well...

She always looks so sad. :<

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    MOOKYUUN! MOKYUUN!

hahaha this video rocks
    one of the things that Eureka 7 has taught me is that Love>GAR

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagician View Post
    Am still in love with Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny great action but for a more romantic choice for me is Full Metal Panic! aaa Koname
    i would like SEED if they hadnt screwed up on alot of parts. Only thing i like in SEED is SEED Astray. AND I WISH THEY MAKE MORE FMP Anime!!!

Last edited by Shishca; 2011-08-09 at 06:04 PM.

Deleted
    Steins:Gate now out at Horriblesubs!
    Last edited by mmoc0ad294ce9c; 2011-08-09 at 07:07 PM.

I feel like a horrible person now. I laughed so hard when Okabed punched Moeka.

Deleted
    Well she did get what she deserved, so dont feel horrible.
    At any rate Okabe now does have the IBN5100 again, but i doubt it will help save Mayuri.
    So whats next? A hunt for that FB person? If he/she works for CERN itself, it will be quite a problem
    to locate him/her not to mention take the phone of him/her. Or might it actually be someone they already know?
    Damn to much new questions left, can't wait till next weak already =(

Sooo curious who FB is now.

This week was one heck of an episode. I felt really bad for Moeka more than anything; she seems less the enigmatic infiltrator and more a sad woman with nowhere else to go. Although her love affair with her phone makes more sense now. I just really hope this series endures to the end with this quality.

Spoiler: What had me wondering was the impeccable timing of the message sent from FB before Moeka killed herself. Makes me think the only way you could do that would be via D-mail, since you would know when somebody had killed themselves the next day. I'm also getting more and more scared that the theories of Kurisu getting killed are true; it seems too brutally perfect with how their relationship is developing.

By the way, I've noticed people wantonly quoting the spoilers from other people. You may want to <snip> those out because the "hidden" text shows up really clearly in the quote box.

What's the theory? I thought of a pretty brutal/sad one myself after today's episode.

SPOILERS: My theory was that, redoing the D -Mails won't work, and the only thing that will is to prevent Kurisu from coming to the lab, so then snapping from all the previous times leaps and stuff Okabe had to endure he sends a d-mail to kill Kurisu, wa la, episode one.

Yeah, your theory in one form or another is what I'm most afraid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I laughed so hard when Okabed punched Moeka.
    Spoiler: I think the reason why I found this episode so brutal is because Okabe acts under the assumption that his actions will be "erased" as soon as he can get the crucial D-mails off. It's obvious she's not mentally stable, and beyond stealing her phone (which is her lifeline to her "savior") he goes on to punch her, kick her, and forcibly subdue her in a position that is reminiscent of rape (not that he was trying to). Guess I'm just old-fashioned but I'm highly resistant to use physical methods against girls. So when that all backfired and the time shift didn't happen, she was just left a sobbing mess. I know she's part of the antagonist group, but I still couldn't help but feel bad for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Yeah, your theory in one form or another is what I'm most afraid of.
    I felt really sorry for her, too, but for some reason laughed out loud when Okabe punched her.

Spoilers:: I really hope that theory is incorrect, I love the idea of the two together, it would depress me greatly if Okabe does end up being the one who kills Kurisu. Then again -- assuming that is what happens, he sends D-Mail to fix what he did, only be stuck in an infinite loop.

well it definitely felt good she got what she deserved since that episode when he took her pistol i was like "fuck why okabe didnt shoot her" but yeah then i felt bad about it when i realized shes just a really sad/pathetic/miserable woman

I felt really sorry for her, too, but for some reason laughed out loud when Okabe punched her.
    ohhh gawd i think you just got there the truth behind the events on ep1 [s] im afraid that guess fits way too perfectly so only thing that may change that eternal loop its who is FB.

dunno about FB mails are weird cuz s/he got the perfect timming to save moeka but moeka was able to reply and got responses in real time even that its also possible using d-mails

This is my small big list of anime I have watched, by the way if there is a second season of the ones I listed, I already saw it.

Ai Yori Aoshi
    Air
    Akikan
    Amaenaideyo
    Angel Beats
    Astarotte no Omocha!
    B Gata H Kei
    Chobits
    Clannad
    Dance in the Vampire Bund
    DearS
    Elfen Lied
    Fortune Arterial
    Freezing
    Girls Bravo
    Hanasaku Iroha
    Hoshizora e Kakaru Hoshi
    Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
    itazura na kiss
    Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai
    Kampfer
    Kanon
    Kaichou wa maid sama!
    Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de
    Kimi ni Todoke
    Kissxsis
    Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
    Ladies vs Butlers!
    Love hina
    Naruto
    Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
    Nyan Koi!
    Oh My Goddess!
    Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!!
    Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
    Paradise Kiss
    Shuffle!
    Steins Gate
    Tengen Toppa-Gurren Lagan
    Tenjou Tenge
    To Love-Ru
    Tona-Gura
    ToraDora
    Yosuga no Sora
    Zero no Tsukaima

most of my list are romance/drama/slice of life anime, I wont give a full review of all because it will take me ages to do it, But from those that I have see there are few that watching them again will bring tears of both joy and sorrow to my eyes, If you want to see an anime that is not just a guy beating another or a girl semi-naked the whole series I recomend you the following:

Air
    Angel Beats (highly recommended)
    Kanon (2006)
    Clannad
    Clannad afterstory
    Chobits
    Shuffle!
    ToraDora

Elfen Lied, I recommend reading the manga instead of watching the anime, the manga has the complete story, while the anime is only a fragment of it, this is the only manga that made me bury my face on my pillow and cry like a little girl (and I'm 24yo dude that his friends have complained about been too cold hearted).

For movies there is only 1 I can recommend, one that everyone should watch and that is "Grave of the Fireflies"; this movie is a bit old but it is considered one of the best anti-war animated movies, been put in line with "Schindler's List"

Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post
    well it definitely felt good she got what she deserved since that episode when he took her pistol i was like "fuck why okabe didnt shoot her" but yeah then i felt bad about it when i realized shes just a really sad/pathetic/miserable woman
    This whole comment is gonna be a spoiler, lol.

Spoiler: I was reading online, some people think Kurisu might be FB, which would sort of make sense in line with the Okabe kills her theory, but, the only thing kind of making me think on that is how shocked Kurisu and honestly worried she was the first time Mayuri was killed. Also, why would she be helping Okabe out with trying to save Mayuri if that were the case? My second theory on who FB might be is, Kurisu's father, he was brought up earlier in the series where Kurisu mentioned he pretty much ignores her since she is more intelligent, that might of *only* been character development, but they kept bringing it up (seeing Kurisu cry about it in one of the earlier eps) and Okabe even told her he would visit him with her. I don't know if they can squeeze that into the anime in 5 eps, unless, of course, it was just a background for her character/establishing the relationship between Okabe and Kurisu, and I'm overthinking things..

Deleted
    This whole comment is gonna be a spoiler, lol.
    Thats actually a good guess on who FB might be...

Edit: Next weeks trailer
    Last edited by mmoc0ad294ce9c; 2011-08-10 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcano View Post
    most of my list are romance/drama/slice of life anime
    I think you're my polar opposite in the anime world. I've hardly seen the same anime as you and Steins;Gate is the only one I liked. That's kinda funny.

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 11:12 AM ----------

This whole comment is gonna be a spoiler, lol..
    Gee, I hope nobody else wants to talk about another anime in this thread because it's going to be a whole lot of blank spaces.

Spoiler: I think the theory that Kurisu=FB holds together well in some respects, but I don't know if I'd be very satisfied with it. I had the thought pass me except there's a couple of concerns I have:

1) Kurisu has been shot by Moeka. Now obviously Moeka doesn't know what FB looks like, but it would kinda be a major oversight on FB's part to order a raid on the lab and then forget to mention to not shoot the red head.
    2) It would require spectacular acting on Kurisu's part. While that's not entirely out of the question, unless the shift were more substantiated with subtle hints through the rest of the series it would be a huge 180º change but with little explanation.

So I think it's a good theory and definitely not out of the question, but it's not one that I'd be very impressed with unless they pull it off masterfully.

