course, there are times when boomkins or feral cats are overpowered and do better or equivalent to the pure dps'ers, however this will never change the fact that as a feral cat, or boomkin, you simply will not have as many tools and tricks as a pure of the equivalent spec. For me, that really makes the game just more fun.

The same goes for feral tank. Even though for the most part of WotLK, feral tanks have been very strong, their tool set just isn't as fun as a warriors. Warriors have so many more tools that are so appropriate for every situation. Even though prot warriors have been largely underpowered (except H anub), I have never thought to myself, "man, I want to tank on my druid because I enjoy it more."

Now of course, this leaves resto. Yes, resto is fun. It is unique. It is powerful in both pve and pvp. However, you might not enjoy healing.
    Especially from your situation of already having a rogue and a mage, if you level a druid, you should only expect to do 2 things end-game: MT a raid boss, or heal.

So why a paladin? Their 3 trees are unique.
    1) A pally tank is unlike any other tank in the game
    2) A holy pally is unlike any other healer in the game
    3) A ret pally is unlike any other DPS in the game

PVP:
    Here's my last point, and it may or may not be important to you. Druids are more of a gamble in PVP. Because of their lack of tools as I mentioned above, the only druid that can shine is a resto druid. There has never been, and most likely will never be a season where people want feral druids over rogues, or boomkins over mages. Every season, there are 2 healers that shine. If one particular season, resto druid is not one of those healers, you will feel serious frustration. Paladin on the other hand, since BC has always had at least one spec that was respectable on PVP (albiet, sometimes is was prot -_-), and this really goes back to the 3 pally trees are unlike any other class in the game, where as the 4 druid trees are 3 copies of other trees, and 1 unique tree.

As to your other questions:
    - both are very easy to level especially with low level crusader strike now
    - paladins actually have more lore, and more class specific quests as you level
    - high demand? neither one of them are in high demand. If you check the population on every server out there, paladins and druids are always the top 2 populated class, generally rogue is the class with the lowest number of max level players.
    - stealth/ cheetah/ flight form? Ya they're nice, but really... only for running away.
    - You should go mining/JC -> JC/engineering.
    Engineering is the best prof out there...
    JC is important because with hybrid classes, in any particular season/raid sets, the best stat might not be str/agi/int, and the ability to be versatile with changing stats is important.
    Last edited by Windry; 2010-11-15 at 11:14 AM.

I have a level 60 alt that I leveled purely for RaF purposes. I can't understand why anyone would want more than one of each class to actually play on though.

Deleted
    I fear that if i level my 6th druid people will start to think i have a problem. That is of course a lie, i can stop playing druids anytime i want! I just don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Animorpheus View Post
    I have a level 60 alt that I leveled purely for RaF purposes. I can't understand why anyone would want more than one of each class to actually play on though.
    It becomes very difficult to keep gear current on more than one spec with raid lockouts. Especially with druids as they are the only ones with 4 viable specs. I like healing now and then, but being that my main spec is feral dps, offspec tank... my resto gear is quite laughable. I personally only have one druid, but I can see why people would want more.

I'm actually leveling my second Druid now. My first is specced Feral cat but my new one is Ballance\Resto.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already have a Tauren Druid who I leveled during the last few weeks of BC.

But I plan to level up a Worgen or Night Elf Druid who will be my main in Cataclysm :3
    She will be Cat spec for leveling and end game I've only leveled Feral, but I wouldn't be opposed to leveling another one as Balance at some point in time.

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

i have 3 80's paladin, druid, and mage ... i wish i only had the druid...

leveling was so much fun especially with dual spec, you could go feral/boomkin .. and still be able to heal instances tank or dps.... random queues were super fast.

free flight... overall the best casual class in game because youcan play any roll...

pvp wise, if you like healing than bgs and arena is pretty easy.
    if you like dpsing, i think learning to play feral over like lets say a rogue or something is a little bit trickier, takes more time to learn but once you master it , really fun class.

Id love to level a druid again and i am kinda tempted to... Just to see how it differs from leveling in vanilla / BC and so on. Might even make a worgen one after i get my main druid to 85 :P We shall see!!