Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto Shaman addon question

I'm rolling a shaman for cata and interested in healing. I've seen many unit frames (Grid, Vuhdo, Blizzard's), and was curious what resto shamans use currently, and which would be best for a new one?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../bemore/simple Retired...for now.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...factoid/simple New Main.
    HOLY POWER =/= COMBO POINTS!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunt123 View Post
    I am just not willing to look RNG in the face and say "Bite me"

I use Vuhdo for my raid frames, that's about it. Others use healbot etc. Vuhdo can do it all once you config it right. If you mean resto shaman specific addons... There's nothing really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started on healbot and switched to vuhdo since it felt a little more user friendly to me. is it for others? idk. individual situations i suppose. i have most of my spells bound to the various mouse buttons and Shift + mouse buttons. Using the vuhdo to heal opens up the 1-6 buttons to help throw out a shock or other offensive spells when there is some down time healing. Works great for the raids and what not. i know plenty of ppl that use grid as well. its all which ever you prefer and feel more comfortable with really.
    Last edited by kinreal; 2010-11-12 at 01:08 AM.
    O.o

Deleted
    Vuhdo is VERY configurable, I enjoy it to the full extent on my Holy paladin for several months.

Grid is also a good choice, though it lacks configurations unless you download more mods to support whatever you want changed.

Deleted
    My resto shammy use healbot and it works pretty good, but it took some time to config to get it really comfortable to use.
    Havn't test any of the other yet but planning on it for cata.
    Test them out at low levels and see which one you find is your type, that's the best tip I can give you.

I might be trying healbot soon.Prob is i have used xperl unit frames for so long , it's ready to use once installed and it shows debuffs/buffs.It can be a bit messy in 25 mans but. very effective.
    I tried grid but since i was used to using bigger unit frames , it became hard for me to see how hard someone was being hit in grid.Ironically due to it's small size on screen it's the most efficient if your trying to economize screen space, just give your self plenty of time to get used to it.I think it goes well with clique the healer "one click" addon
    Last edited by walexia; 2010-11-12 at 08:13 AM.

Deleted
    Tukui (include grid) + Maccro MouseOver

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enuke View Post
    Tukui (include grid) + Maccro MouseOver
    This. Using the same on all my healers and Tukui grid realy shows everything u need to know.

I use Grid and Clique. Always worked well for me, I can put all heals on variations of clicks and shift clicks and CD's and utils on 1-6. You can also customize grid pretty easily to add Earth Shield and Riptide and the other proc'd HoT (Ancestral Healing? forget name) indicators on each frame. That being said I haven't played since late May so I don't know what's changes since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

Deleted
    Grid + Clique ... dont forget that u can bind also wind shear or purge on clique when mouseover so u dont even need keyboard....

Deleted
    ive used healbot for 18 months now & havnt looked back. i used to use grid on my holy priest, but i much prefer healbot tbh

15+ Year Old Account
    I use Grid and Clique. Also Grid Raid Debuffs. The default Grid settings are crap, but you can configure it to be very clear and simple.

I used HealBot for a few months and was the only thing I liked. Then I tried VuhDo again about 3 weeks ago, and actually took the time to configure it, and I love it. I uninstalled HealBot and am not gonna go back to it.

I've used HealBot on all the healing classes, and VuhDo on all but Holy Paladin (his main spec is Prot and I haven't gotten around to gearing his Holy spec). I prefer VuhDo by far. It takes a bit of time initially to learn all the configurations but once you do it's way more customizable than HealBot.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2010-11-13 at 04:48 PM.

I've recently switched over to the new Blizz raid frames when Grid wasn't working properly. They're not terrible, although there definitely is not nearly as much configuration as the other addons have.

I used to use grid and mouseovers, but since the patch I've stuck with the default raid UI, mouseovers and a tidy little mod called Decursive for quick cleansing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Parts of this thread make me laugh, other parts make me lose faith in humanity.

Deleted
    I used a combo of Grid + mouseovers and some Clique.

But honestly just using the raid UI + mouseovers seems enough.

I just hope they add more customization to the standard raid frames in the future (like debuff placement/icon size, etc). Just like Grid used to be!

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO - if you do go with healbot or something similar, only get it once your 84-5, you won't need it for leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sraidframes, Cliche and good old fashioned mouseovers

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Grid and Clique for mouseover, I've yet to find anything that can compete with that.