Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by palamanian View Post
    I agree 100% with everything except the "WOTLK Player" part. Players that ignore these rules have been doing it since the beginning.
    True, but Wotlk made it extremely easy for those people to get away with it resulting in more and more people becoming like "them" throughout the expansion.

And if you have the group set up that defies all of this and is able to charge a boss in the middle of a room pulling 10+mobs?
    In vanilla BC and wrath I have never strayed from the path of pull now think later... And I have never failed to somehow kill at least 80% of them before dieing in a very epic worth doing fight.
    Nothing says BLOW ALL YOUR M*****F****** COOLDOWNS RIGHT NOW like the chaos of 10+mob pull... (Its how I got so good at soloing lvl 80-81 dungeon mobs! I still need a healer or at least a caster dps healing class for bosses >.>)

(I have one of each tank and on my characters that aren't tanks I still try to tank one or two heroics/instances Ive played since about 2 months before BC came out and this post is kind of a mini-joke that warrior and druid tanks should understand so don't freak <3)
    Last edited by giowatcher; 2010-11-29 at 03:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Fake and Gay
    They never said it was real and heterosexual.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in other words.. "Don't be a baddie"?

Seems like the BC style of CC playing is back, I for 1 liked BC and dislike the easiness of wotlk playstyle although its easier to lvl an alt in wotlk. Cheers to TS!

Am i the only one who thinks this is all common sense? Ive seen bad players but even they all know this stuff, this shouldn't be a "wrath players need to know all this because ive played longer than you so im better" thread it should be a "if you dont do this stuff you suck" thread.
    Be mindful of positioning... really your supposed to run to your tank if you get aggro? REALLY???? In any halfway hard content you need to do this. the only place you can really get away with this is heroics and even then its because we outgear it by 4 tiers of gear, it should be faceroll at this point. even tbc heroics were very easy in t5-6.
    Communicate with your group, again that's just common sense unless you are solo questing or something you should communicate with the people that are with you! No one has ever over the course of wrath has taken or given criticism in progression?
    The be patient and thing happens every expansion when everyone is re learning their classes and all the new fights. Be observant is another thing that happens every expansion, its part of relearning the game. Neither of these things are a wrath specific thing and are a welcome to the new expansion thing, they happened after vanilla and after tbc too.
    Interrupting. Again another if you dont suck and see something casting hit the damn interrupt button, nothing to do with wrath players.
    Dead DPS do no DPS... i dont see how this doesnt apply to wrath. i was unaware that i was able to do dps dead in wrath. Dont stand in stuff is another one of those things that if you dont suck you know this.
    CC. This is the only thing that really should be in this because there wasnt much ccing in wrath. it was used a little but for the most part it was gone. but again this is another one of those things if your not braindead you should realise this.
    Follow marks and kill orders. Who are you running with that doesnt do this. i even see the retards who stand in fire and the int stacking deathknights killing the skull marked guy. I am really curious how terrible the people you are playing with are if you think anything on this list is wrath players specific.
    Now to the healers.
    Cleanse. every raid has had something that needed to be cleansed or the person would die.
    ok you got me on the mana conservation thing. Ive got nothing to say to that
    Predicting incoming damage is just the sign of a good healer, nothing more to it. Not really much to do with wrath players
    Be ready assume the worst. I was under the impression that i was there to heal damage. Its not much of a supprise when that happens. The only real way of doing that is spamming but that is no longer possible with the mana changes.
    Tanks
    Again with the cc
    marking adds should have also been done on any wotlk trash that was semi hard.
    CD's managing cooldowns is not a wotlk thing, all good players should know when to pop cooldowns.
    Stuns managing stuns is not a wotlk thing, all good players should know when to pop stuns.
    the last two make sense
    All in all i think all players should read this and do what it says, not just wrath players. he makes a good point but this isnt some wrath related problems.

As many others have said, great post! Though this information is quite basic for many of us, we will see just how hard it is for many people to follow these "basic" suggestions. If cata turns out to *really* need the above suggestions, I will be quite happy! I've always enjoyed being truly useful in a group and with the recent state of Wrath a majority of every group has been unneeded; recently, as a shaman healer, I've been staying in my dps spec to heal because healing is so boring without tanks taking damage. I want to be appreciated again !

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    first off, very nice guide

second, is ur (Daetur's) avatar the guy from firefly? yes, of all the things to comment on, that's what i chose, lols
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Rainec View Post
    first off, very nice guide

second, is ur (Daetur's) avatar the guy from firefly? yes, of all the things to comment on, that's what i chose, lols
    And of all the relpies in this thread, yours is the one I catch that I can reply to quickly.

Yes, Wash from Firefly is my avatar.

Great guide, every player should keep this in mind, be they new or veteran WoW players.

I have a simple suggestion, although it is something an awful lot of players seem to forget. Might want to add it to the OP: please, please let the tanks do the pulling! It's such a pain on both healers as well as tanks when a dps causes such chaos. But since at this time even a cloth class can take a good amount of hits from a heroic (!) mob, players often seem to disregard this simple thing.

