Deleted
    Was a pretty good episode for Sakurasou, albeit with a bit sad ending.
    Looking forward to the next one as always, looks like it's going to take place at Sorata's home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    Man I really hope Aoyama and Sorata become a couple. I just feel bad for Aoyama.
    Yeah, I've been rooting for Aoyama. Sorata and Shiina together just bothers me, especially how Sorata acts to/around her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Was a pretty good episode for Sakurasou, albeit with a bit sad ending.
    Looking forward to the next one as always, looks like it's going to take place at Sorata's home.
    We better see a lot of his imouto.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Yeah, I've been rooting for Aoyama. Sorata and Shiina together just bothers me, especially how Sorata acts to/around her.

We better see a lot of his imouto.
    Welp, Sorata always acts odd when he's together with Shiina.
    And with Aoyama, it's the other way around, she acts odd when around him, lol.
    Still rooting for Aoyama cause Shiina is treated too much as a special snowflake~
    I'm guessing the episode is going to be filled to the brim with sisterly love, lol.
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2013-01-15 at 09:37 PM.

Deleted
    The way Sorata hugged Mashiro, the fact that 'his heart was about to stop' when he was informed Mashiro is gone missing, etc, they are already in love, but Mashiro just doesn't know how to deal with this, and Sorata believes that a relationship would trouble her career.

This episode was kinda confusing because of Jin, I didn't understand much. Just, what the fuck is that guy doing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worer View Post
    The way Sorata hugged Mashiro, the fact that 'his heart was about to stop' when he was informed Mashiro is gone missing, etc, they are already in love, but Mashiro just doesn't know how to deal with this, and Sorata believes that a relationship would trouble her career.

This episode was kinda confusing because of Jin, I didn't understand much. Just, what the fuck is that guy doing?
    Well it's obvious Sorata probably is going to end up with Mashiro, but we can hope, right?

I think Jin is behaving that way because he's still trying to cope with his inferiority complex. By studying really hard/getting into that education he wants to prove to his girl that he can achieve great things aswell. In other words, he wants to show her that he's da man.
    Personal thoughts on the subject, don't hate me if I'm wrong.™

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 12:33 AM ----------

Just watched Amnesia, and the only thing I can say about it is...
    Wut.
    Because I really have no idea what's going on lol.

Also saw Zettai Karen, it's very reminescent of Code Geass.
    Hyoubu Kyousuke = Lelouch.
    Hinomiya Andy = Suzaku.
    Yuugiri = Nunally (Maybe).
    Guess I'll check it out for now.
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2013-01-16 at 12:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Also saw Zettai Karen, it's very reminescent of Code Geass.
    Hyoubu Kyousuke = Lelouch.
    Hinomiya Andy = Suzaku.
    Yuugiri = Nunally (Maybe).
    Guess I'll check it out for now.
    Not only that, but Index too.

Hyoubu Kyousuke = Accelerator
    Hinomiya Andy = Touma
    Yuugiri = Index

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Ciel looks so much better now.

Shame it takes so long for Visual Novels to get translated, else I would wait for the new one to be released.
    Assuming the text doesn't change too much aside from the new route they're adding, I'd guess the amount of time needed to translate it would be quite a bit shorter. Probably still a long wait, but maybe not quite as long thanks to that.

I'm still enjoying the original one, either way. =)

Deleted
    Bit late on the new season, but have watched a few, with the rest of them downloaded but unwatched.

Maoyuu seems to be going well so far, i like it. Considering i read the manga aswell, i already know what will happen each episode, but seeing it animated and stuff really is nice.

Cuticle Detective Inaba is hilarious. Loved the first ep when he pretended to be asuza on the phone. Second ep did not disappoint me either.

Boku wa tomodachi NEXT, well, dat stalker mode! I crave Yozora x Sena yuri!

Sasami@ - Wait...what the heck did i just watch? I have no bloody idea, but i must keep watching!

Watching some other shows aswell like boku no imouto and ore no kanojo (seriously, how many animes do we have no that start with "my"?...), and they seem decent.

Now then, Commie... Did they stop subbing Shinsekai Yori or are they just extremely slow? Will have to switch sub at this pace because theyre way behind >.<

Also http://www.hlj.com/product/GSC96594 July is so far away...

