Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    Except he wasn't the first king of Uruk.
    Oh snap son. I wasn't gonna say anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Then there's something wrong with classes. Gilgamesh is far more important than King Arthur is. King Arthur is a fictional story that may be based in reality.

Gilgamesh is the very first story on Earth, the King of the known world, and debatably the first actual King on Earth.

That's far more important than some fake King with a round table.

Not knowing the first King ever and the first story ever is like not knowing who Julius Caesar is.
    I still don't know him.
    And if this thread is any indication; about 70-85% had to look him up.
    Calling him the most famous legend is exaggeration and I'm really don't know what you're basing your posts on.
    Is there an actual article about which legend is more known?
    Do you have -proof- ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    While I respect your opinion, I insist that I must disagree.
    I did like the Fate/UBW ending more than the Fate/Stay Night ending.
    The part with Gilgamesh vs Illya though...

Gilgamesh must have been pretty powerful to have only ruled for 126 years when the first king ruled for 346 years.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumeria...ynasty_of_Uruk
    Unlike his successors Enmerkar, Lugalbanda, Dumuzid, the Fisherman and Gilgamesh, Mesh-ki-ang-gasher is not known from Sumerian epics or legends besides the King List. His nature as the son of the sun god, the founder of a major dynasty and his mysterious "disappearance" in the sea give him a mostly mythological flavor.
    Last edited by Yami; 2014-03-12 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reisen View Post
    I did like the Fate/UBW ending more than the Fate/Stay Night ending.
    The part with Gilgamesh vs Illya though...
    They changed parts from the route in the game, which I didn't like. Berserker does die, but not until after Ilya does. Gilgamesh technically kills him, but he stays alive through his own will for Ilya's sake. He nearly breaks out of the Heavenly Chains as well, which is pretty badass. In the ending, Saber doesn't disappear. She stays with Tohsaka and Shirou as Rin's familiar, and goes with them to the Clock Tower.

It was good, but I'm more a fan of the Shirou/Saber pairing than I am of the Shirou/Rin pairing. It's hinted that the Realta Nua unlockable ending is Saber and Shirou's true ending anyways, which I'm a real big fan of. One thing I do want to see though, that isn't part of any route, is a battle between Gilgamesh and Archer. Shirou's fight with him was cool, but I think one with Archer would be even better, because Archer is infinitely more badass than him. His English VA is amazing as well, and imagining him saying, "So, King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?" makes me giggle like an anime schoolgirl
    Last edited by Sal the Shieldhog; 2014-03-12 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except he wasn't the first king of Uruk.
    Weren't the guys before him not really Kings and he's the one that could be called a true "King"?

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    1. baka-tsuki and well you always could copy paste them and print them but reading from unbound paper sucks too thats what keeps me from doing it ;P (and if SAO really gets released in english this year i will instant buy it from amazon!)
    I like to use http://www.batoto.net/ I feel it gets updated more often then any other place.

Deleted
    They changed parts from the route in the game, which I didn't like. Berserker does die, but not until after Ilya does. Gilgamesh technically kills him, but he stays alive through his own will for Ilya's sake. He nearly breaks out of the Heavenly Chains as well, which is pretty badass. In the ending, Saber doesn't disappear. She stays with Tohsaka and Shirou as Rin's familiar, and goes with them to the Clock Tower.

It was good, but I'm more a fan of the Shirou/Saber pairing than I am of the Shirou/Rin pairing. It's hinted that the Realta Nua unlockable ending is Saber and Shirou's true ending anyways, which I'm a real big fan of. One thing I do want to see though, that isn't part of any route, is a battle between Gilgamesh and Archer. Shirou's fight with him was cool, but I think one with Archer would be even better, because Archer is infinitely more badass than him. His English VA is amazing as well, and imagining him saying, "So, King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?" makes me giggle like an anime schoolgirl
    Wow that sounds pretty badass. And why doesn't Saber dissapear? I forgot how it went exactly, but didn't she gave Shirou Avalon and then fade away when it's all over or something?

Archer's VA is pretty cool, yeah, but I still dislike Shirou x Saber. Simply because Saber is a baka and not waifu material.

Weren't the guys before him not really Kings and he's the one that could be called a true "King"?
    I posted the Wiki link of the king's list.

Chelly
    Why would they not be?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/En-me-barage-si
    Enmebaragesi (Me-Baragesi, En-Men-Barage-Si, Enmebaragisi, fl. ca. 2500 BC) was a king of Kish, according to the Sumerian king list. The list states that he subdued Elam, reigned 900 years, and was captured single-handedly by Dumuzid "the fisherman" of Kuara, predecessor of Gilgamesh.
    Also not even the first king in the world. Other places had kings before Gilgamesh's time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient...0.932686_BC.29
    The Early Dynastic Period was approximately contemporary to the early Sumerian-Akkadian civilisation of Mesopotamia and of ancient Elam. The third-century BC Egyptian priest Manetho grouped the long line of pharaohs from Menes to his own time into 30 dynasties, a system still used today.[22] He chose to begin his official history with the king named "Meni" (or Menes in Greek) who was believed to have united the two kingdoms of Upper and Lower Egypt (around 3100 BC).[23]
    Gilgamesh is really only famous because of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_myth#Mythologies

The sixth king of Babylon was way more important because of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Hammurabi

tldr: Gilgamesh is overrated.
    Last edited by Chelly; 2014-03-12 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    I posted the Wiki link of the king's list.
    Some scholars theorize that those before Gilgamesh were just mythicized stories that later were written down as kings. People associated with Gilgamesh in the Epic of Gilgamesh have been proven to be real, so it's generally accepted that he was as well. It's in the paragraphs above the lists in the page you linked Yami.

Wow that sounds pretty badass. And why doesn't Saber dissapear? I forgot how it went exactly, but didn't she gave Shirou Avalon and then fade away when it's all over or something?

Archer's VA is pretty cool, yeah, but I still dislike Shirou x Saber. Simply because Saber is a baka and not waifu material.
    She doesn't disappear because she's Tohsaka's Servant in that scenario. Remember, Caster breaks Saber's contract with Shirou, and Tohsaka creates one with her after Archer breaks his with her. Avalon isn't ever discovered to be in Shirou in UBW, if my memory is correct. The only one it's every found and mentioned in is the Fate route, though it's still semi-present in the others because it's still in Shirou's body, even if Saber can't supply it with prana.

As it is, she disappears in both F/Z and F/SN because she is caught in the blast of Excalibur clashing with the Holy Grail.

Bah, she totally is, when she's not being stubborn and kingly. Tohsaka remains superior waifu material though, as do Sakura and Ilya.

Side-note, I love Sakura's VAs, not dubs. A line from the English dub always gets me, when Saber is first introduced to Sakura and Taiga: "You're not hiding more girls, are you senpai?" Sakura is definitely waifu material.

15+ Year Old Account
    okay so right now i'm having internet issues. sometimes pages load in a snap, and sometimes they are taking several minutes or just timing out. anyone have any ideas?

Deleted
    Such drama, much discuss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would they not be?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/En-me-barage-si

Also not even the first king in the world. Other places had kings before Gilgamesh's time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient...0.932686_BC.29

Gilgamesh is really only famous because of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_myth#Mythologies

The sixth king of Babylon was way more important because of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Hammurabi

tldr: Gilgamesh is overrated.
    Ah okay, got it wrong.

Gilgamesh is still incredibly important though in both literature and history.

- - - Updated - - -

Some scholars theorize that those before Gilgamesh were just mythicized stories that later were written down as kings. People associated with Gilgamesh in the Epic of Gilgamesh have been proven to be real, so it's generally accepted that he was as well. It's in the paragraphs above the lists in the page you linked Yami.
    Yeah, this is why. Exactly.

Deleted
    She doesn't disappear because she's Tohsaka's Servant in that scenario. Remember, Caster breaks Saber's contract with Shirou, and Tohsaka creates one with her after Archer breaks his with her. Avalon isn't ever discovered to be in Shirou in UBW, if my memory is correct. The only one it's every found and mentioned in is the Fate route, though it's still semi-present in the others because it's still in Shirou's body, even if Saber can't supply it with prana.

As it is, she disappears in both F/Z and F/SN because she is caught in the blast of Excalibur clashing with the Holy Grail.

Bah, she totally is, when she's not being stubborn and kingly. Tohsaka remains superior waifu material though, as do Sakura and Ilya.

Side-note, I love Sakura's VAs, not dubs. A line from the English dub always gets me, when Saber is first introduced to Sakura and Taiga: "You're not hiding more girls, are you senpai?" Sakura is definitely waifu material.
    Oh yeah I forgot about the fact that she's Tohsaka's servant. Are you sure they don't talk about Avalon in F/UBW? I'm pretty sure they knew at that point...

Well, I wouldn't really want a wife that only wants to kill/fight things. That's not... really romantic, either.

Sakura is best waifu. Tohsaka 2nd best waifu.
    Illya best girl.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    okay so right now i'm having internet issues. sometimes pages load in a snap, and sometimes they are taking several minutes or just timing out. anyone have any ideas?
    Get a 2nd motherboard.

Could the internet be being throttled? Who is your ISP?

15+ Year Old Account
    Get a 2nd motherboard.
    laptop. glwt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Run a speedtest at speedtest.net and post it here.

Oh yeah I forgot about the fact that she's Tohsaka's servant. Are you sure they don't talk about Avalon in F/UBW? I'm pretty sure they knew at that point...

Well, I wouldn't really want a wife that only wants to kill/fight things. That's not... really romantic, either.

Sakura is best waifu. Tohsaka 2nd best waifu.
    Illya best girl.
    Nah, Archer knows it's inside Shirou (and possibly himself as well), but nothing's ever done with it outside the Fate route. As it is, Saber only realizes he has it because of the whole thing with Gilgamesh.

She kinda changes after that. Her whole mindset for the War is to change the fate of Camelot; if she never becomes King, in her mind, nothing bad can ever happen to it. Shirou makes her realize that she did the best she could, and it was through the faults of others as well, not just her, that her kingdom fell to ruin.

It's kind of romantic, at least to me, because after all that, they got the whole "She is his sword, he is her sheath" thing. Also, Saber/Saber Alter in a maid outfit - yes. So much waifu material (as in Carnival Phantasm, Gil seems to like maid Saber Alter as well ).

Again, we must agree to disagree on the waifu order

I knew who Gilgamesh was! Some badass who collects treasures and weapons from all over the world (thanks Final Fantasy!). Pretty sure I researched him a bit after enjoying his character in various FFs and then knew about him in F/SN as a result. F/SN DOES explain his backstory, and the F/Z LNs were basically written specifically for people who had read the VN, so I think that's why they don't cover much about him in the prequel while they DO explain some of the F/Z exclusive servant's backgrounds.

The reason for his crazy power is a loophole of sorts. Owning the original of every weapon in the world being the massive loot whore he was, he can have a ton of noble phantasms which are pretty much the main thing that puts one servant above another.
    Last edited by Brincamian; 2014-03-12 at 07:24 PM.