15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Curious if there would be any interest in a Clannad + After Story group rewatch. I've been wanting to rewatch it for a while now, but never really had the motivation. I think if we did a group rewatch that would be cool. Watch a few episodes every week with a discussion
    When I first started posting in the thread I remember we tried to do a group watch of Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, and it ended in failure as most just watched the entire thing or forgot about it.

Though if it actually works it'd be cool. I'd participate if the episode amount per week wasn't that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    cant be arsed..
    Man, you're like in a constant state of "meh".

So here's the poll. Everyone please vote. The more people that vote, the more useful the results are. I'll leave it up for 3 days to make sure everyone gets the chance to vote.

Anime Chat Thread's Favorite Anime Poll

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it once before, but not many people seemed interested. This was quite a while ago though, and we had a lot less people then. The show that was being watched didn't have the wide appeal that a show like Clannad does, either.

But yeah, I think a group rewatch would be pretty cool. Maybe set it at 3 - 4 episodes a week. Not too much that it's overwhelming for some people, and not too little that it takes forever to finish.
    3-4 sounds good.

I would also do say Sunday-Thursday to watch the episodes, then Friday-Saturday to discuss them before the next batch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    When I first started posting in the thread I remember we tried to do a group watch of Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, and it ended in failure as most just watched the entire thing or forgot about it.

Though if it actually works it'd be cool. I'd participate if the episode amount per week wasn't that much.

Oh I remember that.

We have to have people have the willpower not to marathon it though.

It'll probably be a lot easier since most watch shows as they are airing here now.

Yeah, the first rewatch didn't go well. We had a lot less people though, and while Tasogare is a fantastic show, it's not as interesting to most people.

The guy doesn't enjoy anything lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the first rewatch didn't go well. We had a lot less people though, and while Tasogare is a fantastic show, it's not as interesting to most people.
    Clannad would work much better as a group watch.

Another one I think would work extremely well would be Code Geass.

Oh, you. 10

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    3-4 sounds good.

I would also do say Sunday-Thursday to watch the episodes, then Friday-Saturday to discuss them before the next batch.
    That sounds good. Wondering when we should start.

Oh I remember that.

We have to have people have the willpower not to marathon it though.

It'll probably be a lot easier since most watch shows as they are airing here now.
    That and most people have already seen it, so they'll be less inclined to blitz through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious if there would be any interest in a Clannad + After Story group rewatch. I've been wanting to rewatch it for a while now, but never really had the motivation. I think if we did a group rewatch that would be cool. Watch a few episodes every week with a discussion
    Oh god please my kokoro can only take so much again...

7/20/2014 16:16:55 Kill le Kill (mako is my anime wife! ), Sword Art Online (kirito and asuna are so cuteeeee~) and No Game no Life (so unique and exciting@!!! bst anime evar!! ^_^)
    7/20/2014 16:17:56 Boku No Pico
    7/20/2014 22:40:00 bleach is my favorit anime lol ))) i also like death note light is my husbando also attack on titan is prty gr8 much better than game of thrones copycat thanks for listenin! xXx
    No.

10characters

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Oh god please my kokoro can only take so much again...
    You're required to participate, your feeble kokoro not withstanding.

So here's the poll. Everyone please vote. The more people that vote, the more useful the results are. I'll leave it up for 3 days to make sure everyone gets the chance to vote.

Anime Chat Thread's Favorite Anime Poll
    kind of curious how you feel about me that never votes in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    If you don't want to vote, you don't want to vote. Nothing I can really do about that.

- - - Updated - - -

So what do you guys think for this schedule?

Clannad + Clannad: After Story Group Rewatch

- 4 episodes a week
    - Sunday - Thursday will be the days you have to watch the weekly episodes
    - Friday and Saturday will be the days that that week's episodes will be discussed.

When do you think we should actually start the rewatch?

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    thats because we cant handle #thetasteofbals

- - - Updated - - -

So what do you guys think for this schedule?