Deleted
    Just go with UTW for SSY. I don't know why you'd choose Commie when UTW subs are available.

After I'm done with Jormungand, I think SSY is next on my list to watch (with intermissions of Kara no Kyoukai). I'm hoping it's as grandiose as it looks. Zetsuen no Tempest really tickles my fancy too. I hope there not too similar though.

Finished Kokoro Connect yesterday and fell in rabu with Inaba watching it. Dat husky giggle! Hnggh!

Also, I'm sure there are/will be plenty of doujin popping up with Sena x Yozora goodness soon enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Just go with UTW for SSY. I don't know why you'd choose Commie when UTW subs are available.
    Because i had totally forgotten they subbed it. But i guess i shall switch :P

That is a Jojo reference, isn't it?
    An unintended one if so. With a great looking figure like that, july is too far away anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Because i had totally forgotten they subbed it. But i guess i shall switch :P
    Ah, hehe! I check in on the anime page on MAL to see which groups have picked it up if the one I'm currently using isn't doing so great.

Also http://www.hlj.com/product/GSC96594 July is so far away...
    Also, suupaa kuuru ni paafekuto!

To a Western audience, Sasami@ seems completely insane, but there is actually method behind the madness. Albeit it still has a healthy bit of wackiness in it.

It's based around the Shinto religion and Amaterasu. The three girls names are based on the 3 Imperial Regalia of Japan. Kusanagi no TSURUGI (sword), Yata no KAGAMI (mirror/shield), and Yasakani no MagaTAMA (jewel). Although the roles of Tama and Kagami seem to be reversed as well. Since Tama is the "defensive shield" of the team in the anime, and Kagami is their offense.

It's also my personal speculation that Sasami's name may be some kind of wordplay on the name SuSAnoo no MIkoto. But I admit that's not based on very good evidence. Only that the role of brother and sister are reversed in the anime vs. the original legends of Amaterasu and Susanoo.

Amaterasu Omikami ... and the original name of her brother in legends -- Tsukuyomi. Represented in the story as Kamiomi Tsukuyomi, of course. One legend also tells the tale of Amaterasu getting angry at Tsukuyomi and refusing to look at his face again ... which may explain hiding the face constantly.

Shinto beliefs are such that gods reside in all things. So when Kamiomi gets "chocolate on the brain", my guess is the gods decided to try pleasing Amaterasu by all becoming chocolate or something. Hence why the world all turned to chocolate.

The name of the OP being Alteration probably alludes to either altering the original legends for this story, or that the 3 girls have to keep putting the world back from altered states. The ED of course is Shinto Atsu Symphony, which should be self-explanatory.

Deleted
    Well that casts a bit more light on sasami, but its still totally wierd

But i guess thats japan for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Ah, hehe! I check in on the anime page on MAL to see which groups have picked it up if the one I'm currently using isn't doing so great.
    I just tend to wait, because sooner or later they will continue it (most of the time) and im not that bothered about not seeing an anime fast enough. But in cases like this one, and Saki Achiga Hen, i will switch sub. And yes, this means im still waiting for the two last eps of Jormungand to be released by gg, despite others having subbed it :P

And damn you, now that "song" is in my head! Suupaa kuuru ni paafekuto! *hears the song*

Deleted
    @stellvia: That all sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing. The weirdness of the show doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just took it as SHAFT being SHAFT and I loved it so far as a result. Nice to hear about some possible method to inspire the madness though.

I just tend to wait, because sooner or later they will continue it (most of the time) and im not that bothered about not seeing an anime fast enough. But in cases like this one, and Saki Achiga Hen, i will switch sub. And yes, this means im still waiting for the two last eps of Jormungand to be released by gg, despite others having subbed it :P

And damn you, now that "song" is in my head! Suupaa kuuru ni paafekuto! *hears the song*
    Ah, I don't know how you could be so patient as to wait for a particular group to release their versions when the series have finished airing. Especially with the way Jormungand has built up! I've got 'Asenshi's eps. 23 & 24 for the last part of Perfect Order. I'll have to let you know if they're any good. I've liked gg's subs so far, but I need to see how Koko's plans pan out! >.<

Hehehe! I don't know what it is about that Nice 'song' phenomenon, but the good ones, despite still being ridiculous, are so catchy! This Haganai Maria vs Yozora one is my favourite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6csaNzY1Ftg

Deleted
    PV for last and upcoming movie of Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin.

I think most people don't care which group they get nowadays. Although the general consensus is to avoid Hadena if at all possible. And the whole liberal vs literal war of gg/commie vs UTW and the like is just BS if you ask me. A lot of the complaints I see leveled are actually good approximations for an imperfect dialogue that doesn't translate well to English.

Too many people mistakenly think that translation automatically means literally transliterating exactly what is said. When in reality, translation is giving the EQUIVALENT MEANING in the language being translated into. IE: Changing 2chan memes into 4chan memes, etc.

My favorite are the people that go "they're too liberal. people should already know what this means, they don't need to put it into English". That's right -- they get yelled at for ACTUALLY TRANSLATING SOMETHING instead of leaving it in the line un-translated. What?

Deleted
    I do think that people take the group vs group turd flinging fights weirdly far, but I do have a problem when Western meme-speak is used at a time when it is unnecessary. I get it when it is used in shows like Steins;Gate when it is clearly meant to be an adaptation of people actually using memes from 2chan etc, but when it feels like it is unnecessary in a part of the dialogue I find it to be too immersion-breaking. It breaks my focus on the show and I don't like that.

I know it makes sense to translate that way sometimes, but do it too often and I think its more detrimental than creatively enhancing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I think most people don't care which group they get nowadays. Although the general consensus is to avoid Hadena if at all possible. And the whole liberal vs literal war of gg/commie vs UTW and the like is just BS if you ask me. A lot of the complaints I see leveled are actually good approximations for an imperfect dialogue that doesn't translate well to English.

Too many people mistakenly think that translation automatically means literally transliterating exactly what is said. When in reality, translation is giving the EQUIVALENT MEANING in the language being translated into. IE: Changing 2chan memes into 4chan memes, etc.

My favorite are the people that go "they're too liberal. people should already know what this means, they don't need to put it into English". That's right -- they get yelled at for ACTUALLY TRANSLATING SOMETHING instead of leaving it in the line un-translated. What?
    The fansub war is indeed a bit silly, different tastes. Personally i find both liberal and literal ones good, depends on the show.
    In my case, it depends a lot on words and sentences. Like the third person talking characters tend to do at times i.e the older sister for some reason literarly saying "listen to your onee-chan" (for those who cant tell, i hate translating onee-chan, so i left that as it is =P). In that case i prefer to keep the third person talking, as i like emphasizing that theyre bloody speaking in third person as opposed to first person (because, hell, they do both). Im okay with making it first person, but i prefer third person.

As for the "too liberal" that can actually happen at times. But perhaps not the same way youre talking about. I mean the difference of translating someone saying "shut it" while pointing at the door into "shut the door" and translating it to "get in and shut the door". Yes, putting on unnecessary words that didnt bring the sentence anywhere :P
    Maybe not the best example, but you should get what i mean.

And Baiyn, it wasnt bad, but i prefered the nisemonogatari one :P

They are different flavors for your shows, its good that we get many different choices for different shows.
    There are different types of subs for different type of viewers. If I care a lot about the show, I usually get the best sub group available, even if I have to wait days-while for shows I feel like I am going to drop, I just go to the fastest subgroup.
    "Best" can often be subjective, though. As I said before, a lot of peoples gripes come down to ignorance of the language, or just wanting some weaboo hybrid script and saying everything else is "wrong".

I don't really care about whether or not honorifics and such are left untranslated or not, mostly because I still hear the characters say them. The only thing I really care about is a script that makes sense and doesn't have too many stupid mistakes. Commie's release of SSY kept wrecking my immersion in the story with some of the dumbest mistakes I've ever seen in a release, so I had to switch to UTW. (Commie was also really slow on it) Commie's Psycho-Pass releases are pretty darn good, though.

If the grammar's decent and the sentences aren't really awkward, then they can do whatever they want with everything else. I'll still hear the lines, after all.