I think you're my polar opposite in the anime world. I've hardly seen the same anime as you and Steins;Gate is the only one I liked. That's kinda funny.
    I have seen several, other animes that are the opposite from the ones I watch now, but In the end I just enjoyed much more the one I watch now, the plot is usually deeper in an anime like Death note, Stein; Gate. but some anime Like Clannad (both seasons) and Air have a much deeper plot, than anything else I have seen, both have their romantic, sad, comic moments. and several episodes, made me just site there thinking about stuff I have done, and the way I have lived. I cant say the same for animes like naruto or DBZ. you should give it a try to those. If you want short to start watch Angel beats, I consider it a master piece, it contains everything an anime needs, comedy, romance, drama, slice of life, fighting, weapons, etc.

Gee, I hope nobody else wants to talk about another anime in this thread because it's going to be a whole lot of blank spaces.
    Steins; Gate is one of my favorite that I'm currently watching. so I'll giving my 2 cents on what is going on and might happen.
    Spoiler: FB, not really sure who or what is FB, but there are several things that changed from the original time line, but as Suzuha Amane, pointed in an episode Kurisu Makise never met Okabe and instead she worked with Sern, since Okabe saved her with a D-mail she befriends him and ends up helping them, my guess is that this FB is the person that is helping sern instead of Kurisu.

But all in all Okabe seems to be forgetting that he sent another D-mail that he has to undo, and that is the one that saved Kurisu.

I really cant wait for the development of the anime.

Now that preview makes me really curious.

Spoiler: Could Mr. Braun be FB? He was in that trailer quite a bit, and his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcano View Post
    I have seen several, other animes that are the opposite from the ones I watch now, but In the end I just enjoyed much more the one I watch now, the plot is usually deeper in an anime like Death note, Stein; Gate. but some anime Like Clannad (both seasons) and Air have a much deeper plot, than anything else I have seen, both have their romantic, sad, comic moments. and several episodes, made me just site there thinking about stuff I have done, and the way I have lived. I cant say the same for animes like naruto or DBZ. you should give it a try to those. If you want short to start watch Angel beats, I consider it a master piece, it contains everything an anime needs, comedy, romance, drama, slice of life, fighting, weapons, etc.
    I think you've somewhat misunderstood me. Steins;Gate was the only one on you list that I had both seen and enjoyed. Despite having seen plenty of shonen series (that list is a little outdated; missing Gosick, Bakamonogatari, Serial Experiments Lain, and Dennou Coil at least) they aren't my favorites. If you just look back one page you can see a mosaic of my top anime, and none of them are the standard action fare. My #1 show, Gunslinger Girl (top left picture), isn't even a true action series despite the label it receives.

In any case, all I meant to say was that I don't go for the slice-of-life/drama usually because I don't identify with the characters. You mention that it makes you think about your life, but they don't really have that impact on me because my life really hasn't been like those portrayed. I primarily watch anime for entertainment and only occasionally feel like I strike pay dirt with thoughtful series (again, see GSG).

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 02:40 PM ----------

Now that preview makes me really curious..
    I'm not going to watch it. I think this week's episode would have had a much larger impact on me if I hadn't watched the preview, so blindfold time!
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-08-11 at 04:52 AM.

alalalalalala [steins;gate spoiler]

Well I thought of that possibility with kurizu being FB but as someone pointed out before it doesnt seems like since FB is working with/for cern also not sure why but i have the sensation that FB/Cern can also trascend timelines(another reading steiner maybe?) and also if makizu were FB okabe would have been stopped before in his timelines since he always ends up telling kurizu what happening now the kurizu's father theory makes more sense since he's actually pro-time machine so its pretty easy that he is working for cern and following the steps on his daughter which will lead him to Okabe...now the problem is that Moeka said that she thinks FB is a women...

other hypothesis would require a definition of the Steins;gate timeline rules like if there may be someone in the future interfeering with okabe's present that would be the only way for okabe to be FB or maybe kurizu IMO

Diglett's theory 2.1.53.28 [Spoiler]->
    I was thinking about it and it makes not complete sense if okabe sends a mail to get kurizu killed and then has a change of heart to save her with another d-mail which leads me to an obvious choice....

Kurisu sends a d-mail to get herself killed so she can give Okabe a happy ending with Mayurii and when Okabe realizes this he doesnt accepts it and sends another to save her implying he will find the way to save both....
    Last edited by karloz1337; 2011-08-11 at 03:22 AM.