Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Question, did anybody saw Jormungand when it aired?

It was so good, but never seen any actual discussions on the site.
    Saw it when it aired. Felt it was really nice too. Some good fights, neat ways to turn around things, and funny moments (Although hearing the knife woman say a sentence in Finnish made me cringe :P). Quite the amazingly good ability to "wing it" they have.
    Hoping second season will be just as good.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new Koi to Senkyo was absolutely brilliant. I think this show might actually be my number one by the end of the season. The episode actually made me tear up. Makes me really want to play the VN now (if only I could find it anywhere).

Also, that Jinrui special. The ending was amazing.

Just coming out of exams and a vacation right after, ... such a backlog on anime and manga. Anything people would recommedn from the new season?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Just coming out of exams and a vacation right after, ... such a backlog on anime and manga. Anything people would recommedn from the new season?
    Tari Tari - Original anime about 3 girls and 2 guys that create a choir club. (Drama)

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita - Humanity has Declined (literally the name) and fairies are the new "humans". The MC is tasked with being an intermediate between the fairies and humans. (Comedy)

Oda Nobuna no Yabou - Japan civil war era, except all the generals are younger girls. (Action/Drama/Harem)

Binbougami-ga! - God of Misfortune comes down to take the fortune away from this girl with loads of it. (Comedy)

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate - MC runs for president of his mega-school that is in the form of a very influential government to keep his Food Club from disbanding. (Drama/Suspense/Harem)

Sword Art Online - Probably the most popular one this season. In the future a Virtual World MMORPG is created and the players get stuck in the world on a life or death quest to escape. (Drama/Action)

Kokoro Connect - Supernatural being messes with a group of friends (3 girls 2 guys) in various ways to test the limits of their friendship. (Drama/Suspense)

Those ones have to be my favorite, but I can't really say I like any more then the others as they are all great. If I had to choose though my top three would be Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, Oda Nobuna no Yabou, and Binbougami-ga.

The others that I enjoy enough to keep watching are: La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia, Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse, Kono Naka ni Hitori Imouto ga Iru!, Hagure Yuusha no Estetica, Joshiraku, and Campione! I'd even list all those up above because I am enjoying each one greatly, but I don't want to make the list be too big.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2012-09-22 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    The new Koi to Senkyo was absolutely brilliant. I think this show might actually be my number one by the end of the season. The episode actually made me tear up. Makes me really want to play the VN now (if only I could find it anywhere).

Also, that Jinrui special. The ending was amazing.

At first I thought Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate was pretty good, but from last weeks episode, I can't even take it seriously anymore. They're only in high school, and even if it's some super special school, the fact that there is a power struggle that results in people being hospitalized, and the fact that there are like ( I don't want to spoil but I don't know how to do the spoiler thing) spies and espionage. It just feels out of place for the setting
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post
    At first I thought Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate was pretty good, but from last weeks episode, I can't even take it seriously anymore. They're only in high school, and even if it's some super special school, the fact that there is a power struggle that results in people being hospitalized, and the fact that there are like ( I don't want to spoil but I don't know how to do the spoiler thing) spies and espionage. It just feels out of place for the setting
    Just imagine the school being far more then it really is. Almost it's own country (though that's probably way too big a word) where the school has absolute control over all 6-7000 of it's students.

I really like how they did it, I don't get how all schools have to be slice of life comedy, this really spins things up and makes it exciting.

Just imagine the school being far more then it really is. Almost it's own country (though that's probably way too big a word) where the school has absolute control over all 6-7000 of it's students.

I really like how they did it, I don't get how all schools have to be slice of life comedy, this really spins things up and makes it exciting.
    Eh, the show was fun beforehand with the out of place politics, but they just took it way too far these last couple episodes. At least it still has the love and character drama and that hnnng loli.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Eh, the show was fun beforehand with the out of place politics, but they just took it way too far these last couple episodes. At least it still has the love and character drama and that hnnng loli.
    It would have probably been solved a lot better as a two cour instead of one. I can't imagine how it's possible to take a VN and make it one cour without taking out loads more.

Decided I'm going to start watching Fairy Tail, I don't know why I've decided this and I am already having doubts because I've never really been in to shounen at all but I just am going to and I still don't know why.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2012-09-22 at 02:38 AM.

I can understand this, but if they did have absolute control, why would the students have it, and not a head teacher, or the Dean/Principal? I noted when Morishita disguised herself as a nurse and infiltrated the hospital, and that random student's like " I need you to come with me". I just thought that was completely unrealistic, a student telling a {what he thought was] an adult what to do.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

It would have probably been solved a lot better as a two cour instead of one. I can't imagine how it's possible to take a VN and make it one cour without taking out loads more.
    Cour? You mean like how Yosuga no Sora did the VN routes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cour? You mean like how Yosuga no Sora did the VN routes?
    No, no. Cour = one season's worth of episodes (12-13). Two cour would be 24-26 episodes.

---------- Post added 2012-09-22 at 02:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post
    I can understand this, but if they did have absolute control, why would the students have it, and not a head teacher, or the Dean/Principal? I noted when Morishita disguised herself as a nurse and infiltrated the hospital, and that random student's like " I need you to come with me". I just thought that was completely unrealistic, a student telling a {what he thought was] an adult what to do.
    The point of it is to flip it around, have the elected students be the ruling party. It explains earlier how even the teachers are chosen by the students, not the other way around.

Okay I got a friend to talk me out of watching Fairy Tail, I don't even know where the whim came from.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2012-09-22 at 02:57 AM.

