Thread: Frost mage 4.0

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Talking Frost mage 4.0

Is there any updated frost mage pvp guide? i would love some info since i just dinged 80 2 hours ago

Frost Mage PvP Guide (Updated for 4.0.1)

Deep Freeze -> Ice Lance -> Ice Lance -> Ice Lance -> Ice Lance

Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post

Yeah... now lets go over the stats in general, and what speccs to use, glyphs to use, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Doxe View Post
    Yeah... now lets go over the stats in general, and what speccs to use, glyphs to use, and why?
    Stat: Intellect
    Spec: Frost
    Glyphs: Glyphs that improve Frost Spells

Do you even play WoW currently?

Stat: Intellect
    Spec: Frost
    Glyphs: Glyphs that improve Frost Spells

Do you even play WoW currently?
    NO my mage just totally dinged by herself, promise... stupid.
    Now stop begin an ahole, and either answer my questions or Gtfo

Your questions could be answered by simply playing the game for 5 minutes. Just saying.

So, i took 1 min to look into this...
    i would go with this spec, you can chose to go with ice veins glyph instead:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#oZZffrhsGsdbo:Vzcoha0mz
    is for rotation... well, ice lance whenever you got fingers of frost, use your pets frost nova whenever you can (2x fingers of frost is LOVE! plus freezing the target). Use frost firebolt whenever you get the proc (prefered with fingers of frost proc...). When no fingers of frost proc, use frost nova or cone of cold if close to melee range, and shoot 1-2 ice lances. Fill with frost bolt!

As for stats its something like int > crit > haste > mastery

i missed anything? this is written with pure logic, and less than 1 min... not hard, if you just think about it for a sec

Quote Originally Posted by Bairyhalls View Post
    is for rotation... well, ice lance whenever you got fingers of frost, use your pets frost nova whenever you can (2x fingers of frost is LOVE! plus freezing the target). Use frost firebolt whenever you get the proc (prefered with fingers of frost proc...). When no fingers of frost proc, use frost nova or cone of cold if close to melee range, and shoot 1-2 ice lances. Fill with frost bolt
    rotation in pvp? wat? and that spec is awful

go for http://www.wowhead.com/talent#oMhZZdfdhshsdbo

cast ice lance if there not frozen fuck it cast ice lance anyway, ice lance!

Quote Originally Posted by magicdevil09 View Post
    rotation in pvp? wat? and that spec is awful

go for http://www.wowhead.com/talent#oMhZZdfdhshsdbo
    spec is a matter of personal preference, that one works for me! (check my armory link, im almost full PvE gear, yet i kill stuff! and i got the wrecking ball after 4.0...). And when i say rotation, i mean some kind of priority system, as the OP asked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bairyhalls View Post
    spec is a matter of personal preference, that one works for me! (check my armory link, im almost full PvE gear, yet i kill stuff! and i got the wrecking ball after 4.0...). And when i say rotation, i mean some kind of priority system, as the OP asked about.
    Spec really is a matter of preference because there's very little actual gameplay difference between your "terrible" spec and the "ideal" spec. Mine happens to be 5/0/31.

But, with my spec there are certain situations where I would kill my opponent where you may not. There are no situations where you would kill your opponent where I would not.

Deleted
    Frost nova, deepfreeze, icelance, icelance. Rinse and repeat.
    Ignore all other abilities its important that you maximize your action per minutes pressing those 3 buttons. Everything is a waste of time and potential face roll damage. Hell why blink when you can just ICELANCE?

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Frost nova, deepfreeze, icelance, icelance. Rinse and repeat.
    Ignore all other abilities its important that you maximize your action per minutes pressing those 3 buttons. Everything is a waste of time and potential face roll damage. Hell why blink when you can just ICELANCE?
    Man, don't tell him that he can blink! Maybe he might look deeper into his spellbook and find Iceblock, Invisibility, Shields, a Pet or even Spellsteal! That would be the total ownage of all melees and the nerfcallings would bring forumservers to crash.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    stats i use on mine are, if ya pvp, spell pen to 115 or there abouts, resilience to about 1100 there abouts, if you get that with pvp gear then use pve gear for the rest of your set up for some extra pewpew or youll struggle to kill stuff, crit get to 33.33% if at all possible so that when a target is frozen the new 3 multilpier talent makes it 100% crit chance on frozen targets,, haste...meh if u got it fine otherwise dont worry,, try to get lots of mastery now too if possible, it rocks for extra dmg against frozen peas,, freeze n lance baby, freeze n lance,,
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit Cap > Spell Pen (till ~115) > Haste > Mastery > Crit

check my toon out for spec and gemming ( sorry if I logged in pve gear :3 )

wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackrock&cn=Evilactivity

edit: for the spec, you have 2 filler points ( I put mine in piercing ice) , also if you actually feel like your 1.0 second frostbolts are getting pushback then spec out of Netherwind Presence and into Burning Soul

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by weshallarise View Post
    cast ice lance if there not frozen fuck it cast ice lance anyway, ice lance!
    ^ This. Ice Lance hits relatively hard even when not frozen, with enough haste you get your GCD really low and just machine-gun spam IL with FoF, Pet Freeze, Frost Nova, Cone of Cold freeze, Shattered Barrier, hmm....I think that's all of them. They're not even "procs" anymore, they might as well be up the whole time.

I love dueling frostmages as Fire, then look at damage taken and see 60% of the damage come from ice lance, 40% from their pet and 10% from the opening turbo-charged frostbolt (while my damage is spread out in chunks of 10-20% from atleast 6 different sources).
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    ^ Check this guy out, he want's help but still act's like a douche in the process.

(REVISED EDITION)

Ice Lance -> Ice Lance -> Ice Lance -> Ice Lance

Quote Originally Posted by coke View Post
    frost mage pvp guide (updated for 4.0.1)

(revised edition)

ice lance -> ice lance -> ice lance -> ice lance
    qft

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    qft
    I play a mage and I think that ice lance needs a good hard boot in the chops. It takes no skill whatsoever to press one button repeatedly and it is no fun either. If we keep going the way we're going all the sweaty handed facerollers who were once pallys will go mage.

Arcane were nerfed back in TBC because they'd become one button wonders and it's the same with frost mages now too... at this rate ice lance is the new skillstorm or worse. Nerf it and let 'em qq.