Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Then you'll be happy to know that Hitagi End is about Kaiki and she is essentially never relevant.
    This makes me really sad, god damnit.

Saw the first episode of Coppelion was up on Hulu, figured I might as well check it out.

People are correct that the visuals are beautiful. Perhaps it's me just not being in synch with the whole medium, but it still strikes me as ludicrous that they're dressed like they're going to school...in a nuclear wasteland. Other than that, rather darkly atmospheric so I look forward to seeing where they take it.

One thing I'm a little lost on is what that meter they have is supposed to be measuring. It seems like some sort Geiger counter but that doesn't make sense considering how they were using it.

why do u think the geiger counter didnt make sense? the closer u go to radiation the louder it gets/faster and thats exactly what they did?

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    why do u think the geiger counter didnt make sense? the closer u go to radiation the louder it gets/faster and thats exactly what they did?
    I think he means because they were using it to find people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I think he means because they were using it to find people.
    Perhaps we and/or the characters are only assuming its radiation... It could be that this "event" created something that is easy to distinguish in biological systems.

Or, for the sake of your sanity, you can just assume that this sci-fi movie from the future has a remote "DNA sniffer" in the meter regardless of what else it may be measuring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Log Horizon - Yay for a MMO show without 10 billion plot holes in the first episode and no edgy/angsty teenager MC. Also yay for said characters being in a guild and not thinking their beast enough to solo the game hardcore style hurr durr. I also liked how it was a continue on in the form of an expansion, so people were already max level and knew the game. Also yay for good comedy and adorable assassin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Log Horizon - Yay for a MMO show without 10 billion plot holes in the first episode and no edgy/angsty teenager MC. Also yay for said characters being in a guild and not thinking their beast enough to solo the game hardcore style hurr durr. I also liked how it was a continue on in the form of an expansion, so people were already max level and knew the game. Also yay for good comedy and adorable assassin.
    They aren't in a guild though ^^

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Perhaps we and/or the characters are only assuming its radiation... It could be that this "event" created something that is easy to distinguish in biological systems.

Or, for the sake of your sanity, you can just assume that this sci-fi movie from the future has a remote "DNA sniffer" in the meter regardless of what else it may be measuring.
    Oh, it didn't bother me lol. I'm well aware logic is often absent from anime lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    They aren't in a guild though ^^
    Meh, 3 person party lol. Good enough. Looks like it will be growing too. I hope we get that cat we saw in the preview to join the party. Dude was fabulous.

I have a feeling his reason for not wanting to join a guild is going to be stupid though. I imagine it's something to do with that old group he was apart of.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, why are SSY BDs taking so long to be released/subbed. I've been wanting to rewatch the show, but not till the BDs are out. Same deal with Psycho Pass. I may just be imagining it, but I feel like those two have been coming out really slowly in comparison to other shows' BDs.

Deleted
    Just watched Outbreak Company.... damn, another keeper. This season starts strong.

And I have to agree with the MC: Mattaku youjo wa saikou daze!

dosent the amount of radiation increase that a living being radiates if its to long in a contaminated area? ^^

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

dosent the amount of radiation increase that a living being radiates if its to long in a contaminated area? ^^
    That doesn't sound right, but who knows. And like the other person said, for all we know it's not even a Geiger counter.

Deleted
    Radiation is increased if you stay in an area too long, but I don't think it was a radiation detector. Those girls can survive the radiation or whatever it is, but the rest of the people can't? I think they were genetically modified to be able to survive there, as they mentioned one of them had abilities from modified DNA.

Deleted
    First ep of Coppelion was awesome. Beautiful visuals and seems promising in the story department.

As for the beep-beep - it is not a radiation meter, why are you assuming it's a Geiger counter? It's a SF series, some kind of lifeform detector is not a far-fetched possibility and it reacted to living organisms.

Radiation is increased if you stay in an area too long, but I don't think it was a radiation detector. Those girls can survive the radiation or whatever it is, but the rest of the people can't? I think they were genetically modified to be able to survive there, as they mentioned one of them had abilities from modified DNA.
    This is a bit of spoiler from the manga, the girls are all artificially created humans designed to be immune to radiation. The detector is most likely primarily for measuring radiation, and I think how it can find living beings is somewhat explained later if I remember correctly.

Deleted
    New wrestling anime.. so much plot it hurts.

I don't know if I can watch this and stay sane.

10+ Year Old Account
    New wrestling anime.. so much plot it hurts.

I don't know if I can watch this and stay sane.
    I dropped once it got to the OP.

So many new shows today and an 8 hour shift right in the middle of the day, and can't stay up watching cause Japanese and a long shift tomorrow also. Why does life do this to me.

Ladies and gentlemen. i present to you my favorite announcement this year. http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...nime-announced

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen. i present to you my favorite announcement this year. http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...nime-announced
    I have been looking forward to that. I like the manga so far and I have planned to read the light novels, but I haven't had time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    OMG YES GIVE NOAW i love the manga the only thing bad about it is its getting released to slow! and i hate reading LN's on my pc ^^ cant wait for it

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

OMG YES GIVE NOAW i love the manga the only thing bad about it is its getting released to slow! and i hate reading LN's on my pc ^^ cant wait for it
    Have you tried reading on your phone instead? I find it much easier.