No, no. Cour = one season's worth of episodes (12-13). Two cour would be 24-26 episodes.
    Oh. Well maybe, but it just feels like the show is suddenly taking itself way too seriously now that the school has things like a super secret spy squad that knows everything about everyone and is so intense that it caused a coma that had to be kept secret from the public with shady behind the scenes political dealings out the wazoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. Well maybe, but it just feels like the show is suddenly taking itself way too seriously now that the school has things like a super secret spy squad that knows everything about everyone and is so intense that it caused a coma that had to be kept secret from the public with shady behind the scenes political dealings out the wazoo.
    I do agree that if they meant to be serious they probably should have stayed so throughout the show, and it was slightly jarring going from slice of life to this in an episode or two.

Final episode of Tari Tari soon. ;_;

I'm willing to be there is going to be another season of Accel World at some point, I need more Ash Rider/Sky Raker in my life.

---------- Post added 2012-09-22 at 12:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    This one gets me every time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAxqr...feature=relmfu

Not as bad as this

bad end is etched into my brain :<

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I'm willing to be there is going to be another season of Accel World at some point, I need more Ash Rider/Sky Raker in my life.
    Probably. The ending sure hinted at it pretty well. They could have at least picked a better arc to end with than fighting that cunt Nomi for ten episodes.
    And it needs less naked fatass. And less fatass in general.

Okay I got a friend to talk me out of watching Fairy Tail, I don't even know where the whim came from.
    You should watch it! I find it pretty enjoyable. It's pretty funny, and overall just an enjoyable, nice show. I don't understand why so many people find the big 4 so bad lol. I've yet to watch Bleach because it's so long and I keep watching other series over it, but I've quite enjoyed Naruto/One Piece/Fairy Tail. They have their faults, One Piece being the least guilty of the 3, but I still like them. It almost seems like because so many other people constantly talk about how bad they think it is, other people feel compelled to feel the same way. And if they do end up giving it a chance, they're already biased towards it, and go in looking for every fault they can find. Not saying that's you, just in general. Though I guess if that type of show isn't someone's thing, it's not their thing.

On another note, my collection begins! First two volumes of Spice and Wolf arrived yesterday. When I opened the box I was pretty disappointed because they had the American covers, but after I took them off it was just the dust cover and the actual cover had the Japanese artwork. So that's cool of them. I don't like the American version's artwork, but still nice of them.

Last edited by Hemoglobin; 2012-09-22 at 05:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    You should watch it! I find it pretty enjoyable. It's pretty funny, and overall just an enjoyable, nice show. I don't understand why so many people find the big 4 so bad lol. I've yet to watch Bleach because it's so long and I keep watching other series over it, but I've quite enjoyed Naruto/One Piece/Fairy Tail. They have their faults, One Piece being the least guilty of the 3, but I still like them. Though I guess if that type of show isn't someone's thing, it's not their thing.
    I'm probably going to watch it when I am not burdened with Mists of Pandaria/school/premiering anime I look forward too/potentially joining the army. I don't think I could take a long running shounen with all that going on.

I have gotten to like 120 in One Piece and I do enjoy it even though each episode finds some way to piss me off (though in a way that makes me keep watching, normally a fight lasting so long it gets annoying).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    I've been enjoying Eureka Seven AO and Dakara H myself.

---------- Post added 2012-09-22 at 07:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    You should watch it! I find it pretty enjoyable. It's pretty funny, and overall just an enjoyable, nice show. I don't understand why so many people find the big 4 so bad lol. I've yet to watch Bleach because it's so long and I keep watching other series over it, but I've quite enjoyed Naruto/One Piece/Fairy Tail. They have their faults, One Piece being the least guilty of the 3, but I still like them. It almost seems like because so many other people constantly talk about how bad they think it is, other people feel compelled to feel the same way. And if they do end up giving it a chance, they're already biased towards it, and go in looking for every fault they can find. Not saying that's you, just in general. Though I guess if that type of show isn't someone's thing, it's not their thing.

On another note, my collection begins! First two volumes of Spice and Wolf arrived yesterday. When I opened the box I was pretty disappointed because they had the American covers, but after I took them off it was just the dust cover and the actual cover had the Japanese artwork. So that's cool of them. I don't like the American version's artwork, but still nice of them.

Grats have the six(both manga AND novels) currently out myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished Soul Eater last night, and I'm not sure what to think of it. I both love it and hate it. The voice acting was completely awesome especially when Asura woke Maka up from her unconsciousness by just squeezing her stomach into nothing , and the fact that Death the Kid is voiced by Miyano Mamoru just seals the deal. I loved all the characters, even though I just wanted to punch a certain holy sword in it's face. He was still awesome. The only thing that really made me hate it a bit is the ending, which I was told wasn't going to be that good, so my expectations weren't high at all. It still managed to disappoint me. Maka/Black Star/Kid can't put a scrath on Asura but suddenly Black Star can make clones and cut him open like a fish, without any explanation at all. Also, Maka's a weapon? That gave nothing to the story as she still got beaten up. It's not like she unlocked uber-powers and fucked him up, she just unlocked powers and got fucked up anyway. The hell? Apart from the ending I really enjoyed the show, though. Definitely worth watching and I'm going to slap my friend in the face for dropping it. It's cool, he was told by our raid leader to slap me because I wiped the raid twice on my first run, and he did. He slapped me so fucking hard my eyes got all watery and my cheek was red for the rest of the day. ._.

Now that I think about it, I had the same issue with Madoka. Although I didn't enjoy the middle part of the show as much, and the ending made me burn with the rage of a thousand suns. Maybe I should give Madoka a re-watch..
    Last edited by BHD; 2012-09-22 at 01:50 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

OMFG that grand canyon ending for Hagure Yuusha. It better have a second season damnit. Still was a good episode despite it being the last episode