Magi episode again was quite good but soon the anime will have cought up with the manga so i hope they wont make an anime original ending that would totally suck ;X i prefer the wait 1 year for another season over anime original ends!

also does any 1 know a good site for anime mp3's? or is youtube still the best to load^^

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    He has been very reluctant to hurt her himself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    [VVV]

>Implying that A-Drei won't use her to relieve his gay frustration for erueruelfu

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QDQcoWYl.jpg[IMG]
    A-Drei x Rukino confirmed??

15+ Year Old Account
    Might actually go see the Madoka movie tomorrow. My dorm isn't too far from where it is playing. Only problem is that my time would probably be better spent studying for finals, seeing as I have finals Mon, Tues, and Wed this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Thanks a lot, love these interviews.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Might actually go see the Madoka movie tomorrow. My dorm isn't too far from where it is playing. Only problem is that my time would probably be better spent studying for finals, seeing as I have finals Mon, Tues, and Wed this week.
    Weak. You are weak. :[

Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    Thanks a lot, love these interviews.
    Reading it is pretty sad, Gen's portion that is. Especially this part here:

How do you feel about your work as screenplay writer, in creating the new continuation to Madoka Magica for Rebellion?

Urobuchi: It was hard. At this point in time the memories are distant, but I remember worrying a lot. Back during the TV series, Iwakami-san and Shinbou-san had this kind of, “Madoka Magica ought to be like this” vision going on. At this point, I really feel that Madoka Magica doesn’t just belong to me anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    That's probably what I'm going with.
    One thing about Baccano: you said you weren't really in the mood for light-hearted stuff, so I'll warn you that Baccano is surprisingly light-hearted despite its subject matter. It has its share of fairly dark scenes and a lot of its humour is making light of a dark situation, but then you have characters like Isaac and Miria. (/love)

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Reading it is pretty sad, Gen's portion that is. Especially this part here:

How do you feel about your work as screenplay writer, in creating the new continuation to Madoka Magica for Rebellion?

Urobuchi: It was hard. At this point in time the memories are distant, but I remember worrying a lot. Back during the TV series, Iwakami-san and Shinbou-san had this kind of, “Madoka Magica ought to be like this” vision going on. At this point, I really feel that Madoka Magica doesn’t just belong to me anymore.
    While I dislike seeing less involvement from him, I'm super happy with the direction they took the movie, so perhaps it was for the better in this case.

I just hope he isn't having a writer's block of some kind, and I hope he continues with the grim stories in the future. I enjoyed Gargantia, but I much prefer Gen when it's dark and gruesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Madoka Movie 3 - I'd call it a masterpiece. It blended insanely amazing animation, animation I've never experienced before that was so good it blew me away unlike anything else could, and a great GREAT story. The original show got an 8/10, the movies got a 9/10, and this is easily getting a 10/10 from me. Had a lot of talks about the symbolism in Madoka on the way back with some friends, and it's insane how much it takes from religion. I really love how Urobuchi did it so perfectly. Another friend even thinks it takes some from Alice in Wonderland, which I agree with. I'm in love with stories like this, and how Urobuchi did it starting with the original series and ending with Madoka being god and then going from the beginning of the third movie to Homura pretty much being the devil is amazing.

So my theories on it is when Homura grabbed Madoka and split her body into two she either destroyed "God" to create a perfect world where she could have Madoka for herself, OR she split them into two (like what was animated, though that could just mean she was ripping what was "God" about Madoka from her and making her a normal girl again) and now there are two "Madokas". The normal every-day-girl one that remembers nothing, and her as God. Homura might not even know this, but doesn't care as long as she can fully control Madoka.

What I think about the end where Homura says that even Madoka may be Homura's enemy in the end is that it slightly draws from religion in how an otherworldly being (god or devil) can control everything about or around a human except the person's soul. Homura wants to be completely controlling of Madoka, but as a devil/demon the one thing she still can't touch is Madoka's soul, her pure intentions and good doings that will one day turn Madoka away from Homura's obssessive controlling and evil intentions.

