Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Flexible raid sizes???

Just setting here thinking about the new flexable raid locks and same loot, and was thinking wouldn't it be nice to get rid of set raid sizes all together? This could be achieved by adding difficulty to the raid mobs and bosses with each extra player over 10.

For example if you had 12 core members you could get all of them into raid. However the increase of difficulty shouldn't stay even with each added player. Why? You may ask. Is be cause its obvious that taking a 11 man with an extra healer would make many fights easier than 10 man. So have the curve work some what like this. 11th player adds 20% more health, 4% base damage and 16% ability damage, 12th player adds 15% 3% 12%, 13th adds 10% 2% 8%, 14th adds 5% 1% 4%, and 15th player would change the fight a bit. For example, 10-14 players 2 players getw mc/void zone/debuff 15-19 players would get 3 mc/void zone/debuff and so on. Could also change the amout adds and tash mobs every 5. Every 5 would also grant an extra piec of gear.

These numbers are just examples and blizzard isnt new to this. Its kind of how diablo worked. I think this would be a great perk to Add to raiding. Thoughts?
    Ty

Deleted
    Could be quite interesting until people starting swapping people around like crazy, popping people in and out for differen't bosses, also a question.
    Say for instance, a 25 man boss drops 5 pieces of loot and a 10 man boss drops 2 pieces, what would a 13 or 18 man raid drop? Would it be rounded up or down?

Every 5th player would add loot. This way it would keep 10,15,20,25 optimal but if you had 3 core members skip town u could still raid.

So 11,12,13,14 would drop 2 pieces, 15,16,17,18,19 would drop 3, and so on.
    Last edited by tyriddik; 2010-11-21 at 04:20 AM.

Hmm... the more I think about it the more I like this idea. Also would allow for more flexible raid groups as far as tank/dps/heals ratio depending on a raids strengths and weaknesses.

Agree. And it make great strat web sites lol. Also I se no limitations to why blizz couldn't or shouldn't do this.. Im just not seeing a down side.

You. Post this on the blizzard forums. NAO!

EDIT: And don't mind any haters you come across. Dey be hatin'

I did... even bumped it twice ad had a guildy post on it no attention.. maybe ill post one in sugestions.

I guess you can give the blues a bit. It's not like they're busy destroying the world or anything

I love the idea, i can just imagine raiding with any amount of people that decide to log in, and not stressing about pugs and whatnot, but I think it would be hard to balance 10-25 each individually for every encounter to be equally difficult.

I like it, but the elitist will find out which one that is the easiest, and soon everyone will be going just 12 mans, or just 18 mans, due to these sizes being easier in boss HP and void zone spawning and smoothest heal/dps/tank ratio
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

agreed.... this is so intelligent.... ive never before read a PvE encounter idea that literally suited to EVERYONE's needs / desires (from the 10 player raider to even the 40 man raid (in theory))

The only potential problem i could see would be that 1) it'd be hard to implement a sliding ability scale for every person, for every boss, for every raid, but its possible, and 2) one combination would prove to be the best for each boss (one might be easiest at 23, the next at 18, etc.) so some insane people would attempt to cater to those, but as i think those same people are the ones who sit large groups of raiders per encounter to min max, so maybe it wouldn't be as much of an issue...

us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1020824320#1

There's the link go support away =)

Would be a balancing nightmare... It will be hard enough to balance 10 and 25 player raid difficulty and this idea would be infinitely worse.

Yes one combination would prove the best, but remember elitist would find the best way to do ANYTHING. Pretty sure they have data on the most efficient way to tie shoes (SPOILER: Use velcro!)

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    I like it, but the elitist will find out which one that is the easiest, and soon everyone will be going just 12 mans, or just 18 mans, due to these sizes being easier in boss HP and void zone spawning and smoothest heal/dps/tank ratio
    The way I have the curve set up the easiest would b 14,19,24,29 but u would sacrifice a 5:1 gear ratio to do so and it would take longer to gear.

Provided they scaled boss health and were smart with enrage mechanics so that you couldn't stack healers too much due to dps requirements, it would be great. Perhaps each healer added would cause an appropriate scaling in abilities (i.e., additional players getting a debuff or whatever).

Provided they had this in mind when designing encounters, it should work out I think.

I think something more akin to how hard modes were in Ulduar, just on a more gradual scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    Provided they scaled boss health and were smart with enrage mechanics so that you couldn't stack healers too much due to dps requirements, it would be great. Perhaps each healer added would cause an appropriate scaling in abilities (i.e., additional players getting a debuff or whatever).

Provided they had this in mind when designing encounters, it should work out I think.
    Seeing as how we choose our specs from 3 options, and the server recognizes that, the game knows whether we are specced for Tank, Dps, or Heals. [[[See how the new alchemist cauldrons work]]] So adding more damage for abilities with more healers, or adding more health/mechanics, could be done via script server side.

Also, I would like to see this work for older raids. Making sure that older content doesnt become entirely trivial. So the bosses could scale to the raiders levels, iLevels and more. Although the curve on stats would make content at 80 easier as 85, but not soloable.

I could also see these functions as toggled by the raiders as well. Say your core 25m wants those 5 pieces of gear, but only has 19 players available, then they could toggle this "Raid Scaling" and continue on with their raid. If people logged on later they could join and there would be no problems.

nice idea!

just posted in there, nice idea bro who knows blizz might think it threw.