Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by angrywithmygod View Post
    I still don't get why they keep insisting to use anduin as a main character rather than Turaylon, considering Alleria's involvement, the arathi and the light it feels like its should be him going on this adventure and Anduin sitting on the throne. Can't see why having a depressed layabout like anduin is better than a guy who fought the void and legion for years. Also seems irresponsible to have someone suffering depression forced into a war against their will.
    Anduin is younger and has been growing up with the player base, he's much more relatable and has more potential than a thousand year paladin dad (and the first paladin), who should be used more like a mentor, Jeigan style unit (fire emblem reference).

Thrall was this young leader once, he was the "anduin" of the horde back in W3 to cata and now is starting to get older so he may kick the bucket or retire (again) for his son to take his place. Turalyion is like Khadgar: a relic of the past (W2!) who will probably die in midnight.

Alleria is a bit different as she's waifu material that blizzard avoids to remove (see Sylvannas, Azshara, Tyrande and Jaina), and a decent replacement for Sylvannas as the hot edgy archer elf girl after they detroyed sylvannas reputation and character in bfa-SL. She's also kinda inmortal so being old is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    Anduin is younger and has been growing up with the player base, he's much more relatable and has more potential than a thousand year paladin dad (and the first paladin), who should be used more like a mentor, Jeigan style unit (fire emblem reference).
    Yes, he grew up with the playerbase but that playerbase did not like him from beginning till end ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yes, he grew up with the playerbase but that playerbase did not like him from beginning till end ;-)
    I'm sure most of the horde playerbase doesn't care about the alliance leader, same way I didn't like Sylvannas nor Saurfang (I like Thrall tho), but I wouldn't say that the playerbase in general doesn't like him or his story. His story as an adult/king basically started with BFA and TWW with the upcoming trilogy will probably show a much different and evolved character that people might like more. He needs some badass cinematic moment for the og warcraft fans to like him more I guess.
    Last edited by allegrian; 2024-04-18 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Dadgar is quite powerful, but he's "just" a really good Mage. He's not a Guardian level beatstick and doesn't have a track record of easily 1v1ing mighty enemies, for instance Gul'dan make him struggle and kinda bested him in the Tomb of Sargeras audio story. If she's a Void entity near the level of an Old God as the story seems to imply, it would make sense that she's stronger than him.

Besides, Blizzard needs to establish the new villain as a threat, and there's no more tried and true method than having said villain kill X secondary character.
    Really good? He's the most powerful living mage, his feats far eclipse Jaina's

Even if you say Jaina is better, that makes him #2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I am a player and I like him

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huggykaze2 View Post
    Killing Khadgar off-screen would be a huge turn-off.

- - - Updated - - -

Saying it's unearned it's like saying nearly every new enemy's power was unearned. There's story behind her and we'll definitely learn whether it's unearned or not. It's simply too early to state things like this.
    But she's not new, we've seen her in action before in BFA

Lets kill off the rest of the Marvel cast too

Quote Originally Posted by Eupitor View Post
    Lets kill off the rest of the Marvel cast too
    What exactly is a marvel cast alt account?

Just wanted to be polemical, never liked the character thats it
    Why should i explain something thats really obvious to grasp not trying to argue about terms
    Also no alt account

Quote Originally Posted by Baraden View Post
    But she's not new, we've seen her in action before in BFA
    Yes, we have. I'm just saying that it's not fair to say her power is unearned, because we know too little about her. With this logic all new villains that haven't been established in Warcraft 1, 2 and 3 would have to be described in the same way.

Xal'atath has been established to be a powerful entity, already. Whether she has enough power to bonk Khadgar really depends on specific lore about her. If she's, say, an Old God or part of Y'shaaraj, then there's no question. If she was some 3rd rate lieutenant and World Soul Saga doesn't explain how she got so powerful, then and only then we can state that her power was unearned.