One thing I can't quite think an answer to is why only Sayaka talked to Homura and could see her when Homura was popping up in front of the girls with the table and cup of tea. Kyouko and Mami felt something, but didn't see or talk to her, when Sayaka saw and talked to Homura during that scene. It could just be symbolism, or is it because Sayaka yet again isn't supposed to be part of this world? Just like how Madoka "felt" she was something more near the end before Homura pulled her away from that, Sayaka could have something from being the "Right-Hand" of God. Since Sayaka came down with Charlotte in the beginning to help Madoka save Homura from her labyrinth they were with Madoka from the beginning and didn't exist in the world of Wraiths where the original series left off at. Which is why they remembered what happened and knew they were in a "dream" and had to save everyone. With that reasoning could be why she could talk to Homura during that stage, but that leaves the question to how Homura could do that to begin with and why. I guess she must have insane powers since she was able to rewrite the universe again to suit herself.

I'm also curious as to where Charlotte came from. I assume she's the Magical Girl that used to be Bebe the Witch. Is it just that Madoka decided to take her, since I assume in her "Heaven" she has all the past-present-and-future witches and all those that succumb to the Wraiths up there. Did she decide to take Charlotte for any reason other than her being the one that killed Mami? Was it redemption? And why did Charlotte take the form of Bebe in the Labyrinth? To deceive Homura?

Since Urobuchi is done with Madoka, since I assume he told the story he wanted to starting with the birth of God all the way to the fall and birth of the Devil, and he said his involvement in the series is over we can't expect anything more from him. I assume that if they do do another series like they want to he'll be creative input, just not the script-writer. I assume with everything they've thought up already since creating Madoka they have more than enough Urobuchi material to make many more seasons if they so wished. Though a second season leaves the question of the MC. The first season had Madoka as the MC, and the 3rd movie it was obviously Homura as the MC, I'd assume the new season would either have Sayaka as the MC since she has a lot more power and may remember who she is to defeat Homura, or Charlotte since the same is similar with her and the end of the show never had Homura talking with Charlotte so she may still remember everything. Or the two of them together.

Are they magical girls though still? I don't think I saw rings or anything on them in the classroom near the end, so I guess they are just ordinary girls other than Homura's devil powers, and Madoka/Sayaka/Charlotte's locked away/ripped away heavenly powers.

Other than that all I can really comment on is Bebe is adorable as fuck, I love the Sayaka/Kyouko pairing, the fight scenes were over the top god tier, and I've never seen anything so fluid in my life, and my favorite fight was the one between Homura and Mami.

Catching up on a few pages, that Mardock Scramble looked rather unusual. That gets to go on a list to keep my eyes out for. Also fast reading considering so much is blacked out...

And Hemo: Also again tossing out Trigun into the mix. As I said before the main character can be a doofus at times, but the show as a whole isn't a completely fluffy SoL/comedy that you're trying to avoid.

Another one I don't see on your list is Black Lagoon. Fair warning that it's pretty vulgar/violent/graphic at times, but credit where credit's due it's pretty good (although I don't plan on watching it again). It takes place in the South China Sea predominantly, centered on the Lagoon Company and their travails in the underworld.

It's also one of the few series I would recommend watching in English; I know that's often considered a crime here on these forums, but like Hellsing the whole show just makes so much more sense because they're supposed to be speaking English. As an example of a clip from the dub (and warning, plenty of F-words in it):

There's just no way to get across the American, Irish, and Chinese accents in any sort of sub. And the scene would have the same feel or humor about it at all. Although you do miss out on the absolutely ATROCIOUS Engrish Revy speaks at certain points in the sub.

AMV that has spoilers:

Edit: Also, Balalaika (the woman with the burns on her face) is in my opinion one of the best designed characters I've seen in anime. She is scarred in more than appearance, and is really quite a dark character for me because she's the sort of thing that could exist. This scene for me was deeply disturbing and hard to watch (the whole arc with the twins nearly did me in).
    Last edited by Neichus; 2013-12-09 at 07:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, almost forgot. Also got this at the screening. They taped them to the bottom of the seats only only 26 in the theater and I was lucky enough to be one of them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2000.15.00.jpg

Also because one of my favorite artists. Perfect timing for art with the 3rd movie!