I'm not really jumping with joy in the foresight of having to see people figure this out the hard way, since it'll likely mean that me and my 3 other group members will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyonath View Post
    Wrong. Wrath was not watered down HM 25m LK was by far the hardest fight I have ever experienced, and I have experienced every encounter as it was current content.
    Everyone who says what you say obviously has not cleared ALL WotLK content.
    Have you cleared Yogg Saron 25 with no keepers assisting when it was current content? And before the nerf?
    I haven't actually played it myself (with the right ilevel gear) unfortunately,, but it seems to me that it's harder then anything ICC has to offer.
    Last edited by Auralan; 2010-11-29 at 04:22 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    lol, 30 sec after i post that i look back at first page and see ur sig, firefly ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by alexellice View Post
    Actually started reading this thinking "omg.. another idiot rage about Cata"... but in all fairness a very well informed read.

**Edit **

I honestly hope its as difficult as some of the cata beta testers have said... but I do worry that if it is... Blizz will cave into the MASS of QQ that will come Dec 8th :-(
    I agree, though they will probably come closer to the the 9th or tenth. You know how things are with big patches and all. Still true, though
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyonath View Post
    Wrong. Wrath was not watered down HM 25m LK was by far the hardest fight I have ever experienced, and I have experienced every encounter as it was current content.
    Everyone who says what you say obviously has not cleared ALL WotLK content.
    so u base the entire Wrath content's difficulty on one singular difficult Heroic encounter which a majority of people never see? No where in his post did he say he experienced ALL WotLK content as yet, and OP also admitted to clearing 11/12. Get off your high horse geez.. >.> WotLK as a whole was quite watered down compared to BC or classic, which is what they meant. Yep, there's a few things that proved more difficult, but overall.. hope you see where i'm going with this by now.

Quote Originally Posted by alexellice View Post
    Actually started reading this thinking "omg.. another idiot rage about Cata"... but in all fairness a very well informed read.

**Edit **

I honestly hope its as difficult as some of the cata beta testers have said... but I do worry that if it is... Blizz will cave into the MASS of QQ that will come Dec 8th :-(
    It will, and its almost a sure thing. ALMOST. To many people have started during Wrath because it was EASIER for people who don't have the time to play as often as a "hardcore" and now catering to hardcores will result in a mini "war" that will no doubt end with mega a nerfs across the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Don't know if it's been said already, but just wanted to add that off-tanking is an incredibly effective and successful form of CC if your healer(s) can handle it. Sheep/Shackle/Sap etc., one mob, snare and kill your burn down target first, then your OT target, then decide what to do with the CC'd mob (continue CC or create another OT target), by the time you've downed the first 2-3 on a 5 mob pull, your MT target will be often be dead - if not, focus dps on the MT target and let the OT pick up the straggler(s). It's clean and takes some pressure off of both the MT and your CC dpsers.
    Last edited by tricdru; 2010-11-29 at 04:33 AM.

You, sir, are the epitome of what wow players should be. Thank you for this post! Ill heal you anytime

I just started my second toon, tauren warrior, because I hate what wrath has done to many tanks.

i especially like
    6.) You are NOT the master of the group. Many tanks in WotLK have become rude and overconfident due largely to their short queue times. I can be guilty of this as well. Many have a tendency to treat the other members of their groups with the expectation that whatever THEY says goes, because the group cannon function without them. Please, I beg of you, if you are one of these tanks, remember that you cannot solo this content. You need your group as much as they need you.
    A raid i started a few days ago was completely taken over by one of these tanks. I didnt have time to drink, didnt have time to do anything but spam healing surge because by the time I finally got to the tank, he was almost dead. I dont have a problem handing the reins to someone more experienced than me, but there were people in the raid that didnt know the fight (it was naxx, we were doing KT.) I tried to explain but didnt have time because the tank was already pulling. When we wiped, almost everyone rage quit because of the tanks attitude, and also because we didnt facepull and beat the encounter.

I too am guilty of a bad attitude at times, but ive never had a problem asking questions or admitting that I didnt know something. Ive always said that I will never know everything about the game and its mechanics, and anyone that thinks that they do needs a reality check.

Keep on trucking! And good luck in Cata. I personally cant wait till these people get a punch in the face by the new content.

I don't care if you're bad, just don't be a bitch... word.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    While you're right, you can't discredit the difficulty of fights like: 0 Lights, Mimiron HM, Algalon, and Lich King HM. They were the highlight bosses of this expansion and they were challenging.

Don't take away from great encounters just because we had a lot of easy encounters in Wrath.
    Not a single bit of my post took away from any of those encounters, nor was my tone suggesting those encounters werent great. I was merely making a statement debating that hm25 lk is the hardest boss to date. I can name 4-5 others that were much more difficult and fun.

It's so epic that this got front paged. hopefully that means more people will read it... like people that need to read it. :O

What is truly sad is that all of this should be obvious but some people (not just those that started during WotLK) still need to be reminded.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumb View Post
    Didn't both M'uru and Kil'jaeden get killed in their original state? Unlike Lich King which required the entire raid to have a 5% buff before it fell.
    no,

and i dont doubt any of the top 10 guilds in the world would have killed lk given more than the 3-4 weeks (bugged weeks that is) it took. iirc paragon was like 1-2% from getting hlk25 the day before 5%?