Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because its a legendary its supposed to still be challenging after expansions , its not supposed to be "hur dur you can farm this in 3 weeks hur dur" its supposed to still challenging down the line.

Lol people who got it properly? It's fewer shards so you don't have to farm trash and it's not meant to be something so rare that no one couldn't get it if they didn't try. Get over it, it's a legendary, not some world first achievement. There are plenty of legendaries that people have gone back and gotten and this will be the same with shadowmourne. This part of the quest was stupid anyways, and only a time sink to prevent people from getting it earlier.

Who says it's supposed to be challenging for all expansions? And who says it being 950 fewer shards is so much less challenging instead of time consuming?
    Last edited by sicness; 2010-11-25 at 01:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebernard View Post
    1000 was a bit ridiculous. It really wasn't possible for those who ran pugs. But 50? That takes what... 2 runs at the most?
    you can get like 100 by the time you get to gunship 1000 wasnt a lot at all.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Lol people who got it properly? It's fewer shards so you don't have to farm trash and it's not meant to be something so rare that no one couldn't get it if they didn't try. Get over it, it's a legendary, not some world first achievement. There are plenty of legendaries that people have gone back and gotten and this will be the same with shadowmourne. This part of the quest was stupid anyways, and only a time sink to prevent people from getting it earlier.

Who says it's supposed to be challenging for all expansions? And who says it being 950 fewer shards is so much less challenging instead of time consuming?
    Its legendary , even rag and TF are hard due to RNG as well as farming/buying the mats to form the weapons , I could go get Shadowmourne in no time now , Unlike the old legendaries.

also time consuming is apart of this game , That mentality as made WoW what it is today , quick instant results instead of working for anything.

I don't really see how this is unfair on those who did 1000 souls. If you're on this quest now, you're not getting Shadowmourne before Cata anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebernard View Post
    1000 was a bit ridiculous. It really wasn't possible for those who ran pugs. But 50? That takes what... 2 runs at the most?
    I did 1000 in pugs that rarely did more than 4/12 in a few weeks on my DK, didn't take that long.

All it does at this point is reduce some tedium, not a big deal. The trash isn't going to be challenging at 85.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    I don't really see how this is unfair on those who did 1000 souls. If you're on this quest now, you're not getting Shadowmourne before Cata anyway.

I did 1000 in pugs that rarely did more than 4/12 in a few weeks on my DK, didn't take that long.
    I'm not saying its Unfair toward the people that did 1000 souls , Im saying that its sad that there nerfing the quest chain , it seems like a unnecessary change to something that wasn't that hard in the first place.

1,000 wasn't hard.
    50 is a bit easier.

Life goes on.

1000 wasn't hard to get at all. 50 was a drastic drop though. I think they should change it to getting the souls of every boss...that sounds fair, especially after cata

I'm sorry but since the LK expansion is over, the legendary isn't relevant anymore. It's just a vanity item. The word "legendary" means nothing in terms of hero progression. We all know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Droeslol View Post
    Because its a legendary its supposed to still be challenging after expansions , its not supposed to be "hur dur you can farm this in 3 weeks hur dur" its supposed to still challenging down the line.
    It was never very legendary, as far as orange weapons go, it's probably the least exciting in the game. I'd argue that the effect of the twin blades weren't that legendary either, but sonofabitch did they look cool. Shadowmourne is just eh. It's sad that the first boss drops an arguably more cosmetically pleasing weapon. It certainly didn't earn any kind of legendary status through it's questline, which (OF LEGENDARIES WITH QUESTLINES ONLY) has probably been the easiest so far.