your list lacks Code geass......untill it is changed, this thread holds nearly no meaning to me

Thats how great that anime is, if you think otherwise...well then.....then you are NOT cool
    ;P
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    @Vasti, i just replied to your pm before looking at the thread again, so.. just ignore the last sentence^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Wait, how can 16 episodes be long winded? I thought the story was told very succinctly
    Depends on the series ofcourse. When you've heard utter nonsense for 20 minutes, 20x16 is too much for one to bear.

Gunslinger Girl, brought me to tears however. What a strange anime that was. Totally did not expect to enjoy that one. Whereas Berserk brought pure and utter joy. A fine example of interesting and layered dialogue, mixed with utter human emotion. Pure brilliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    argh threads been updated while i was ahem banned, soo many anime listed i havent watched yet T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Senedra View Post
    argh threads been updated while i was ahem banned, soo many anime listed i havent watched yet T_T
    Fear not, all you have to do to catch up is goto gogoanime, start with .hack and end at _Summer. When you finish watching them all come back here. We'll be seeing you in a few months. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    Fear not, all you have to do to catch up is goto gogoanime, start with .hack and end at _Summer. When you finish watching them all come back here. We'll be seeing you in a few months. ^.^
    Hahaha, thats almost evil, althou it IS a good start...yeees a good start *scamps away jittering*

You've got quite a nice list. I'm planning on watching Welcome to the NHK, finish School Days, and the World God Only Knows. I just finished Higurashi Kai, and want to watch Kai Rei, the third season. MY MIND IS FULL OF FUU-- HIGURASHI. <3

So, some I'd recommend to take you away from deep/srs animes is Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. PSG for short. Be prepared for sex, crude, and lewd jokes. Tons of references, too. It's so controversial, and really you'll either laugh your heart out or hate it to death. Most of it is in this in this Powerpuff Girls style that's cartoon-y and fun, but it isn't some Saturday morning cartoon, trust me. If this aired, I would die from laughter.

It is also made by Studio Gainax, who have done Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan (TTGL), Evangelion, and FLCL.

"Brings whole new meaning to the term 'Panty Shot'".
    - Random YouTube user.

Edit: You mentioned Code Geass in the Lucky Star references, but I'm surprised this isn't on your list. If you like the mind-fuckery that comes from Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, then you'll really like Code Geass. That series is all about mind-fuckery.
    Last edited by Chaiko; 2010-12-31 at 09:15 AM.

Thank you to Mystyka for the signature!
    Chaiko | Arinnlea

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaiko View Post
    So, some I'd recommend to take you away from deep/srs animes is Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. PSG for short. Be prepared for sex, crude, and lewd jokes. Tons of references, too. It's so controversial, and really you'll either laugh your heart out or hate it to death. Most of it is in this in this Powerpuff Girls style that's cartoon-y and fun, but it isn't some Saturday morning cartoon, trust me. If this aired, I would die from laughter.
    I can't see this airing. To many swear words bold on screen. Gainex End was pure trolling, though.

Deleted
    We will only share Moe-Awesomeness. Mio-chan, don't cry!

[video=youtube;B6nn467hO-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6nn467hO-M[video]
    Not exactly moe, but win:

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte View Post
    I can't see this airing. To many swear words bold on screen. Gainex End was pure trolling, though.
    It's already finished airing in Japan and it wasnt even censored and i found it quite amusing.

gotta say, i loved school days when i first saw it a couple years back...still love it to this day and REALLY hope they come out with Cross Days for as an anime adaptation

Deleted
    Time to watch Onegai Teacher

Well Shiki just finished airing and well I was disappoint. It built up to such a potentially awesome ending but then....nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    Well Shiki just finished airing and well I was disappoint. It built up to such a potentially awesome ending but then....nothing.
    Nothing? didnt the pink haired one get run over by a truck? first torso then the head?....mind you other than the first ep i havnt watched it...waiting for a batch.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/plastkaze

What I reached during my years of watching, yesterday I formated my anime drive - will take sometime before I pick it up again I guess. ; o
    Thundercunts and stuff

aveweto
    sry if this has come up before but i just flew over the first 2 pages of replies and then stopped

have u seen the movie akira yet?

pretty old already but its called a "classic" for a reason

Deleted
    Really anyone who likes Action Anime's should watch Katanagatari. That anime was IMO the best anime of the year by a mile. Here's the official promo on it. It was released as a single 45m episode every month for 12 months. It was epic.

Seconding this. I've been watching it for a bit and so far it's been awesome.

Also, just 'cause:
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2011-01-01 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Seconding this. I've been watching it for a bit and so far it's been awesome.

Also, just 'cause:
    Pfft, I've easily watched 3-4 times more anime that that.

And Katanagatari is just the perfect mix of epic action, and deep dialogue. The 45m format really makes for great character development which isn't something you would expect from an anime where a new villain is introduced every episode. This isn't counting the art style which is like watching an animated version of a classic Japanese Screen painting.

You can imagine how hard it was to wait a month between each episode. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Simsons2 View Post
    Time to watch Onegai Teacher
    This has got to be one of my favorite anime. Don't know why but I relate to the main character oh so much.
    ...And that's why I had to kill daddy. He was giving the mouse a cookie!

Moon is sheep. Let it be written!

Deleted
    You can imagine how hard it was to wait a month between each episode. >.<
    Harder than waiting for the K-On movie? =/

I've also been slacking off on watching anime for easily 2 years by now. I just haven't really gotten into it due to Naruto leaving a nasty mark. It eventually hit the point where I just said "Fuck it" and stopped watching most anime-related things.