Poll: * Which spec(s) will you level your shaman with from 80 to 85?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Post Which spec(s) will you level your shaman with from 80 to 85?

I have tried to search, but can't find any thread about it (although I expected there to be one?), so made my own. Sorry if this is a double post.

What do you think will be the fastest way to level your shaman?
    Which specs will you use?

I assume a main spec for questing etc. and an offspec you might use for certain quests or dungeons or PvP etc.

1. Elemental main spec / Enhancement offspec
    2. Elemental main spec / Resto offspec
    3. Enhancement main spec / Elemental offspec
    4. Enhancement main spec / Resto offspec
    5. Resto main spec / Elemental offspec
    6. Resto main spec / Enhancement offspec
    7. Only Elemental
    8. Only Enhancement
    9. Only Resto

Also how will you level? Quest / dungeon mix? PvP?

At first I had thought about going enhance main spec for questing and resto offspec for dungeons, but then I thought it might be better to go elemental / resto since they can use the same gear and I don't have to collect double? Used to level up to 80 with enhance and quite liked it, but queue time for dungeons as healer is just much faster. :-)

Thanks for your replies.
    Krystala

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!

well for leveling i belive that ele will be the way but i think i will go for Resto main spec and ele offspec like i am atm and i will do a mix of both dungeons and quests but try to leave pvp to 85
    Intel i7 2600k | NZXT Havik 140 | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 3x Liyama E2407HDS(5760x1080) | Intel 520 Series 120GB
    2x EVGA GTX 690 SC Signature 4096MB in SLI | 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2133 | CoolMaster HAF X

In my current gear I am able to queue for heroic dungeons as a healer...and stay in my elemental spec while putting out crazy damage and throwing a few healing surges every here and there. For Cataclysm, I will be leveling as my offspec elemental...keeping my resto spec to switch into for Cata dungeons when healing may start getting hard.

Enhancement is good, fun, and easy..but I feel like running to mobs is a waste of time. As elemental, they run to me and die before they can breathe on me! =D

Deleted
    Going for elemental MS/resto OS.
    Going to lvl up with a mix of questing and dungeons.
    Enhancement will probably be beter for solo'ing than elemental but I just cba to collect an enhancement set.

Probably gonna start with questing in my elemental spec. Then around 82-83 I'll start farming dungeons with some friends, either as ele or resto.

Deleted
    im full 264 resto gear atm, with the Spirit = Hit conversion from talent. Im able to just level as Elemental.
    in the HC's now im fully capable of healing in Elemental spec + resto gear, i dont now how far i can get with normal dungeons in cata..
    Since they might be somewhat harder.

Not that the gear that i have now will stay long ^^, i expect that all will be replaced in 2 levels xD

Deleted
    Enhancement main with Elemental off-spec.
    I'd go with just Enhancement, but for raiding it'll be handy to have an additional spec for versatility.

Exactly as I did from 1-80 -- Elemental main/Resto off

Deleted
    Questing/grinding = Enh
    Instance grinding group = Resto

10+ Year Old Account
    elemental must try earthquake

Elemental. I tried enhance on the beta and its not as good

im going with 2 Elemental spec

Quests - http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#hGGhhRfzzGZbh - Using water shield, lvl81/82 Ancestral Swiftness, lvl 83/84 Ancestral Resolve

Dungeons - http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#hGG0GRfkzGZbh - using Lightning Shield, lvl81/82 Ancestral Swiftness, lvl 83/84 Elemental Warding

this worked wonder when i level to 85 in beta, no downtime until Twillight Highlands while questing

Elemental for soloing. Restoration for Dungeons. They share the same gear so when I hit 85 I wont have to regear for Restoration.

sadly being on a server where horde outnumber ally atleast 5:1 ill be lvling as pvp elem with full wrathful, as for offspec dunno supose resto for the queue times
    "Bring the player, not the shaman"
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    When Blizzard get that dollar sign look in their eyes... anything is possible.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/omybad/

Enhancement for sureeeee

Elemental for levelling, because that's how i went 1-80. Have the resto as an off-spec for dungeons and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashbomba View Post

At first I had thought about going enhance main spec for questing and resto offspec for dungeons, but then I thought it might be better to go elemental / resto since they can use the same gear and I don't have to collect double? Used to level up to 80 with enhance and quite liked it, but queue time for dungeons as healer is just much faster. :-)

Thanks for your replies.
    Krystala
    this is dead on the money

I will be leveling as Enhance until I have enough quest/dungeon gear to switch to Elemental (guild hasn't raided since April so no good offspec gear currently) which I will most likely keep as my MS. I will keep Enhance as my offspec in case they decide to actually fix it and not make it play like shit.

enhRAAAAAAAAAGEment quests - resto dungeons

Fury / prot...

</3 enhancement
    I've no idea what to write here.