Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    On beta right now I'd say feral druids. They do insane damage and are impossible to get away from.

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 12:24 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by talreno View Post
    this has got to be the most ridiculous topic.

    lets hear all the QQ from everyone since no matter what class you play, you always think every other class is overpowered

    ok go
    I play a druid, and I voted for druids..

    feral druids though. I play resto.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Yes, yes, you couldn't sap them if they used Lichborne, but that didn't always happen now did it?

    FYI, in S5, you didn't start at 0 rating, you started at 1500 like in TBC. Even if you couldn't sap the DK, bursting the pali then CLoS+Vanishing was the way RM dominated pali/DK.
    While most in your post you are completely off, you are right with saying a Mage+Rogue would kill the paladin. However, before achieving this they where forced to use most if not all of their cooldowns. The DK was able to solo the Rogue and Mage cause they ran out of cooldowns, not to mention he could turn the dead Paladin into a ghoul which was stronger than alot of other dps classes at that time.

  3. #43
    Old God Swizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    10,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    While most in your post you are completely off, you are right with saying a Mage+Rogue would kill the paladin. However, before achieving this they where forced to use most if not all of their cooldowns. The DK was able to solo the Rogue and Mage cause they ran out of cooldowns, not to mention he could turn the dead Paladin into a ghoul which was stronger than alot of other dps classes at that time.
    Arcane Mage and Mut Rogue could use all of their cooldowns back then, since they could just reset once the pali was dead, so it doesn't matter. There's a reason RM synergy was gutted in s5, it was a broken comp.
    BfA Beta Time

  4. #44
    Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Mage /thread

    Reasons:

    1. Insane defense
    2. Insane offense
    3. Insane control
    4. Insane lack of skill required to achieve 1-3.
    i agree with the first three, but not the last one. they DO have alot of buttons to press. as long as they have an idea of what to do and when mages are pretty op.

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-17 at 11:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by nescáfè View Post
    On beta right now I'd say feral druids. They do insane damage and are impossible to get away from.

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 12:24 AM ----------



    I play a druid, and I voted for druids..

    feral druids though. I play resto.
    when i feral druid gets the drop on me in a bg i LOLdispersion and watch my friends nuke him.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon the Conqueror
    And point out where palas were OP in WotLK?
    S5: Infinite mana, offensive utility, 37-0-24?
    S6: Protection, insane survivability, infinite mana, offensive utility. ~20-51-0
    S7+8: Protribution, no explanation needed.

  6. #46
    Over 9000! Saverem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Coolsville, Daddio
    Posts
    9,363
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

  7. #47
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    when i feral druid gets the drop on me in a bg i LOLdispersion and watch my friends nuke him.
    When I see a shadow priest, I make sure he's away from the rest and drop him into dispersion at 20%, run away and watch a death from bleeds.

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 08:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    oh god, that's just wrong.

    Oh, and I'll toss my hat in with feral. I know what they're capable of doing.
    Last edited by arcon; 2010-11-18 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Added my vote

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon the Conqueror View Post
    I think it'll be the A department of Yale lawschool.

    And point out where palas were OP in WotLK? If you talk about the 3 days in 3.01, that's just retarded.
    i think its definitely fair to say at least one of the 3 pally specs are always op no matter what patch is out. they have insane health regen with lay on hands, bubble shield and fast powerful heals...yes sadly pallys r op and always will be.

  9. #49
    High Overlord lawlpoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In Katy Perry.
    Posts
    178
    Warlocks are really good. Affliction is gonna own. I didn't believe it before but after I saw some good video of arena it looks like they're fine. Just less responsibility without having to dispell which makes it less skill-capped but it seems like arenas are a lot like TBC. Everyone knows the best caster for out lasting is an Affliction Warlock.

    Prepare to see a lot of WLD/RLS

    Melee/Caster/Healer should be a really good in general. All melee have a 10 second interrupt, Caster to do the CCing and putting out the constant pressure, and healer of course to heal

    Which hopefully means bye bye no skill spell cleaves.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    DK/pali was overpowered due to the synergy the comp had. There have been overpowered COMPS in this game, but a class in an of itself has not been overpowered since vanilla.

