Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Give Lawrence a season more and he won't have to fear petting her anywhere.
    Oh to be Lawrence lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Shingeki no kyojin - Potato girl best girl. Gotta love her smug face. http://i.imgur.com/KtUDorU.png
    She might seem like an adorable idiot but she becomes a badass I think. That scene made me laugh though, "You really don't know why humans eat potatoes?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Titan Ep 3 - Still hate MC. I suppose he's becoming a better character though. Give him 2-4 episodes and I think he'll be bearable. Freakin potato girl lol. She reminds me of another character who's kind of slow and clueless like her but I can't quite remember who. Either way, she was hilarious. Mikasa was her usual badass self. I'm really liking her character. I feel bad for her though, especially after her saying he's thinking they wont be separated now. She obviously cares more for him than he does for her.

I wish mc was like that blonde guy he was talking to that they walked out to that mountain top with. He didn't seem to be arrogant or whiny, but he still had the drive that Eren had to join the military/fight the titans. Albeit a bit less excessive. I think if Eren had been modeled after him it would be a much better show. Just make a kid version of him and perhaps keep some of Eren's qualities, but don't go full flown whiny/arrogant mc. He loses the extreme arrogance and most of his whininess, while still maintaining a character that's plausible for the scenario he's in. But oh well, it looks like mc wont be so bad in a few episodes anyways.

Times like this are when I hate the fact this is a currently airing show. I just wish I could marathon through all of it.
    Whiny teenage protaganists are the staple of Japanese mecha anime, and although this show doesn't have mechs that I am aware of, it's among the type. And yes, I really hate whining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    Whiny teenage protaganists are the staple of Japanese mecha anime, and although this show doesn't have mechs that I am aware of, it's among the type. And yes, I really hate whining.
    You'd be surprised how close to bullseye you are with that. ;D

The space-humans will come back to the Earth, acting as aggressors as they decide to subdue the Earth-humans instead of entering dialogue. The MC will be put in a hard situation as he has to decide who he goes with since the girl and other Earth-humans will have grown on him by then, and as the one-sided conflict ensues the aliens find the Earth and act as an unifying factor by killing everyone and everything. Well, at least that's what I expect to see.
    i actually expect if it happens that aliens fiend them first he fight 1 or 2 episodes and earth humans will be close to extinction due to it then the space human fleet arrives and rescues them also i kinda wanna see the city of the space humans and i would expect ledo and amy to go there at one point at least i hope ;P

on a side note the gundam 00 MC wasnt whiny neither was sagara souske from full metal panic ;X

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    It's like you have nothing to do Sam, isn't that like 3 animes in what, 5 days? :P
    Well I don't have much to do I guess plus depression killing me right now. So watching anime helps me a bit. I'll probably stop powering through series in about a week.

You'd be surprised how close to bullseye you are with that. ;D
    huh? Did you say that because I redundantly said Japanese mecha anime instead of just mecha anime? :S

Or is it because the show actually has mechs. : o

Deleted
    huh? Did you say that because I redundantly said Japanese mecha anime instead of just mecha anime? :S

Or is it because the show actually has mechs. : o
    If I get any clearer I will start spoiling at least a few episodes ahead(2, looking at this week's preview). ;P

If I get any clearer I will start spoiling at least a few episodes ahead(2, looking at this week's preview). ;P

Ohh right I think I know what you're talking about because I accidentally spoiled myself on TV tropes after watching the first two episodes.

big massive attack on titan spoiler do not click you have been warned: Are you talking about Eren, Mikasa, and maybe some others controlling Titans?

Deleted
    Ohh right I think I know what you're talking about because I accidentally spoiled myself on TV tropes after watching the first two episodes.

big massive attack on titan spoiler do not click you have been warned: Are you talking about Eren, Mikasa, and maybe some others controlling Titans?
    Yep. I know one could argue if they count as sort of mech, but organic mecha are nothing new after all. Evangelion anyone?

