Poll: Who is more powerful with the Arcane? The Alliance or the Horde?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    I dig how this thread eventually always comes down to "Waaah waaah I'm right, you won't accept our superiority!"

Recap!

Draenei are good. However, there is only a small number of them. Besides, not all are arcane casters, many are pure Light-wielders (see vindicators).

Blood Elves are way more numerous than the RPG stated back in the day, as is obvious by the number of both High Elves (10% of the population) and the abundance of named NPCs in the game. They're also way better than Humans, because while both races practiced magic, the Blood Elves had been doing so for way over 10000 years, always absorbing Dalaran's knowledge but rarely sharing their own.

Humans are good... but on the other hand, every single Blood Elf has a spark of arcane potential within them, and they cultivate that constantly, coupled with the whole 'ten thousand years of arcane research by some of the most magically gifted among all the Highborne' deal.

I'd say both the factions are pretty evenly matched. But then, this post will be 'torn to shreds' because some people just feel the need to make a point even if it's based on outdated info and the power of faction pride.
    I completely agree with you.
    The point i for one am trying to make with my posts is simply show that both factions have their strengths as well as weaknesses and at the same time point out when one person states one race is almighty. People however think i'm a biased horde because in this particular case the one side that goes all high and mighty is an alliance representative.
    most of my replies do not try to make the horde seem more powerful than they happen to be, but instead try to show both sides of the situation as they really are. You say one thing about a certain situation, i flip the coin and mention the other side. It's called perspective, i'm just trying to bring out another perspective to the situation that the person usually ignores or fails to see.
    Unfortunately some people fail to understand the meaning of said word.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshiva View Post
    The point i for one am trying to make with my posts is simply show that both factions have their strengths as well as weaknesses and at the same time point out when one person states one race is almighty. People however think i'm a biased horde because in this particular case the one side that goes all high and mighty is an alliance representative.
    most of my replies do not try to make the horde seem more powerful than they happen to be, but instead try to show both sides of the situation as they really are. You say one thing about a certain situation, i flip the coin and mention the other side. It's called perspective, i'm just trying to bring out another perspective to the situation that the person usually ignores or fails to see.
    I'm sorry if you felt like it was directed at you, it really wasn't.

As for the 'high and mighty' thing, I know the feeling. Sometimes you're just pushed into defending one faction because the onslaught from the other one is just insane.

I'm sorry if you felt like it was directed at you, it really wasn't.

As for the 'high and mighty' thing, I know the feeling. Sometimes you're just pushed into defending one faction because the onslaught from the other one is just insane.
    no i didn't feel it was directed at me, i just felt it was worth agreeing to.
    It is simply annoying when one faction complains about certain things the other has and vice versa. I find the current situation of our community most disturbing. There was a time when people didn't care about this "horde/ally propaganda" other than for RP reasons and people would sit around together and talk about anything together. Now we waste our time complaining about things and trying to explain to most of the complainers they have no reason to complain in the first place. Same applies to boasting.

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP is 100% for the alliance and states this in nearly every post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gry View Post
    The OP is 100% for the alliance and states this in nearly every post.
    That in itself isn't bad. However, once you agree that the numbers in the RPG are off yet still use them to prove your point, it all goes downhill. The 'but it's canon' argument doesn't work anymore, like it doesn't work for example in the case of the Orc ending of Warcraft 2.

I dig how this thread eventually always comes down to "Waaah waaah I'm right, you won't accept our superiority!"

Recap!

Draenei are good. However, there is only a small number of them. Besides, not all are arcane casters, many are pure Light-wielders (see vindicators).

Blood Elves are way more numerous than the RPG stated back in the day, as is obvious by the number of both High Elves (10% of the population) and the abundance of named NPCs in the game. They're also way better than Humans, because while both races practiced magic, the Blood Elves had been doing so for way over 10000 years, always absorbing Dalaran's knowledge but rarely sharing their own.