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-17 at 03:27 PM ----------



    Warlocks with a healer were powerful, yes, due to being able to go sl/sl, but when faced with a healer team that could dispel, they were good at best. WLD still suffered against RMP since so much of the damage could be mitigated. 1v1 warlocks were the counter to mages which is why most mages found them overpowered, but against most other classes they were fine. If it has a reasonable amount of counters, it's not overpowered by definition.
    Yeah, SL/SL warlocks could tank a warrior....using their pinky, and mashing one button.
    I remember making an SL/SL lock on the TTR (Tournament Test Realm, for any who remember), with 0 experience in the class, and I had 0 trouble dueling any other class.

    The only counter to a lock in BC was a Rogue, or a -very- well played priest.

    It needs to also be said that warlocks were OP in vanilla as well (they were after all mushrooms, for any who remember the ref), along with spriests, and super-geared Arms Warriors. I know I'm going to get a lot of flak from people for calling spriests OP, but they were. The only (almost) sure counter to a lock in vanilla? An UNDEAD Rogue. Yes, it had to be that exact race.

    Rets were retardedly OP in S5. Same with Survival and BM Hunters (sup lock'n'load, sup TBW->Readiness->TBW), and UH DKs.

    If you honestly think certain classes, in themselves, weren't OP, after vanilla, you're delusional.

    FYI, WLD suffered against RMP because RMP is, by nature, the anti-warrior comp. Kill felhunter (so no eating CC), shit on the warr while CCing his druid. GG.[COLOR="red"]

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 08:43 AM ----------
    Last edited by rockmannx; 2010-11-18 at 08:46 AM.

  11. #51
    Have any of you even done bg's in the beta ? Rouges are just stupid OP they stun lock and kill you in 3 seconds flat just like they do now only you have 120k hp in Beta

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    S5: Infinite mana, offensive utility, 37-0-24?
    S6: Protection, insane survivability, infinite mana, offensive utility. ~20-51-0
    S7+8: Protribution, no explanation needed.
    This is the best summation of any time Paladins were OP.

    And Protribution is still the gayest spec / gear combo in the world.

    I'm gonna go out, off topic, and say that RMP is going to be ontop in 3's for S9. Mages need no explanation, and Smoke Bomb is going to be insane when in the hands of a competent Rogue.
    Last edited by rockmannx; 2010-11-18 at 08:48 AM.

  13. #53
    High Overlord lawlpoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In Katy Perry.
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmannx View Post

    Rets were retardedly OP in S5. Same with Survival and BM Hunters (sup lock'n'load, sup TBW->Readiness->TBW), and UH DKs.

    If you honestly think certain classes, in themselves, weren't OP, after vanilla, you're delusional.

    FYI, WLD suffered against RMP because RMP is, by nature, the anti-warrior comp. Kill felhunter (so no eating CC), shit on the warr while CCing his druid. GG.[COLOR="red"]

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 08:43 AM ----------
    I love that you didn't say anything about DK's being insane in S5. I mean insane...

    Not really sure where you are going with this whole post honestly. Just talking I suppose?

  14. #54
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    547
    Warlocks.

  15. #55
    High Overlord lawlpoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In Katy Perry.
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by Droeslol View Post
    Warlocks.
    SOMEONE ELSE LOVES KATY PERRY!!!

    Yes Affliction warlocks are OP.

    Also im not bitching about how warlocks are OP? I have one and love it
    Last edited by lawlpoo; 2010-11-18 at 08:58 AM.

  16. #56
    The only thing wow players are good at is bitching like children. This accounts for probably 75% of all threads on these forums.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by lawlpoo View Post
    I love that you didn't say anything about DK's being insane in S5. I mean insane...

    Not really sure where you are going with this whole post honestly. Just talking I suppose?
    Rets were retardedly OP in S5. Same with Survival and BM Hunters (sup lock'n'load, sup TBW->Readiness->TBW), and UH DKs.