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=39953838

So it seems if a second season of Madoka Magica happens Urobuchi would personally hand-pick the new writer (probably a senior in creating the show to begin with), and may not even leave the production of the show entirely, just hand off the script writing. Doesn't seem so bad now.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-12-09 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    And Hemo
    I might give those two a few episodes to see what I think of them. I'm 3 episodes into Bacanno atm, and while I don't dislike it, I can't say it's that great either.

And I found out I was wrong about my theater adding more days to Madoka being in theaters. I am now sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Madoka Movie 3 - I'd call it a masterpiece.
    I don't think there are multiple worlds or multiple Madokas, when Madoka first rewrote the universe she simply overwrote the previous one. Homura wasn't powerful enough to rewrite it again herself, she stole Madoka's powers and used them to change everything in the same way Madoka did in the first place. That was just a theory of mine at first, but the interviews linked a bit further up in this thread confirm that. They also show that Gen's script had Homura leaving with Madoka at the end for a happy ending, and that Akiyuki and the rest of the production staff said they couldn't conclude it like that because they want a chance for a continuation. Really cool interviews, if you haven't read them yet. Madoka still has her powers, she just has rewritten memories which has sealed them away, much like the inside of Homura's labyrinth.

About Sayaka, I think your theory is right. She didn't exist in the previous world, so she wasn't completely overwritten when she was pulled into Homura's new world. Homura said something like "I only took Madoka from the law of the cycle, but I guess that ended up getting you involved as well". Can't remember the exact line anymore. Homura also told her that she'd have trouble remembering those things when new, falsified memories are pouring into her head.

As for Bebe/Charlotte, Momoe Nagisa is apparently her name as a human, while Charlotte was her "witch name". None of the characters knew that, though, so they called her Bebe. All of the previous witches/magical girls are up with Madoka, and all of them were called into Homura's labyrinth without tipping Kyubey off, so that they could have enough power to break out of the labyrinth. Charlotte/Bebe was just the most recognizable one for fans, and the pairing of her with Mami is hilariously awesome, so I'm guessing that's why they gave her so much screentime. (plus the fact that them sneaking all the former witches in was a secret up until the very end)

I'm just as in the dark about your last point. I'd guess she rewrote them without their powers to make them easier to contain, but there's no way she could've rewritten Madoka and her entourage since they existed outside of the universe. Something like that, I think.

And you are so right, the Homura Mami fight was so incredible. They've been close to coming to blows so many times throughout the series, so it's about time. And that animation... I've never seen a fight scene that's so fast and fluid. I like the animation they have for the witches, but it's somewhat clunky for action scenes, so when it's two normally animated magical girls it becomes pretty damn amazing.

Deleted
    No ERABE! ?

That aside, nyanpasu 4 ever.

Now waiting for S;G movie with subs. 1080p or no deal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Now waiting for S;G movie with subs. 1080p or no deal
    This ^.

BD doesn't come out for another 4 days though, so a bit of a wait considering we will also have to wait for a decent group to sub it.

Deleted
    This ^.

BD doesn't come out for another 4 days though, so a bit of a wait considering we will also have to wait for a decent group to sub it.
    well, seeing that my BDay is on the 15th, I'll see this at BDay present. Also, good things ARE worth waiting for

EDIT:
    My little fleet can't be this cute: Takao! *tears up* +9000 bro-points for this magnificent cruiser. And Iona is definitely evolving as well. About that Revalation with Maya: Holy fekkin shit. Kongou is gonna go into bastshit crazy mode any minute now.
    Last edited by mmoc30052307fd; 2013-12-09 at 11:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Non Non Biyori - My god. This episode was phenomenal. Candy Store and Renge are definitely the two best girls. And that sunrise, jesus.

This episode definitely pushed it up to my top 5 of the season. Possibly even AOTS.

Ars Nova - Best girl is dead. 2nd time this has happened this season. Fuck. Though I do have to say, the CGI during that scene was beautiful. Wasn't really a big fan of it before but it was great this episode.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-12-10 at 01:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh good god. Samurai Flamenco is a deconstruction. That opening of the newest episode was too much for me. I'm almost crying.