FB/FT more viable than WF/FB for pvp at 85?

Will enhance shamans use fb/ft instead of wf/fb with the nice damage from ft and also the buff it gives to LL? I think wf is a big part of us and it will suck to let it go but i will if fb/ft is the better option.

Also, msw takes too long to build up, what if it only took 3 to stack and or had a chance to gain a charge from damage taken. I usually save my msw for heals or a hex rarely using it for lightning bolts, unless in a 3v3 situation where i can spend more on bolts and worry less about healing.

I heard there would be a glyph allowing us to use Frostbrand on off-hand and still get our extra 40% bonus damage on Lava Lash, but i havent heard of it since a month maybe. Anyone else heard of that?

But yeah fb/ft should be better for PvP. We really need the extra damage flametongue gives to our lava lash, and the slow from frostbrand.

I dont know.. with the series of buffs to WF, I think they still want us to use that in our MH.

I did some FB/FT here at 80 and it seemed to work almost as good as WF/FT. problem was many fewer MW procs when missing WF on main hand.

My prediction is WF/something. probably FB.

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    I did some FB/FT here at 80 and it seemed to work almost as good as WF/FT. problem was many fewer MW procs when missing WF on main hand.
    i had same results. thanks for the replies

When you're considering Flametongue and Frostbrand for your OH imbue, it comes down to damage vs utility. Most people will choose utility (Frostbrand) over damage - especially considering that the damage difference is not huge with the Frozen Power talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipur View Post
    i had same results. thanks for the replies
    thats so embarrassing, WF went from our coolest most powerful ability to equal in damage to all the other enchants...im glad i switched over to druid.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    thats so embarrassing, WF went from our coolest most powerful ability to equal in damage to all the other enchants...im glad i switched over to druid.
    I would not be surprised if Enha started using Earthliving for DPS xD
    On a serious note, with enough Mastery Rating (assuming it will be fixed to affect all Enha's spells) i suppose FB could replace WF in PvP - but not in PvE due to Frozen Power debuff not working on Bosses.

I guess you could go with WF/FB with LL glyph on.
    Extra swings are important in PvP in order to get MW5.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    im glad i switched over to druid.
    Or instead you could have specced to the Elemental awesomesauce
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR View Post
    Or instead you could have specced to the Elemental awesomesauce
    ya haha, ele has some badass burst and i love their mastery, enhance mastery is so boring

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I would not be surprised if Enha started using Earthliving for DPS xD
    On a serious note, with enough Mastery Rating (assuming it will be fixed to affect all Enha's spells) i suppose FB could replace WF in PvP - but not in PvE due to Frozen Power debuff not working on Bosses.
    ya seriously, you'd probably get more benefit from the HoT effect of earth living than WF, sad, just plain sad

I don't understand why you people are so attached to WF. We are Enhancement shaman not Windfury shaman. We are supposed to use all our weapons imbues and not just go with one set just because we like big windfury cirts. A good player will always evaluate the situation and use the appropriate spells accordingly , while bad players will just faceroll and hope for a big crit.
    If you ask me , they should give us a way to use Eartliving for self healing and allow for an efficient weapon imbue change while in combat so that we could decide what combination of weapon imbues to use depending on situation. This plus the UW mechanic would really make Enhance a very fun and involved spec.

If you ask me , they should give us a way to use Eartliving for self healing and allow for an efficient weapon imbue change while in combat so that we could decide what combination of weapon imbues to use depending on situation.
    that would be very fun talent, but probally would be overpowered on a resto shamman.

For PVP WF/FB is better then FB/FT at level 85. It was only true for a little while because of how weak ULE WF was, but it's been buffed so no problem. WF is essential for MW5 procs and just any procs in general.

There is a bug on the Beta where FT is doing more damage then WF, but thats not intended. WF should always be >> then FT. There have been some problems with SS and WF scaling, so hopefully they address that with some better scaling in Focused strikes and Elemental Weapons, plus better Agility/Weapon damage scaling.

People do need to move past WF though. Along with white melee and FT, it's part of our passive damage and is slowly making way for more active damage. With our mastery buffing most active damage abilities we will gradually see passive damage shrink over time, but it's good in the long run cause it means buttons you push do more damage and you are not required to be on target as much.