That makes a ton of mecha anime this season to think about it. MJP, Titan, Valvrave and Gargantia.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-04-21 at 10:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gargantia was sweet, as always, but some of the logic is questionable. They got mad at him for annihilating the pirates, sure. But getting him to not kill any of them is kinda stupid. Total annihilation is immoral, but killing a few to stop them from killing you is not. Once Ledo is gone, wtf are they going to do? Any pirates that are still there are going to fuck them up, and they won't be able to do anything about it.

Attack on Titan... not sure the MC had to be so pathetic. He looked pretty badass at the start of the episode, then quickly turned really pathetic. It looked overdone, I don't think there was a need to make him that pathetic. Hopefully he doesn't stay this way the entire time...

Henneko is hilarious again. The MC is awesome. Plus that ED.

Nyarko-san W That scene with old lady Nyarko had me in stitches.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-04-21 at 11:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Well I don't have much to do I guess plus depression killing me right now. So watching anime helps me a bit. I'll probably stop powering through series in about a week.
    Ah, sorry to hear that.
    Not feeling that well myself either, but I won't call it being depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Ah, sorry to hear that.
    Not feeling that well myself either, but I won't call it being depressed.
    Well I'm watching Psycho-Pass now. Kinda of an interesting story line so far. I have not encountered one so. Anyhow I hope you feel better

10+ Year Old Account
    Titan - MC isn't annoyingly whiny now at least. I absolutely love potato girl and the scene with the bread was absolutely amazing. I love how long she ran yet hated how she wasn't getting dinner. I had to laugh at how it was faulty, no matter how cliche it was. Can't wait to see some badass potato girl. I can just imagine a Titan stealing her bag of potatoes from her as she's fighting and she goes berserk.

Gargantia - Holy shit this anime, I love it so much. I ranted pages ago at how amazing the first two episodes were and they are still just amazing. I can understand the feeling they feel of "don't kill everyone, we are better than that" completely, and understand how he wouldn't understand that. I found it slightly funny how it was obvious they were killing some of them during the fight, though at least the pirates stood a fighting chance against them. I love how they thought they would just hand him over when he could destroy them in 3 seconds flat. I was watching with some others and we were yelling at the screen how we would hate if the pirate leader could get an edge on him and do something like dent his mech, and we were so happy when he lifted them up just like that and threw them around like that. It was truly an amazing thing to watch.

I doubt it will go back into space, at least in the first season (if there is another, which I really expect there will be based on what they could do with the world, and I really hope for since I absolutely adore the setting) but I do fully expect space to come to them. I can just imagine thousands of mechs descending to Earth trying to take it over and seeing the expressions of everyone living on Gargantia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Well I'm watching Psycho-Pass now. Kinda of an interesting story line so far. I have not encountered one so. Anyhow I hope you feel better
    Hehe thanks, feel a little better now after winning a few games in League.
    Should get to watching anime soon ~_~

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, finally finished Ouran Koukou Host Club. I thought it was entertaining enough, but the last few episodes made me love it. The characters are really well developed, though Tamaki pretty much makes the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    ordered CE of madoka movie 1 and 2
    now only to wait till the end of july
    they come with engish subs and aniplex is importing them so not gonna wait on an UK release to get them.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Been watching Clannad ( afterstory aswell ) , Lucky star , Chobits , Shuffle , Aria the scarlet ammo , HIghschool of the dead , Naruto ( some ) , Bleach ( some ) , One piece , fairy tail. and angel beats

Im very very new to anime and IM not sure what to watch next, could I have some suggestions please.

(( English dub is prefered :S ))

dub ? ;O as far as i am aware the only anime people would recomend with eng dub is BlackRockShooter and for recomendations overall as u have seen quite the big specturm of animes its kinda hard :P u should check signatures of most people in this thread and look at their 10/10 or 5/5 animes and read their summary or if u post us some genres we could recomend some more stuff ;P

also my all time favourite would be Full Metal Panic in my opinion a must watch but no idea if its eng dubbed or if if its any good just know the jpn is really good

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    avoid Clannad dub and this new SAO dub and you'll be fine.
    Dubs are the bain of existence.

i have heard german dub that was better then eng and that says something ;P monster rancher in eng is just horrible as an example and i think of all the eng dub i heard i thought the jpn one was alot better dammit those multi audio releases where i have to swap the dub every single episode ;D

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL