Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcantdothat View Post
    And no one gives a fuck. It was op having a sprint as a warrior or any other class not meant to have one.
    Classes which don't have a standard sprint can never get one, definitely...

Rocketboots... Swiftness Potion...

They're just urban legends in WoW.
    Keeper of the Gilinean Lore, Defender of Worgen, and General Nuisance to Blizzard

We will not be forgotten.

IMO, the increase in horde population over the years isn't so much due to 'meaningful' racials per se but more to blood elves being more stereotypically aesthetically pleasing to Earth human tastes than anything else - just look at the ~50% blood elf and <10% anything else server populations. For a lot of people, whatever marginal or otherwise benefits the racials confer do not outweigh running around as a pretty boy belf. If Horde were never given belves or alliance were given high elves, the QQ would probably be entirely the other way.

The people who well and truly do care more are the hardcore and they are pretty much a small, but louder minority. That being said, I think a lot of people would roll/reroll Worgen over goblins due to the newness and sheer 'f*** yea werewolves' factor vs. greedy green things that make stuff which breaks a lot. This might make alliance numbers reverse the trend but I doubt the reason at heart would be racials more than 'coolness.' An extra sprint is more generally useful for everything and less situational than the other ally trinket racials, even at 40%. 70% was pretty OP.
    Last edited by Jennalee; 2010-11-13 at 12:58 AM.

old darkflight was probably on the same CD as sprint, this one certainly won't be. I approve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Just a thought, if Darkflight was nerfed because it was 'OP' when stacked with Class talents that boost speed... The most logical recourse would seem to be to not allow it to stack.
    Keeper of the Gilinean Lore, Defender of Worgen, and General Nuisance to Blizzard

We will not be forgotten.

Sooo... what reason does a Druid have to even put this on their bar? Outdoors travel form moves as fast, with unlimted duration; and indoors two damn points in the feral tree and some PVP gear is all it takes for Cat form to move faster with unlimited duration.

I don't think any other race/class combo has as worthless an active racial power as this.

Can we at least get some sort of passive always-on minor speed boost, that stacks with talents, added to it? Like how vanilla Shadowmeld had a passive stealth bonus so it wasn't completely useless to nelf rogues and druids?
    Last edited by mrsake; 2010-11-13 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver View Post
    What happens is some people go for the racials, then this creates an imbalance so with more Horde it becomes easier for them to win in WG, when its easier to win in wg, you get lots of stonekeeper shards so you have free honor while you farm heroics, you also get 5% more rep, more xp, you do 5% more damage all the time so it is easier to farm reputations, level alts etc. the more people change the worse it gets, alliance are winning WG even less often, more people move, guilds start finding it a lot harder to recruit so entire guilds faction change etc. etc. etc.

This has basically been the story on my own server over the last year. It went from being a 50-50 server to being a 90-10 server in the course of the year and it is because a small advantage that tempts a small number of people creates a trend that leads to a huge population imbalance over a short period.
    Pretty much our server also.. Use to be fairly even.. Last Thursday night there were 20 lvl 80 alliance on.. All of the raiding guilds on alliance switched sides or servers.. No point in try to recruit/raid on a dead faction server..

Personally I would love everyone to switch to horde, but then Blizzard would make billions.. So that will never happen..

Of course blizzard has many outs for fixing the game, they are just lazy, it will never happen until someone can start rivaling their dominance in the mmo world and force them to change their ways to keep customers... This is kind of like pvp ruining other aspects of the game for their so called e-sport.. Easy fixes.. Take out racials in any instanced pvp situation OR make abilities do something/react different..

Their excuse on why they do not do this is it will be too complex for people to learn these roles.. Guess what, most people play on tons of alts and have no problem with all the same looking icons doing something on different toons.. Hell separating the two would allow both pve and pvp to be balanced easier.. The only thing that would be off would be world pvp, but no one really cares about it unless they are ganking anyway..

10+ Year Old Account
    If certain racials are really bad and the Goblin ones are really good, then Blizzard will either fix the old ones or nerf the new ones. Take a guess at the other. Complain enough to Blizz at the right channels and they'll fix it. But I don't think MMO-Champ is the place to do it.

Personally, I don't pick a race for the racials. Min-Maxing to that point is ludicrous to me. I'm making 2 worgen. One a DK and 1 a Rogue. Rouge doesn't need it and my DK probably won't have much use for it (since I'll have chains of Ice and Death grip to control the battlefield).

Should it have been nerfed: I don't think so. But we aren't going to get it fixed here.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

now it's no faster than Druid travel form ... My guess was they didn't want Worgen becoming the defacto flag carriers, I expect to see it start sharing a CD with Travel form soon and other speed enhancing buffs.

So the horde get damage and haste buffs abound, natural warstomps, silences, etc...

and the best racial the Alliance get is Every Man for Himself.... and now even that is gimped.

Seriously, Dark Flight is fucking 40% now, only slightly better then Aspect of the Cheetah.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow