Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Arcane Mages are Faceroll

So, I've done some research into the rotation of Arcane mages, and this is what I have discovered:

I now feel like rerolling an arcane mage.

You saying its gotten easier than before?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    So, I've done some research into the rotation of Arcane mages, and this is what I have discovered:

I now feel like rerolling an arcane mage.
    Its funny because its true.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has. AB spam gets you higher numbers than the numbers put out by Fire mages on single target. It's dumb.

Author of ALL THE THINGS - Collections addon for Completionists

Quote Originally Posted by rolecks View Post
    I think I should be able to fly anywhere I want. I mean ffs I'm riding around on the skeleton of a giant fire-breathing dragon and I'm wielding a legendary weapon that destroyed the Lich King, but if I want to take a trip to Thunder Bluff I gotta wait for the public bus while some level 5 /pokes the shit outta me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    Well, I had the understanding it was a 2-3 spell rotation pre-4.0.1
    Now it's just a 1 spell rotation.

Now do this on any fight taking longer than 30 seconds (i.e. real fights) and you will find yourself at the bottom of the recount list.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    Well, I had the understanding it was a 2-3 spell rotation pre-4.0.1
    Now it's just a 1 spell rotation.
    only on live, not at 85

So, I've done some research into the post of the OP, and this is what I have discovered:

I now feel like the OP is fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Citrustree View Post
    So, I've done some research into the post of the OP, and this is what I have discovered:

I now feel like the OP is fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Notmagnik View Post
    Oh?

Quote Originally Posted by rolecks View Post
    I think I should be able to fly anywhere I want. I mean ffs I'm riding around on the skeleton of a giant fire-breathing dragon and I'm wielding a legendary weapon that destroyed the Lich King, but if I want to take a trip to Thunder Bluff I gotta wait for the public bus while some level 5 /pokes the shit outta me.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you dont know how to play an arcane mage please dont post.
    the rotation is actually fun with different phases.

The burn = AB SPAM TILL 30% Mana.
    The Regen = Return Mana to 100% with Evocate and Gem if needed.
    The Neutral Rotation = YOu hold a Mana Neutral rotation making sure your mana doesnt go below 90%. This means you ignore Missile proces and do a 1 to 3 AB (3 atm in LK but in low level Cata I think it will be 1 or 2) and fire either Missiles if you have the proc of ABr if not.

Once the CD of you mana returning skills are about 15 seconds from ready to use you pop CDs again and burn.

The Mid DPS Noob rotation is easy, stipudly basic dont get me wrong. But the best mages who will get up to 15% more DPS though Masttery management are allot harder. Arcane is actually fun this way and better than the LK method. And much harder to get the maximum DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    nah, that's complicated now

Deleted
    haha first i thought like... geez fail
    but that video is damn funny XD

Deleted
    So, if you just use 1 button, where did those images come from and how come you didn't just go OOM?
    30s DPS test on a dummy shows really a lot if you pre-use all the CDs and then mash 1 button..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by itsyannick View Post
    haha first i thought like... geez fail
    but that video is damn funny XD
    This. I'm shocked at how defensive most of you are getting. Humorous video is humorous. GG.

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    So, if you just use 1 button, where did those images come from
    Quoted from the creator of the video directly:
    the trick is to properly bind a macro with Mirror Image and Arcane blast... you must place it away from the initial faceroll impact, as that initial burst might pull aggro. James likes to bind it to J, K, ., and P. That way, when he begins rolling in the right direction, he activates cooldowns while still maintaining a steady arcane blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Koltak View Post
    Now do this on any fight taking longer than 30 seconds (i.e. real fights) and you will find yourself at the bottom of the recount list.
    Lol. In ICC Hardmodes my mage is pulling 20k dps on 4 min fights. He is far from the bottom of the recount list.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbabee View Post
    Lol. In ICC Hardmodes my mage is pulling 20k dps on 4 min fights. He is far from the bottom of the recount list.
    And he only ever presses one button for the entire fight ? I suspect not.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Legendary!!