15+ Year Old Account

Account Locked, what to look for?

Woke up this morning and was about to login to WoW when I got the message: "This account has been locked due to suspicious activity". I'm currently running a full system scan using Avast, but I was wondering if there are any specific files i should look for that are immidiately suspected. I am currently not using an authenticator.

Deleted
    Well first of all: get an authenticator! Mobile one is even free of charge, so no reason not to get one.

As for what to look for, first try something simple. Did you recently delete an old email-account? I deleted my hotmail about a month ago, but forgot to switch battle.net to my new account. The system thought that an account linked to a closed email-adress was suspicious. Once I reactivated my account, then switched everything to my new email-adress, everything was fine. To be sure, just enter a -new- password and get the authenticator.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to have an authenticator but i lended a friend my beta account, which made it a bit annoying using it every time he wanted to log on. Stupid, I know. I havent deleted my email account but I forwarded it to a new one, not sure that would make a difference though.

i'd just do the scan
    this happened to me a few days ago and i did a full system scan with norton and it removed the virus
    after that i just had to follow the link blizz emailed to me to change my password and i was all good

10+ Year Old Account
    You could also try the new phone in authenticator. When the server suspects something strange is going on (hack, logging on an unknown ip) it will prompt you to call in and give a passcode to verify it's you. Seems like a win to me.
    Offtopic: anyone get it yet? Any hiccups? I'd like to try it, but I may wait for more feedback before I unhook my authenticator

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonic View Post
    Woke up this morning and was about to login to WoW when I got the message: "This account has been locked due to suspicious activity". I am currently not using an authenticator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonic View Post
    I used to have an authenticator but i lended a friend my beta account, which made it a bit annoying using it every time he wanted to log on. Stupid, I know. I havent deleted my email account but I forwarded it to a new one, not sure that would make a difference though.
    Wow....just wow. Your account is suddenly logging on from a different place consistently now and then, you unhooked your authenticator from your account and you wonder why blizz flagged your account as being suss? Of course they would. It hasnt been locked from a virus or keylogger. It was locked because YOU GAVE YOUR FRIEND YOUR ACCOUNT TO USE.

re-add your authenticator to your account. tell said friend to gtfo and keep your own account for yourself.