Poll: Best Rogue Dps Spec in the clysm?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Well the ramp up fine would be just fine if it didn't reset if you hit a new mob.
    I think having it reset on a new mob is intended game mechanic, which means a more likely option would be to address the ramp up time.

at least i assume this is why they put in hte reset mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Omikron View Post
    No matter what the "best" spec turns out to be, I'm gonna be sticking with combat.
    I'm with you there 100% I enjoy combat always have.

Quote Originally Posted by devinedragoon View Post
    I'm with you there 100% I enjoy combat always have.
    while i dont really care, i am curious personally. why this line of thinking? i shared it on my enh shaman for a long time, and i was punished for it both ingame and on forums like these, stating how i was being stupid, useless and unhelpful.

assuming there is a noticeable enough dps difference, would you really stay combat if it meant doing truly subpar damage?

Quote Originally Posted by AedanWolfe View Post
    while i dont really care, i am curious personally. why this line of thinking? i shared it on my enh shaman for a long time, and i was punished for it both ingame and on forums like these, stating how i was being stupid, useless and unhelpful.

assuming there is a noticeable enough dps difference, would you really stay combat if it meant doing truly subpar damage?
    Some people play this game for many different reasons. Some for achievements and the social aspect, others for hardcore raiding and min/maxing. If said person was in a Progression guild and was raiding with a "Subpar" damage spec they would be dropped and replaced.

OT: I think Assassination will be ahead for the first tier or so of gear. Remember at the beginning on WOTLK when double Webbed deaths were the thing to have? I'm sure combat will catch up and it always has but for this first round of gear be lookin for those daggers.

voted Assa, but hoping Combat

Quote Originally Posted by AedanWolfe View Post
    take two points out of deadened and put it in murderous intent. for the assassination spec, assassination gets one point to play with that is pretty much choice, everything else is good though.
    No one uses backstab.
    Laugh people, laugh as I close the curtains.

Going to be mutilate through and through, combat for those "cleave" fights.

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 08:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Monorobot View Post
    No one uses backstab.
    excuse me? backstab is the combo point generator of choice once MI kicks in.
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

Quote Originally Posted by Thadeus View Post
    Some people play this game for many different reasons. Some for achievements and the social aspect, others for hardcore raiding and min/maxing. If said person was in a Progression guild and was raiding with a "Subpar" damage spec they would be dropped and replaced.

OT: I think Assassination will be ahead for the first tier or so of gear. Remember at the beginning on WOTLK when double Webbed deaths were the thing to have? I'm sure combat will catch up and it always has but for this first round of gear be lookin for those daggers.
    Combat caught up because it kept getting buffed (or in some instances other specs got nerfed). There is absolutely nothing about combat with now that will make it scale better than mut. In fact I would say the lack of real weapons and a crappy mastery will cause mut to further increase its lead if left as it is now.

Right now I would say assassination is a clear winner. Combat isn't necessarily dead, but it will depend on if the 3% dps difference on paper stays 3% in practice.

No one uses backstab.
    /lol

Quote Originally Posted by Instinctz View Post
    Going to be mutilate through and through, combat for those "cleave" fights.

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 08:46 AM ----------

excuse me? backstab is the combo point generator of choice once MI kicks in.

Well I've never put thought into using it.. Seemed useless.
    Laugh people, laugh as I close the curtains.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one uses backstab.
    My oh my.

OT: It's sad, my rogue was born Combat, but I'll be going Assass for 85. I was doing Stonecore yesterday and I got kicked because 5k in a leveling spec is apparently detrimentally low. -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)