Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    I ended up watching Fate/Zero for the first time after reading the VN, it makes so many scenes so much more powerful, as you said.
    Fate/Zero is much better watched after the VNs. Fate/Zero gains a lot with VN experience while VNs lose a lot with Fate/Zero spoilers. ;P
    Oh, lastly... welcome to the "Waiting for F/HA" club. =D http://seiba.maidlab.jp/entrans/main.php
    It was going at an astonishing pace for a little bit a couple moths ago, and now it came to a halt again.

Ore imo- uhhhh i sense School days ending XD, but man when ayase cry made me die a little T.T
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, lastly... welcome to the "Waiting for F/HA" club. =D http://seiba.maidlab.jp/entrans/main.php
    I've been waiting for Commie to finish editing Fate/Apocrypha. Chapter 1 has been on 100% translated in editing for months now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    Ore imo- uhhhh i sense School days ending XD, but man when ayase cry made me die a little T.T
    no way in hell there's a school days ending xD

any 1 played Muv-Luv yet and can tell me why my install isnt working? ;< i already set my system locale to japanese as explained in the guide but i get some error message i cant read ;X

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    any 1 played Muv-Luv yet and can tell me why my install isnt working? ;< i already set my system locale to japanese as explained in the guide but i get some error message i cant read ;X
    Way to little information to do anything with it.

http://erogedownload.com/downloads/muv-luv/
    http://erogedownload.com/downloads/muv-luv-alternative/

Download these (second link is the third and final part of the VN series, first and second are together in the first game), install step-by-step as the instructions dictate, it will work.

Deleted
    Are visual novels really worth the time? I'm not a big fan of manga either, so could someone fill me in the good points of a VN?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Are visual novels really worth the time? I'm not a big fan of manga either, so could someone fill me in the good points of a VN?
    VN is a book with music, sound effects and visuals employed to assist the narrative. Not much else, if you don't enjoy reading books you will find a VN boring as well.

A lot of them are very long, so it's a big time investment. They pay off in a big way if you pick the right ones, though. Some of the plot twists are flat out impossible in anime form. When it comes down to it, it's just a book with pictures and (most of the time) voice acting, but I've immensely enjoyed most of the ones I've gone through. And like you, I can never get into manga. I think it's the fact that there's no proper narrative aside from the pictures.

If you're interested in checking any out, I personally think G-Senjou no Maou is a good beginner's one. Not too long, but also not too short, and is a very fun thriller. Ones like F/SN and Muv-Luv can be pretty intimidating to anyone just starting out with VNs, since the length is pretty crazy. G-Senjou even has a patch to remove the 18+ stuff if that's a problem for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I've been waiting for Commie to finish editing Fate/Apocrypha. Chapter 1 has been on 100% translated in editing for months now.
    Maybe it'll pick up after they finish Mahoutsukai no Yoru (also super excited for this!). It's been going at a decent pace, up to 48.22%
    Last edited by Brincamian; 2013-06-23 at 03:55 PM.

Shingeki is moving jokingly slow now. I read a bit ahead in the manga after the cliff hanger last week. I expected this weeks episode to encompass the rest of the battle but they split it in half. It took like 5 minutes to read that part of the manga... not sure how they managed to waste an entire episode on Eren punching himself in the face and then standing back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Way to little information to do anything with it.

http://erogedownload.com/downloads/muv-luv/
    http://erogedownload.com/downloads/muv-luv-alternative/

Download these (second link is the third and final part of the VN series, first and second are together in the first game), install step-by-step as the instructions dictate, it will work.
    i did exactly that downloaded muvluv set my pc location thingy to japanese restarted started the iso did install and get error message if u are able to read it i could post you a screenshot ;P

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Well, VN's are more like books than manga. They are usually from the first person perspective, and these days they are often voiced. Actually, VN's would work if there was only text, too (unlike manga, they wouldn't make a sense then), though the voices, BGM and pics you are shown help setting the mood.

Big bonus point for VNs: Most, if not all, have some way for you to interact with the story and choose your own ending.

Deleted
    Dat suisei no gargantia.. Awesome episode.. kinda expected the commander to be dead, but was still awesome!

gargantia...asdogholuisdfufgh, why? why do you only last 20 minutes...i wants more

amazing gargantia episode and its like we speculated last weak that the striker unit is actually working independet and the commander is just dead already ;X
    i hope this gets a 2nd season with what i can imagine how it ends next ep there still will be alot of potential in the universe left

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Nerawareta Gakuen.. watch this and your summer had a good start!

15+ Year Old Account
    This gargantia episode was good, but I still can't help but feel the series could have been better. It doesn't really understand what it wants to be. First it was about the whole clash of societies between the Gargantia people and the Galactic Alliance. Then it switched over to a SoL and Ledo finding a job (series apparently supposed to be about how going out in the world and to stop being a NEET or something). Then it went into the reveal of the Hideauze and what they really are Which was utter pointless because Ledo just says "okay" when Kugel (I guess the AI) says it doesn't matter. What the hell was the point of those two episodes then? Now it is back into the clash of societies.

I don't see how this is a message about young people going out into the world at all. It is all over the place, and the main message (help everybody vs strong serve the weak) is not very original.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I don't see how this is a message about young people going out into the world at all.
    A boy living in his bubble that considers all outside things as pointless slowly adapting to a new environment and gradually rejecting his old life with a few relapses in between? It's not all that hard and "help everybody vs strong serve the weak" isn't the message.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    A boy living in his bubble that considers all outside things as pointless slowly adapting to a new environment and gradually rejecting his old life with a few relapses in between? It's not all that hard and "help everybody vs strong serve the weak" isn't the message.
    It's not the message, but it is a primary theme. And it isn't original whatsoever.

And I'm not saying it needs to be original to be good either. It's just that Gargantia doesn't really improve upon the idea at all, it feels like any other series that also uses that theme.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-06-23 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    It's not the message, but it is a primary theme. And it isn't original whatsoever.

And I'm not saying it needs to be original to be good either. It's just that Gargantia doesn't really improve upon the idea at all, it feels like any other series that also uses that theme.
    No such thing as an original theme.