Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I'm so disappointed there's so few romance shoujo-ai's/yuri. It's my favorite genre by a mile and what I just listed pretty much comprises everything it has to offer (at least from me trying to find more) that strictly focuses on the relationship between girls and isn't just straight up hentai. There's anime that kind of have shoujo-ai/yuri elements to them, but it's never the main focus. I think I'd kill someone for an anime adaptation of the manga Girl Friends lol. Btw, if you haven't read Girl Friends, READ IT NOW.
    You might want to watch Utena. In addition to being one of the great classics, it also executes girl's love in a satisfying manner. It's not strictly shoujo ai, it's more a case of everyone being omnisexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    The only redeeming character I can think of that he voiced other than in SSY is Lyon Vastia in Fairy Tail. Mainly because he isn't a crybaby and doesn't sound like the typical characters he does it all.
    I still hate the guy though.
    There's also this guy from Durarara!!

And Variation from Ixion Saga
    Last edited by Erihs; 2013-04-04 at 12:51 PM.

Deleted
    Can someone recommend an anime for me? I need a new one :P

Something along the lines of Macross frontier/Code geass/Full metal panic would be awesome

edit

LOL, should have read the OP Still any suggestions are welcome
    Last edited by mmoc24391763c2; 2013-04-04 at 12:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Can someone recommend an anime for me? I need a new one :P

Something along the lines of Macross frontier/Code geass/Full metal panic would be awesome
    Macross Zero? A nice prequel to entire Macross franchise, + it had a funny reference in Macross Frontier. I can pretty much recommend everything I rated 4 and higher from my anime-planet link in the signature other than that. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Erihs View Post
    You might want to watch Utena. In addition to being one of the great classics, it also executes girl's love in a satisfying manner. It's not strictly shoujo ai, it's more a case of everyone being omnisexual.
    I kinda could not get through Utena. Got lost halfway in, after that black rose thingy, and ended up never having resumed.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-04-04 at 12:56 PM.

Deleted
    There's also this guy from Durarara!!
    [IMG]http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/14/76250.jpg[IMG]

And Variation from Ixion Saga
    He did Variation? Seriously? :x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Macross Zero? A nice prequel to entire Macross franchise, + it had a funny reference in Macross Frontier. I can pretty much recommend everything I rated 4 and higher from my anime-planet link in the signature other than that. :P .
    Thx, will check it out

u should probably check out gundam 00 if u like the whole mecha stuff ;P also just as with caine every anime rated 4+ on my list is pretty much recomendable ;D

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    u should probably check out gundam 00 if u like the whole mecha stuff ;P also just as with caine every anime rated 4+ on my list is pretty much recomendable ;D
    Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny. Sure, 00 is a very nice series, beautiful and full of action, but SEED is on a whole different level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    Well mechas are awesome, but an awesome story line is also a big plus ( I love code geass because of that)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Well mechas are awesome, but an awesome story line is also a big plus ( I love code geass because of that)
    Then as I said, SEED and SEED Destiny. Old animation and stuff, but the story is on another level. Also, if you liked Code Geass for the story in particular watch Death Note. You will be surprised how similar it is despite many differences.

Deleted
    Then as I said, SEED and SEED Destiny. Old animation and stuff, but the story is on another level. Also, if you liked Code Geass for the story in particular watch Death Note. You will be surprised how similar it is despite many differences.
    Thx for the advice. I got a list with animes now So im busy for while

well seed has a HD remake and seed destiny is getting one as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    well seed has a HD remake and seed destiny is getting one as well
    Yeah, but no matter how the overall quality gets beefed up it's still dated in terms of design, animation etc. I mean, if we discard everything except the looks there is no way to make SEED be 1/3rd as good as 00 without recreating it from scratch.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-04-04 at 04:55 PM.

I actually have it downloaded already. When I was skimming through some of the episodes to get a sense of what it was like, I got the impression that the focus wasn't really on the relationship between girls and more on other aspects. Is that not the case? That combined with the fact it's a bit longer than what I usually watch and has a dated art style was a bit off putting. For me personally I prefer it when it solely focuses on the GL and doesn't have elements that distract from it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually have it downloaded already. When I was skimming through some of the episodes to get a sense of what it was like, I got the impression that the focus wasn't really on the relationship between girls and more on other aspects. Is that not the case? That combined with the fact it's a bit longer than what I usually watch and has a dated art style was a bit off putting. For me personally I prefer it when it solely focuses on the GL and doesn't have elements that distract from it.
    The girl's love is definitely not the main focus of the series. It's more a story where the MC just happens to be in a relationship with another woman. The plot itself is filled with utterly complex symbolism, so I won't even try to explain what it's about. I'll just say that on the surface it's a typical monster of the week kind of thing.

But as you said, there are very few anime solely about shoujo ai, so you might want to start looking for the second best thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished the final Durarara OVA since I held it off for some reason. (Probably because I didn't want to finish the series it was that good) Holy shit the "yuri twin sister incest" scene was great. Couples like that are the absolute best. Are there any other shows with couples like that where you have a scene like that where one of the girls is a complete badass protecting the other and there is a kiss like that afterwards? I couldn't stop squee-ing when it happened. This show is one of the few that needs a second season more than most.

Crime Edge - I'm not entirely sure what I just watched but I loved it. Hair fetish to the extreme. I kinda liked her hair longer. Also that butcher scene was great.

Now for the first of the three mecha anime, Majestic Prince.

