Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question [Disc Priest] T11 setbonus

Item – Priest T11 Healer 2P Bonus – Increases the critical strike chance of your Heal spell by 5%.
    Item – Priest T11 Healer 4P Bonus – Each time your Penance spell heals a target with Weakened Soul you gain 540 Spirit for 10 sec, and being in a Chakra state grants you 540 Spirit for the duration of the Chakra.
    I was just thinking...
    With the T11 priest set bonus, for disc priests, do you see us going for the OS-set again?
    Since Intelect has a bigger value then Spirit atm?
    Unless the offspec set stats doesnt equal with the 540spirit we'll get from the 4setbonus

uhm the reason we went for offpieces was due to the poor itemization on tier 10 for discipline and fair enough, the bonues were pants aswell.

Shadowfiend was nerfed, veiled shadows was nerfed, rapture was nerfed and replenishment got nerfed hardcore. How is the discipline mana situation on the beta with the recent rapture change? Its a free 540 spirit which is nice

The stats on tier11 isnt bad for either of the specs, most offset pieces i've seen have a lot of crit on them.

i dont get what you're on about when you say intellect has a bigger value then spirit, true but what's your point, a robe that has spirit intellect and stamina on it doesnt have less intellect then a similar robe with only stamina, intellect and some other random stat such as hit or crit. When comparing two items with the same item level that say. Most of the loot tables are already available for display, look them up.
    Last edited by Menolól; 2010-11-13 at 02:02 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like Meno said, it's a free 540 Spirit. That's nothing to sneeze at. I think some of the heroic tier pieces will more than likely be best in slot anyway.

The only thing that seems kinda unbalanced are the triggers. Being in a chakra state as holy is a 24/7 situation... there is no reason not to be.
    Same thing with resto druid.. having 3 stacks of lifebloom on the tank is something they want anyway.

Restoshami's are forced to use Riptide on cooldown (something you definitly don't want to) if they want to have the 540 spirit aura.
    Paladins have to use Holy Radiance (lol), which means it's impossible to get the aura while healing a single target only.
    Discpriests have to use Penance on cooldown ( something you definitly don't want to). And on top of that the target has to be affected by the weakend soul debuff. (Which is only occuring if that person would have died otherwise)

I really hope that they are going to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Geschan View Post
    The only thing that seems kinda unbalanced are the triggers. Being in a chakra state as holy is a 24/7 situation... there is no reason not to be.
    Same thing with resto druid.. having 3 stacks of lifebloom on the tank is something they want anyway.

Restoshami's are forced to use Riptide on cooldown (something you definitly don't want to) if they want to have the 540 spirit aura.
    Paladins have to use Holy Radiance (lol), which means it's impossible to get the aura while healing a single target only.
    Discpriests have to use Penance on cooldown ( something you definitly don't want to). And on top of that the target has to be affected by the weakend soul debuff. (Which is only occuring if that person would have died otherwise)

I really hope that they are going to fix that.
    Weakened Soul comes from getting a PW: Shield, not if they would have died.

I don't understand your logic. Are you saying you only shield people that are in danger of dying... as a disc priest?!?

I personally don't save penance for special situations, I use it every CD. It is 2nd only to PoM in terms of HpM (IIRC) and it's too good a heal not to use IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will reserve penance for spike damage if using it on CD is only contributing to overhealing. I also think sometimes flash heal is a better go to heal and reserving penance makes more sense. Depends on the fight and situation. I think with the set bonus you will be encouraged to shield the tank and keep a penance on the tank to keep the spirit buff up. Mana regen is a serious issue for priests atm and not taking advantage of the set bonus would probably be a big waste during the first tier or 2 of cata.

The thing in cataclysm is blanket shielding is not as effective and you don't have the mana to keep up a ps:shield spam. Some of this discussion is focusing on mechanics that are changing in cata vs. how they are currently on live servers. GC said shields are a way to stabilize wounded party members. I definitely don't want to return to the mind numbing task of being a bubble bot in cataclysm.