- 4 episodes a week
    - Friday and Saturday will be the days that that week's episodes will be discussed.

I haven't even watched it to begin with, and that's a horribly slow pace for me. I'll probably watch it the week before you guys start though so I at least know whats going on

10+ Year Old Account

- 4 episodes a week

I'd say give it a week.

Let people know and we could start on the 27th.

Rules are we aren't allowed to discuss anything about it until Friday, so if people want to keep it fresh in their minds then they can watch them all on Thursday or early enough Friday, or they can space them out a bit. For most of us this would be a refresher but for some it could be their first watch. Want to keep the excitement real. :3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I haven't even watched it to begin with, and that's a horribly slow pace for me. I'll probably watch it the week before you guys start though so I at least know whats going on
    Noo, it's 4x faster than current airing, and watching it while we all watch it is the entire point.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're required to participate, your feeble kokoro not withstanding.

Well you can always participate in the discussion even if you end up marathoning the show. I think 4 episodes is a good number for getting the most people to participate, while still having a decent amount of episodes each week.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say give it a week.

Let people know and we could start on the 27th.

Rules are we aren't allowed to discuss anything about it until Friday, so if people want to keep it fresh in their minds then they can watch them all on Thursday or early enough Friday, or they can space them out a bit. For most of us this would be a refresher but for some it could be their first watch. Want to keep the excitement real. :3
    Sounds good. I'll advertise it throughout the week. Hopefully we get a fair number of people participating.

Noo, it's 4x faster than current airing, and watching it while we all watch it is the entire point.
    For a 24 episode show like Clannad, I will usually finish that within a week (for a non airing show of course). The longer I spread it out the more chance I have of not finishing it (I have 3-4 shows I started months/close to a year ago and am stuck in the middle). While it's a rewatch for you guys I haven't seen it before, so the slow pace would make me lose interest

- - - Updated - - -

Well you can always participate in the discussion even if you end up marathoning the show. I think 4 episodes is a good number for getting the most people to participate, while still having a decent amount of episodes each week.
    Yeah that's what I mean, I would still participate I would just have already watched the whole thing. I'd keep it relevant to just those episodes obviously, but I wouldn't be able to do 4 episodes a week.

If you don't want to vote, you don't want to vote. Nothing I can really do about that.
    Just can't pick out a couple top ones because I have so many I love rewatching certain parts of them

15+ Year Old Account
    With work, airing shows, and non-airing shows I'm watching, any more would be bad for me, lol. Especially since this would be the 3rd time I watch it.

Anyway, I sorta feel like splitting up it into arcs would be better than just a set 4 episodes. Not to say we need to watch an entire arc in a week, but if the episode thing results in us ending on an episode right before the finale of the arc, then the discussion might be a bit weird.

Or, to use another example, the 4 episodes of the week being the finale of arc A and 3 episodes of arc B. Which just results in the discussion being split again.

10+ Year Old Account
    With work, airing shows, and non-airing shows I'm watching, any more would be bad for me, lol. Especially since this would be the 3rd time I watch it.

Anyway, I sorta feel like splitting up it into arcs would be better than just a set 4 episodes. Not to say we need to watch an entire arc in a week, but if the episode thing results in us ending on an episode right before the finale of the arc, then the discussion might be a bit weird.

Or, to use another example, the 4 episodes of the week being the finale of arc A and 3 episodes of arc B. Which just results in the discussion being split again.
    People who've already seen it not participating could still take part in all the discussions.

I think it might be really hard to split it up like that. It wouldn't be that awkward discussing the end of one arc and the beginning of another.

That's a good point. We can work it out so that each week doesn't end awkwardly.

- - - Updated - - -

People who've already seen it not participating could still take part in all the discussions.

I think it might be really hard to split it up like that. It wouldn't be that awkward discussing the end of one arc and the beginning of another.
    I think so long as the week doesn't end right before a big event it's fine. Going an episode or two into a new arc shouldn't be an issue like you said.