Also, I've said this before, but what's with translators of LN's being so sporadic. I just want to read a LN but when I look up a translation this is what I see:

Volume 1 - Complete
    Volume 2 - 12% Complete
    Volume 3 - 84% Complete
    Volume 4 - Complete
    Volume 5 - 96% Complete
    Volume 6 - 8% Complete
    Volume 7 - Complete
    Volume 8 - 2% Complete

My god I just don't get it.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-04-04 at 07:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Also, I've said this before, but what's with translators of LN's being so sporadic. I just want to read a LN but when I look up a translation this is what I see:

Volume 1 - Complete
    Volume 2 - 12% Complete
    Volume 3 - 84% Complete
    Volume 4 - Complete
    Volume 5 - 96% Complete
    Volume 6 - 8% Complete
    Volume 7 - Complete
    Volume 8 - 2% Complete

My god I just don't get it.
    They just translate whichever volume they liked the most?

But really, the source of this problem is that usually different translators are working on different volumes. On Baka-Tsuki, for example, you can't work on a volume someone else already registered as being worked on - so if one translator is much faster than the other, or one of them abandons the job partway through and does not bother to inform anyone, this kind of discrepancy arises.
    I too enjoyed Kuttsukiboshi quite a bit. Caine, have you watched Candy Boy? It's an amazing shoujo-ai and has one of the sweetest relationships in any anime I've seen. It's in my top 5 anime and definitely my favorite girls love anime. Also, if you haven't seen them you'd probably like Sasameki Koto, Aoi Hana, and Strawberry Panic, too. All exceptional GL anime.
    Code:
    [SHiN-gx] Candy Boy - EX 01 [DVD][720x480 AR h.264 FLAC][A0F235E7].mkv	189 MiB
    [SHiN-gx] Candy Boy - EX 02 [DVD][720x480 AR h.264 FLAC][78959805].mkv	229.6 MiB
    [SHiN-gx] Candy Boy - Episode 00 [ONA][DVD][720x480 AR h.264 FLAC][1094F81D].mkv	229.3 MiB
    [SHiN-gx] Candy Boy - Episode 01 [DVD][720x480 AR h.264 FLAC][94C42547].mkv	231.6 MiB
    [SHiN-gx] Candy Boy - Episode 02 [DVD][720x480 AR h.264 FLAC][0D5B72CE].mkv	230 MiB
    [SHiN-gx] Candy Boy - Episode 03 [DVD][720x480 AR h.264 FLAC][E050DAF4].mkv	231.9 MiB
    [SHiN-gx] Candy Boy - Episode 04 [DVD][720x480 AR h.264 FLAC][4B39AACE].mkv	231.3 MiB
    [SHiN-gx] Candy Boy - Episode 05 [DVD][720x480 AR h.264 FLAC][C22A8CB7].mkv	231.8 MiB
    [SHiN-gx] Candy Boy - Episode 06 [DVD][720x480 AR h.264 FLAC][A97FC9A8].mkv	228.9 MiB
    [SHiN-gx] Candy Boy - Episode 07 [FINAL][DVD][720x480 AR h.264 FLAC][D29FCCCB].mkv	351.7 MiB
    What's the correct watch order? :P
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-04-04 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caine View Post
    Code:
    [shin-gx] candy boy - ex 01 [dvd][720x480 ar h.264 flac][a0f235e7].mkv	189 mib
    [shin-gx] candy boy - ex 02 [dvd][720x480 ar h.264 flac][78959805].mkv	229.6 mib
    [shin-gx] candy boy - episode 00 [ona][dvd][720x480 ar h.264 flac][1094f81d].mkv	229.3 mib
    [shin-gx] candy boy - episode 01 [dvd][720x480 ar h.264 flac][94c42547].mkv	231.6 mib
    [shin-gx] candy boy - episode 02 [dvd][720x480 ar h.264 flac][0d5b72ce].mkv	230 mib
    [shin-gx] candy boy - episode 03 [dvd][720x480 ar h.264 flac][e050daf4].mkv	231.9 mib
    [shin-gx] candy boy - episode 04 [dvd][720x480 ar h.264 flac][4b39aace].mkv	231.3 mib
    [shin-gx] candy boy - episode 05 [dvd][720x480 ar h.264 flac][c22a8cb7].mkv	231.8 mib
    [shin-gx] candy boy - episode 06 [dvd][720x480 ar h.264 flac][a97fc9a8].mkv	228.9 mib
    [shin-gx] candy boy - episode 07 [final][dvd][720x480 ar h.264 flac][d29fcccb].mkv	351.7 mib
    what's the correct watch order?
    ex1
    00-07
    ex2

Deleted
    ex1
    00-07
    ex2
    Thanks! :3

Dansai Bunri - Well that was certainly different. Hair fetish to the extreme. If I were that girl I wouldn't of invited him inside after catching him breathing against my window lol. Wasn't a great episode but I'll continue to watch it.

Majestic Prince - Damn does this show have some ugly character designs. Don't really like any of the characters as of yet, but the space battles were pretty awesome. Even if the plot continues to be not the best I'll keep watching it for those space battles alone.

Devil Survivor - Had no idea what this show was about and it's looking like it's going to be pretty damn good. Love the premise of being able to summon demons and have them fight for you. I'm curious to know what's going on with this supposed judgement day the lady from JPs was referring to.

Now just Photo Kana, Yahari, and Hataraku need to be subbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince lived up to my expectations so far.