Stood in the Fire Doctor Deanster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

what glyps for frost pvp?

what glyphs should i use for frost pvp..if ice lance is the only one then im going fire...i don't like the idea of being a (hurp icelance spam hurp!) kind of mage.. the glyphs ive got on me so far are

Glyph of deepfreeze

Glyph of ice lance

Glyph of frostbolt

Anymore? like major/minor glyphs i should use?

Deleted
    Currently, I'm using:

Prime
    Cone of Cold
    Deep Freeze
    Ice Lance

Major
    Evocation
    Icy Veins
    Ice Barrier

Minor
    Slow Fall
    Conjuring
    Monkey (can be replaced by any other Minor glyph if you feel like doing so).

Prime
    Glyph of Deep Freeze
    Glyph of Ice Lance
    **Glyph of Cone of Cold
    **Glyph of Mage Armor

Major
    Glyph of Ice Barrier
    **Glyph of Polymorph
    **Glyph of Frostbolt
    **Glyph of Frostfire Bolt
    **Glyph of Evocation
    **Glyph of Icy Veins

Minor
    Glyph of Conjuring
    Glyph of Slow Fall
    ** Anything else, they are all bad

Note: ** is a decent glyph that you should consider based on preference, if it does not have this I consider it mandatory.

The italicized glyphs are what I am currently using.
    Last edited by Goliethlol; 2010-11-20 at 09:14 PM.

Glyph of Deep Freeze is a PvE glyph on the beta and I guess in 4.0.3 also.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Glyph of Deep Freeze is a PvE glyph on the beta and I guess in 4.0.3 also.
    It's a pvp glyph now. 20% more frostbolt damage on DF'ed targets.

@Goliethlol

Evo glyph is mandatory for all pvp specs
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    It's a pvp glyph now. 20% more frostbolt damage on DF'ed targets.
    I know that, but it won't be in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Goliethlol View Post
    Prime
    Glyph of Deep Freeze
    Glyph of Ice Lance
    **Glyph of Cone of Cold
    **Glyph of Mage Armor

Major
    Glyph of Ice Barrier
    **Glyph of Polymorph
    **Glyph of Frostbolt
    **Glyph of Frostfire Bolt
    **Glyph of Evocation
    **Glyph of Icy Veins

Minor
    Glyph of Conjuring
    Glyph of Slow Fall
    ** Anything else, they are all bad

Note: ** is a decent glyph that you should consider based on preference, if it does not have this I consider it mandatory.

The italicized glyphs are what I am currently using.
    I'd toss mana shield on there too. I use it right now since it's about as situational as the rest. I'd say polymorph would be the top choice when arenas are up again. This is, of course, provided you have a dot class with you, which is just about everybody now, tbh.

I'd also go out on a limb and say mage armor glyph is useless for pvp too, since you literally can't drop below 90% mana with MA up unless you spam blizzard every GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    I'd toss mana shield on there too. I use it right now since it's about as situational as the rest. I'd say polymorph would be the top choice when arenas are up again. This is, of course, provided you have a dot class with you, which is just about everybody now, tbh.

I'd also go out on a limb and say mage armor glyph is useless for pvp too, since you literally can't drop below 90% mana with MA up unless you spam blizzard every GCD.
    Yea I suppose Mana Shield wouldn't be awful, though 2 seconds off its timer seems fairly underwhelming against the other options for major.

I agree that mage armor seems fairly useless, but with the upcoming change to the Deep Freeze glyph I don't really see an alternative. At least this way you can absolutely guarentee your ability to spam blizzard for slow (talented) or to pop out stealthed classes, and never have to worry about mana shield (though I agree that it's basically already a non-issue).

Polymorph is still an extremely important glyph in pretty much every pvp scenario. In arenas it's basically mandatory, in a BG setting it is certainly mandatory, and even in a 1v1 or 1vX scenario it's quite useful if you're getting a fair bit of brain freeze procs.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Evo glyph is mandatory for all pvp specs
    The evo glyph is being changed to a 40% heal instead of 60%, and even at 60% it was not mandatory. It's definitely useful, don't get me wrong. BG's and Duels it was extremely helpful, but I played 3 arena season's without it without a problem. That's why I said that they were based on personal preference.