    I totally forgot resto druids S2-S4. There's a reason almost every top rated team in 2's and 3's had a druid healer, and it wasn't because everyone was a tree-hugger.

    Guess I should answer the OP:

    Toss-up between frost mages and Afflic / Demo Locks. Both have too much of everything: Damage, Control, Survivability.
    Last edited by rockmannx; 2010-11-18 at 09:03 AM.

  18. #58
    Mechagnome Selxxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by ohnobees View Post
    The only thing wow players are good at is bitching like children. This accounts for probably 75% of all threads on these forums.
    That's because they ARE children.

    Now, I believe this will change when the final beta balance adjustments are implemented, but in the 10-19 bracket at least, Rogues dominate. Pretty much every death I've experienced playing my characters in that bracket has been to a rogue ambush, my hp is 300-400 and they hit me for over 700.

    Also (and this isn't so-much PvP related), once again I'm referencing very low level balance, but Warlock DoTs when compared to other classes are pathetic. My level 14 affliction warlock has Corruption and Unstable Affliction as her main DoTs, they both do about 16-17 per tick, this is without heirlooms or any other equivalent gear.

    Conversely, my Feral Druid of the same level has Rake and Mangle, which when applied together results in a 49-60 per tick DoT, and that's not even his main source of damage.

    Obviously we're in the relatively early stages of class balancing, and I have no idea how this plays out at 80/85, but as far as early PvP is concerned, there is alot to be done in balancing. It seems that physical classes dominate over spellcasters.

    A final note, I'm refering to the current state of the live servers, not Beta.
    Last edited by Selxxa; 2010-11-18 at 09:08 AM.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

    Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

  19. #59
    High Overlord lawlpoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In Katy Perry.
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by Selxxa View Post
    That's because they ARE children.

    Now, I believe this will change when the final beta balance adjustments are implemented, but in the 10-19 bracket at least, Rogues dominate. Pretty much every death I've experienced playing my characters in that bracket has been to a rogue ambush, my hp is 300-400 and they hit me for over 700.

    Also (and this isn't so-much PvP related), once again I'm referencing very low level balance, but Warlock DoTs when compared to other classes are pathetic. My level 14 affliction warlock has Corruption and Unstable Affliction as her main DoTs, they both do about 16-17 per tick, this is without heirlooms or any other equivalent gear.

    Conversely, my Feral Druid of the same level has Rake and Mangle, which when applied together results in a 49-60 per tick DoT, and that's not even his main source of damage.

    Obviously we're in the relatively early stages of class balancing, and I have no idea how this plays out at 80/85, but as far as early PvP is concerned, there is alot to be done in balancing. It seems that physical classes dominate over spellcasters.

    A final note, I'm refering to the current state of the live servers, not Beta.
    PvP only matters at 80. Soon pvp will only matter at 85.

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 04:22 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmannx View Post
    [/B]

    I totally forgot resto druids S2-S4. There's a reason almost every top rated team in 2's and 3's had a druid healer, and it wasn't because everyone was a tree-hugger.

    Guess I should answer the OP:

    Toss-up between frost mages and Afflic / Demo Locks. Both have too much of everything: Damage, Control, Survivability.
    I think you forgot dks. hehe

    Demo isn't very good from the videos ive seen. Any good healer just dispells immolate and they are doing shit damage.

    RLS is going to be awesome. Against WLD the other Warlock is going to struggle to get fears with Shamans having tremor and a dispel. Plus Fears are a 2 second cast now.

  20. #60
    Mechagnome Selxxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by lawlpoo View Post
    PvP only matters at 80. Soon pvp will only matter at 85.
    That is a awful attitude, as many people play PvP in the lower brackets combined as at 80/85, and many enjoy it much more. It's rare for an imbalance of such magnitude to go unchecked, if it hasn't already been patched in a beta build, I imagine it soon will be.

    With the removal of the rank system, all it requires is a simple change of a few variables.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

    Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •