I laughed way too hard at this when I first saw it on my screen!

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post

The former so far is pretty great. Love the animation, especially the art style of the characters, those are done so well. I'm 8 episodes in and I'm fearing right now that this might go into a Cowboy Bepop thing, meaning that the anime won't have a main story during the whole thing and it's just the MC curing random people. Here's hoping that's not the case, otherwise I might drop it at some point unless it keeps me interested.
    Mushishi is completely episodic. What you've seen so far is exactly how it will be for the rest of the show. Just different problems obviously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Mushishi is completely episodic. What you've seen so far is exactly how it will be for the rest of the show. Just different problems obviously.
    That's lame then. If I get bored of it, then I'll most likely just drop it. Is season 2 like that too so far?

15+ Year Old Account
    That's lame then. If I get bored of it, then I'll most likely just drop it. Is season 2 like that too so far?
    Man, that's the appeal of the show. The entire point is Ginko going around helping people with their problems. There is no overarching plot to the whole thing. S2 isn't any different than S1.

Season 2 is exactly the same. And what Sesto said.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Man, that's the appeal of the show. The entire point is Ginko going around helping people with their problems. There is no overarching plot to the whole thing. S2 isn't any different than S1.
    Ya I dropped S2 I liked S1 better. I might pick it back up later when all the episodes are done airing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Season 2 is exactly the same. And what Sesto said.
    I'm no fan of that type of show... I'll keep watching the first season for now but I don't see myself picking up the second one if I finish the first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mekakucity Actors - AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. OH GOD THIS SHOW IS BRILLIANT.

BRILLIANT.

Fucking amazing holy shit. Everything is so finely woven together into an incredible story. All the characters are absolutely stunning.

Seeing the backstory of those two weaven so finely, and seeing it all interconnected with all the characters before they all join the gang is absolutely perfect. I can't believe he becomes her master over that. Now to figure out how she gets stuck in the virtual world and how he becomes a hikikomori. I'd assume it's because of her death, but if he was outside before that then wouldn't she have invited him to her gang and he would have met the others? Also how Kokonose gets so strange and lost.

And we're also getting some tie in with Kokonose and the two children and the rest of the characters with Kokonose and Ene knowing each other.

I feel like I should rewatch earlier episodes, did Ene remember who the two where that she faced before? I kind of want to check her facial expressions when she sees them for the first time in episode 1.

The teacher is also looking to be extremely important. Not only is he the teacher of Momo, but the teacher of Ene and Kokonose and the father of Ayano.

Also, it gives reason why Ene was so quick to betray Shintaro because she knew most of the people in the gang already.

Also holy shit the end credits. He gets to look exactly like his avatar. Does Ene become purely virtual as her virtual character, and Kokonose's virtual character becomes him in real life? That's amazing as hell.

And it looks like Ene loves Kokonose, that'll be pretty interesting later on.

So much happens in the credits though without any words spoken. Amazing direction there.

Oh fuck, he pretty much collapses and she doesn't even check. What the fuck.

This show is quite easily AOTS for me, and becoming one of my all time favorites. If it continues like this it could become number one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Ya I dropped S2 I liked S1 better.
    What? Every episode tells a different story; if you don't like one episode, it doesn't mean you won't like the next one, so I don't see why you would drop if you enjoyed the first season. The only real difference between the two seasons is animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    [video=youtube;a8H6W-B10Ek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8H6W-B10Ek[video]
    Need more animated best girl.

- - - Updated - - -

More on Mekakucity Actors - I just realized from the words in the preview that Ene most likely forgot about Kano and Kido because of Kido's powers. Now it feels to me like she knows no one that is currently in the gang. I wonder now why she gave Shintaro so easily up to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I just realized http://myanimelist.net/people/65/Mamoru_Miyano is one of my favorite VAs ever.

Taichi from Chihayafuru, Kida from Durarara, Berg-Katze from Gatchaman, Zange from InuBoku, Yogi from Karneval, Haruka from Mekakucity, and Okabe from Steins;Gate.

Fuckin 11/10.
    He's also that "asian" guy from FMA:B, Nobunaga from Nobunaga the Fool and Death the Kid from Soul Eater. He's definitely good.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    I laughed way too hard at this when I first saw it on my screen!
    That's hilarious

BRILLIANT.
    Fucking amazing holy shit.
    Don't get too excited now, or you're gonna have a heart attack. *pats*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    He's also that "asian" guy from FMA:B, Nobunaga from Nobunaga the Fool and Death the Kid from Soul Eater. He's definitely good.
    Scar?

Scar was so moe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu Oshino View Post
    Scar?
    Scar was so moe.
    http://myanimelist.net/character/3293/Ling_Yao

I liked Scar though, I thought he was a decent character.

BRILLIANT.

Fucking amazing holy shit. Everything is so finely woven together into an incredible story. All the characters are absolutely stunning.

Seeing the backstory of those two weaven so finely, and seeing it all interconnected with all the characters before they all join the gang is absolutely perfect. I can't believe he becomes her master over that. Now to figure out how she gets stuck in the virtual world and how he becomes a hikikomori. I'd assume it's because of her death, but if he was outside before that then wouldn't she have invited him to her gang and he would have met the others? Also how Kokonose gets so strange and lost.

And we're also getting some tie in with Kokonose and the two children and the rest of the characters with Kokonose and Ene knowing each other.

I feel like I should rewatch earlier episodes, did Ene remember who the two where that she faced before? I kind of want to check her facial expressions when she sees them for the first time in episode 1.

The teacher is also looking to be extremely important. Not only is he the teacher of Momo, but the teacher of Ene and Kokonose and the father of Ayano.

Also, it gives reason why Ene was so quick to betray Shintaro because she knew most of the people in the gang already.

Also holy shit the end credits. He gets to look exactly like his avatar. Does Ene become purely virtual as her virtual character, and Kokonose's virtual character becomes him in real life? That's amazing as hell.

And it looks like Ene loves Kokonose, that'll be pretty interesting later on.

So much happens in the credits though without any words spoken. Amazing direction there.

Oh fuck, he pretty much collapses and she doesn't even check. What the fuck.

This show is quite easily AOTS for me, and becoming one of my all time favorites. If it continues like this it could become number one.
    Just going by the OP I already knew the teacher was going to be important otherwise why show him there like the others? This is definatly going to be a show that is rewatch worthy because of all the inter-connectivity between episodes and characters. It's already probably going to take top spot for me, the only thing that is contending really closely is NGNL.

Also it was shown in the end that he falls asleep when it's just them there all the time so to her it's just oh he is sleeping again, I wouldn't have bothered to check as well probably given what she knew.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    http://myanimelist.net/character/3293/Ling_Yao

I liked Scar though, I thought he was a decent character.
    I forgot about him.

He was fucking amazing as Greed

Heading back to my gf's for the night and guna start watching Nisekoi any suggestions or such for starting to watch it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Heading back to my gf's for the night and guna start watching Nisekoi any suggestions or such for starting to watch it?
    Chitoge a shit.

Tsugumi best until Tachibana.

Tsugumi power;

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Skip every scene that has Chitoge (the blonde girl) in it. She is very annoying, so it'll improve your overall experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    nah the guy that becomes greed