Humans are good... but on the other hand, every single Blood Elf has a spark of arcane potential within them, and they cultivate that constantly, coupled with the whole 'ten thousand years of arcane research by some of the most magically gifted among all the Highborne' deal.

I'd say both the factions are pretty evenly matched. But then, this post will be 'torn to shreds' because some people just feel the need to make a point even if it's based on outdated info and the power of faction pride.
    ^ This

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    And my opinion on it is that Thursday is way higher than sausage. And it's just as relevant as Azshara and Medivh to the current Alliance/Horde arcane competition.
    I give up, impossible to reason with a tard.

I've never seen an arcane mage that plays on the Alliance. Every time I face an Alliance mage I take a frostbolt or icelance to the face. I voted for the Horde.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshiva View Post
    That's what I usually do on these forums. /brofist
    Quote Originally Posted by themiller View Post
    Your attempts at reasoning being?.. "Lol Alliance haz Azshara and Medivh they'r super cool"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by themiller View Post
    He does have a point though, a Guardian of Tirisfal is basically a unique focus for the powers of a myriad casters, and being possessed by Sargeras made Medivh all the more unique. Azshara too was one of a kind.

So they can hardly be compared to the bulk of spellcasters. They were the peak, the best. And from what I gather this thread deals with the armies, not individual heroes.

15+ Year Old Account
    He does have a point though, a Guardian of Tirisfal is basically a unique focus for the powers of a myriad casters, and being possessed by Sargeras made Medivh all the more unique. Azshara too was one of a kind.

So they can hardly be compared to the bulk of spellcasters. They were the peak, the best. And from what I gather this thread deals with the armies, not individual heroes.
    Yep. That's what I'm talking about. It's like saying that Archimonde and Kil'jaeden were the supreme casters, and they are man'ari eredar, draenei are ex-eredar, and therefore Alliance is superior. Derp...

Deleted
    Yep. That's what I'm talking about. It's like saying that Archimonde and Kil'jaeden were the supreme casters, and they are man'ari eredar, draenei are ex-eredar, and therefore Alliance is superior. Derp...
    To be fair, that somewhat works, because the Draenei still have Velen (mage/priest hybrid), however we still face the same problem: he's an immortal and insanely powerful caster who's lived and ruled his people for well over 25000 years. Read: completely unique.

And again, by looking at the potential of caster races through individual cases, the Orcs are the strongest. There isn't any single individual apart from Ner'zhul who blew up a planet, at least not so far. Hell, Deathwing is a huge black wyrm who's bound to the earth itself, yet he couldn't achieve that.
    Last edited by mmoc8b3023a1c1; 2010-11-29 at 05:05 PM.

Deleted
    Alliance have no playable race as hight elves... but still they are better as mages but who cares horde are better with improved mage version 2.0- Warlocks

15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, that somewhat works, because the Draenei still have Velen (mage/priest hybrid), however we still face the same problem: he's an immortal and insanely powerful caster who's lived and ruled his people for well over 25000 years. Read: completely unique.
    Where does everyone take the idea of Velen's "insane magical power" from?
    And again, by looking at the potential of caster races through individual cases, the Orcs are the strongest. There isn't any single individual apart from Ner'zhul who blew up a planet, at least not so far. Hell, Deathwing is a huge black wyrm who's bound to the earth itself, yet he couldn't achieve that.
    Oh oh oh, and also Ner'zhul created an army of undead through his thought alone after he became LK. That counts too, right? But on a more serious note - Ner'zhul did it without some power infusions or such (unlike Medivh who had the power of Guardian shoved into him among with Sargeras himself sitting inside of him). I guess it puts him on par with Azshara. Roughly. She also was awesome all by herself.
    Last edited by Haven; 2010-11-29 at 05:16 PM.

Deleted
    Where does everyone take the idea of Velen's "insane magical power" from?
    Rise of the Horde. He is the leader of a people who are very much in tune with magic, and the leaders are chosen by their prowess with arcane energies as well as wisdom. We know Archimonde and Kil'jaeden were insanely powerful even before being turned into demons (which increased their powers like tenfold), so it's safe to assume Velen was too. Besides, he reignites the Sunwell, a feat that at first looks pretty much impossible.

Oh oh oh, and also Ner'zhul created an army of undead through his thought alone after he became LK. That counts too, right?
    Well, there's an insane amount of weird theories and quasi-relevant facts in the thread already, so just count him among the Forsaken. Undead? Check. Free-willed? Check.

The alliance are by far more powerful with Arcane.
    The most powerful of all mages has to be me, Rainéy...

15+ Year Old Account
    Rise of the Horde. He is the leader of a people who are very much in tune with magic, and the leaders are chosen by their prowess with arcane energies as well as wisdom. We know Archimonde and Kil'jaeden were insanely powerful even before being turned into demons (which increased their powers like tenfold), so it's safe to assume Velen was too.
    I believe it when you say it. On another han, he too suffers from draenei=light approach. As of late, he didn't demonstrate anything that could have made anyone assume he even was a mage... I just keep to a general theory that draenei as a race shifted focus during their travels and contact with Naaru - from arcanists to divinists. That would really explain a lot.
    Besides, he reignites the Sunwell, a feat that at first looks pretty much impossible.
    Well, he didn't do that with his bare hands, he tossed a Naaru in there, which is a friggin' embodimant of pure Light...
    Well, there's an insane amount of weird theories and quasi-relevant facts in the thread already, so just count him among the Forsaken. Undead? Check. Free-willed? Check.
    Hahaa, indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    1. Blood Elves are not Highborne. Highborne devolved/evolved into the High Elves, then 90% of the High Elves renamed themselves Blood Elves. I am really starting to get annoyed by you. You seem to know nothing about lore.

2. You are asking me to tell you of a draenei who did an amazing feat with the arcane? What the hell does that prove. It is already proven in the books that the Draenei were amazing with all forms of magic back at their home planet of Argus. If you really think that the only way to prove they are powerful through me showing you a draenei who did an amazing feat, is foolish.
    This is realy became just your fanboyism versus the facts. When someone says Horde is superior you just flame, you do not even try to prove otherwise, even if person is stating facts (sometimes even numbers you use).
    Who do you think was exiled from Kalimdor? Blood Elves or Highborn? Lorewise it realy is stupid for night elves have mages since they exiled all the highborne after Sundernig.High Elves with time evolved from highborne. So saying highborne are not blood elves is only semi truth, they evolved from them.
    Please go read on Eraedar, because saying Burning Legion recruted them because they were so good with all kinds of magic is stupid thing to say. It was their wisdom, power, knowledge and strength. Sargeras saw them as perfect comanders for his army. You can't say they were good with all kinds of magic.... That would mean they were great shamans, druids and warlocks.

P.S.: You can keep that lore tard hat for yourself, it realy suits you well.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    This is realy became just your fanboyism versus the facts. When someone says Horde is superior you just flame, you do not even try to prove otherwise, even if person is stating facts (sometimes even numbers you use).
    Who do you think was exiled from Kalimdor? Blood Elves or Highborn? Lorewise it realy is stupid for night elves have mages since they exiled all the highborne after Sundernig.High Elves with time evolved from highborne. So saying highborne are not blood elves is only semi truth, they evolved from them.
    Please go read on Eraedar, because saying Burning Legion recruted them because they were so good with all kinds of magic is stupid thing to say. It was their wisdom, power, knowledge and strength. Sargeras saw them as perfect comanders for his army. You can't say they were good with all kinds of magic.... That would mean they were great shamans, druids and warlocks.

P.S.: You can keep that lore tard hat for yourself, it realy suits you well.
    Again, past actions of certain individual or historical implications don't particularly apply to the current races.

The Blood Elves are not the highbourne. Their magical orientation has changed during that tame as well.
    Neither alliance NOR horde is superior. In the current time line, faction heroes and adventurers aside, the forces are pretty much balanced in all aspects.