Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only cuz South Jersians rock!

OT: Tutturu! Watched the latest Steins;Gate. I must say, fairly depressing material. ='(

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Wasn't a bad episode at all. Depressing due to the material.
    Thats good dont want a bad episode poping up

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Thats good dont want a bad episode poping up
    Good as ever, more development, and all that stuff. Just saddening.

Just watched the new steins gate and *Sadface*

It sounds like Steins;Gate gets a lot more serious than it is now. Seems a little unfortunate. I just started and got through episode 3 and I don't think I've laughed this hard at an anime for so long; the main character is just a hilarious paranoid schizophrenic along with his little entourage of psychos (although I get the idea it's not all in his head).

They did do their research though about the LHC and miniature black holes, although the translation I have is wrong: for some reason they're translating CERN as SERN. Oh well.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-06-29 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Unfortunately it sounds like Steins;Gate gets a lot more serious than it is now. I just started and got through episode 3 and I don't think I've laughed this hard at an anime for so long; the main character is just hilarious along with his little entourage of psychos. They did do their research though about the LHC, although the translation I have is wrong: for some reason they're translating CERN as SERN. Oh well.
    I won't spoil anything, all I'll say is, yes it gets serious at 12.
    Although, there are some creepy moments scattered into episodes occurring before 12 which builds up pretty great to what happens.

I thought it was supposed to be SERN.

And ya its a great series it covers all emotions lol

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    I thought it was supposed to be SERN.
    Nope, most definitely CERN. You can even see the "headquarters" picture they flashed in episode three in the background.

Nope, most definitely CERN. You can even see the "headquarters" picture they flashed in episode three in the background.
    Oh my, its a real company? O_O

It's not really a company. It's a European consortium of scientists involved in particle physics, with its headquarters in Switzerland. The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is the world's largest particle accelerator. Right now it's the main bet for discovering what's called the Higgs Boson particle which in our current theories imbues all the other particles with mass. If the LHC doesn't find it then there's some serious back-to-the-drawing-board work to do.

Well were screwed they have a time machine and are going to control the world

and the mini black holes experiments are real too...

look what i found

pic1 translation
    My wish is... ...to become Daru-kun's bride...
    But I have a lot of brides already, is that okay? Eh? It is?
    What's the super hacker dreaming about?
    He sure looks happy.

Pic 2
    Ohh, to think you have the same abilities as a mad scientist such as myself... why not become one of my lab members?
    I refuse.
    Don't mix up dreams and reality, PERVERT!
    Madoka-tan, this is in return for the valentine.
    I don't understand what the super hacker is thinking.
    What are you talking about?
    Last edited by Shishca; 2011-06-29 at 11:38 PM.

Without having watched the anime, CERN is most certainly real. :P

Did you miss all the "OMFG DOOMSDAY" in newspapers etc. when they were going to fire up LHC (Large Hadron Collider) for the first time?

While I don't think their experiments are going bring doomsday upon us, that thing could really cause some serious shit if something goes wrong. Still, it's some interesting stuff :P
    Last edited by Thes; 2011-06-30 at 02:50 PM.

Ga-rei zero was just added to streaming on Netflix. I skimmed and looked for others but didn't see any other noticeable new additions. I really wish their "new arrivals" for anime was actually updated more than once a year... I always have to look through the whole library or search for certain ones I have been waiting for every couple days : (

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Without having watched the anime, CERN is most certainly real. :P

Did you miss all the "OMFG DOOMSDAY" in newspapers etc. when they were going to fire up LHC (Large Hadron Collider) for the first time?

While I don't think their experiments are going bring doomsday upon us, that thing could really cause some serious shit if something goes wrong. Still, it's some interesting stuff :P
    I guess I did, I live under a rock. :<

Deleted
    Hey guys, do i need to watch Naruto first to get into Naruto Shippuden?

I've also watched:
    FMA
    Bleach
    Death Note
    Elfenlied

Am open to suggestions for other awesome animes under this categorie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursey View Post
    Hey guys, do i need to watch Naruto first to get into Naruto Shippuden?I've also watched:FMABleachDeath NoteElfenliedAm open to suggestions for other awesome animes under this categorie
    Yeah watching the original should probably be done first.As for the shows they're actually pretty varied category wise but try Code geass, Guyver, Berserk and maybe some Gundam.Also tell me WHAT you liked about those shows and I can help some more but most ofwhat I suggested SHOULD work. Guyver and Berserk cause of elfin lied plenty of blood and guts if that's what you fug about it and code geass cause of Death Note.But yeah tell me what you liked about em and I cam be if even better help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yeah watching the original should probably be done first.As for the shows they're actually pretty varied category wise but try Code geass, Guyver, Berserk and maybe some Gundam.Also tell me WHAT you liked about those shows and I can help some more but most ofwhat I suggested SHOULD work. Guyver and Berserk cause of elfin lied plenty of blood and guts if that's what you fug about it and code geass cause of Death Note.But yeah tell me what you liked about em and I cam be if even better help.
    Guyver sounds good to me and yeah the blood and guts is what im after really.
    Death Note was GOOD, but too much of that would get me bored in no time i think so i'm gonna check Guyver and Berserk first few episodes.
    Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, do i need to watch Naruto first to get into Naruto Shippuden?

I've also watched:
    FMA
    Bleach
    Death Note
    Elfenlied

Am open to suggestions for other awesome animes under this categorie
    If you want another long running series the likes of Naruto or Bleach, check out One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Soul Eater or Fairy Tail. Out of those One Piece is by far my favorite, it is also the longest running with over 500 episodes and still on going. Don't let that scare you off though. The way the series is set up is that each arc is pretty much a self contained story with a beginning middle and end. The arcs start off short or around 3-10 episodes, then start to get longer as the series goes on. There is an overall story, but to me the main draw of the series is the characters and their interactions.

---------- Post added 2011-06-30 at 05:57 PM ----------

Guyver sounds good to me and yeah the blood and guts is what im after really.
    Death Note was GOOD, but too much of that would get me bored in no time i think so i'm gonna check Guyver and Berserk first few episodes.
    Thanks
    Berserk kicks loads of ass, but be warned the series only covers a small part of the manga and is mainly a flashback. The first bit of the series shows the main character as an adult and then jumps back into the past. Confused the crap outa me the first time since I did not know it was based on a much longer series.