Well, tell me in which situations would you use penance AND powerword: shield on the same target ;> except tankhealing and someone taking a shitload of damage eg. dying

Well, tell me in which situations would you use penance AND powerword: shield on the same target ;> except tankhealing and someone taking a shitload of damage eg. dying
    I can't speak for high end cata raids but I would assume the play style will be relatively similar which would mean that 90% of the time everyone in the raid (talking 10man) has weakened soul because as disc you're rolling shields on everyone to pre-empt damage.

When WOULDN'T a person have weakened soul while you are disc, then it's just a matter of casting penance on anyone at anytime evererer and you get your 540 spirit. Granted it's not as reliable as the bonus will be for a good holy priest but hey it'll still be up a tonne.

Perhaps when you're tank healing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sake00 View Post
    I can't speak for high end cata raids but I would assume the play style will be relatively similar which would mean that 90% of the time everyone in the raid (talking 10man) has weakened soul because as disc you're rolling shields on everyone to pre-empt damage.

When WOULDN'T a person have weakened soul while you are disc, then it's just a matter of casting penance on anyone at anytime evererer and you get your 540 spirit. Granted it's not as reliable as the bonus will be for a good holy priest but hey it'll still be up a tonne.
    Completely wrong sry.

Since PW:S is scaling horribly and costing way more mana in cata you wont see more than 3 or maybe 4 people getting a PW:S in 10 man raids.
    PW:S is one of worst spells come cata heal/absorb AND mana wise.
    If a disc priest keeps blanketing a raid like on live he will be oom in 1 min..........

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturna View Post
    PW:S is one of worst spells come cata heal/absorb AND mana wise.
    Completely wrong sorry. You are forgetting the very nice gyph and also the fact that power word shield gives you a haste proc, making it very good for tank healing. I agree that you won't be spamming it anymore like now, but is that really what you want? To be an overpowered class that could be the best healer by just randomly pressing one button (or mouseclick, depending on how you roll) on people?

The sky isn't falling my lady.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apologies for getting a little off topic but I am under the impression that keeping riptide on cooldown is desirable for Shaman. Riptide is a cheap heal and keeping it on cooldown maximises the uptime of Tidal Waves which is an important throughput buff given how long cast times will be early in an expansion.

Though I do agree that the Disc 4pc seems a little lame compared to the Holy buff. Though as others have said it's looking like it'll see decent uptime while tank healing.

Given all the other benefits from weakened soul when would you cast penance on someone that didn't have it? Either you are casting it on a tank and he would probably have the debuff anyway or you will quickly change to a raid member taking spike damage at which point casting the shield first gives you an extra 10% crit chance and 14% haste on that penance.

Quote Originally Posted by sake00 View Post

holy set gives u 540 spirit for whole chakra duration which means 1min, and then u can cast another chakra (which is FREE !!) so u use no mana and basically dont need to do anything else to keep your buff
    disc set gives u 540 spirit for 10sec !! only and only if u cast PW>S and penance which do cost u a good chunk of mana esp, new PW>S

so i still think this set is unballanced ,

I think alot of priests forget that spirit isn't that big of a deal for discipline as compared to holy. It helps, but it doesnt have as large as an effect as it does for holy.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

Quote Originally Posted by Memoryz View Post
    I think alot of priests forget that spirit isn't that big of a deal for discipline as compared to holy. It helps, but it doesnt have as large as an effect as it does for holy.
    spirit is important for ALL healing specs and classes

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Memoryz View Post
    That only makes the set bonus worse. Spirit is about half as good for disc as for holy and on the top of that we don't even get 100% uptime on that proc. The 5% crit on heal is horrible aswell. I barely use heal (about 5% contribution on most raidbosses), I could even take it off my bars. Our set bonuses need some review I think.

Deleted

Maloriak.

When you get blue phase, pwns for fast iceblock healing.

Tank on Magmaw. When the tank is getting "eaten" by magmaw.

Omnitron: When someone gets the laser beam.

etcetc.

Quote Originally Posted by darkhunter View Post
    spirit is important for ALL healing specs and classes
    Sure it is, but it has less of an effect when you factor in the mana return from rapture, having a larger mana pool, etc. They should just change it for disc and let it proc int instead of spirit.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"