Deleted
    4 year old pc + 5 euro keyboard + 6 year old mouse / no mousepad

u jelly?

Mod warning: Post more constructively!
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-21 at 01:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Fricking bads not buying Thermaltake Frio fans <_<
    please inform us as to what is so great about them

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    please inform us as to what is so great about them
    The answer: They aren't. -_-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Fricking bads not buying Thermaltake Frio fans <_<
    Thanks, but I'll pass on the frio. I think it looks horrible, and its price/performance ratio isn't that stellar.

Alright here comes some pics.

i5 2500k
    Gigabyte x68A-D3H-B3
    MSI GTX 560ti Twin Frozr
    8GB G.Skill 1600Mhz
    X-Fi Gamer
    Cooler Master 212+
    128GB Crucial M4
    1 TB Samsung Spin Point F3
    HAF 922 Case
    Everything is stock atm. I want to try some tweaking soon. I'm not sure what I can set things in afterburner and what I should use to track temps of stuff.

Please be nice on the cables. I know they need work but I was just in a hurry to get it together and was excited to get rolling heh. Not sure how I'm going to route them, at least I got the cpu power cable routed through the back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your PSU is upside down.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    @Orkela

What Skelly said first and foremost. Usually an air intake (hopefully with dust filter) for the PSU fan in the bottom of the case.

And how is that fan on the Hyper212+ heatsink seated? With static pressure and all: Push > Pull, so it should be on the other side of the heatsink, pushing air towards the back of the case where the other 120mm exhaust fan is.

Deleted
    doesn't make a blind bit of different what way the PSU is, other than for ascetic reasons. some look good fan up and others look good fan down. both ways will perform and last an equal length of time, so pick what's best for your build...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    doesn't make a blind bit of different what way the PSU is, other than for ascetic reasons. some look good fan up and others look good fan down. both ways will perform and last an equal length of time, so pick what's best for your build...
    depending on case design, it can make a difference, but not a huge one, not as significant as a top mounted PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    Your PSU is upside down.
    Actually, since PSUs don't really get all that hot, at least as of recent, it's a small aid in getting hot air out.
    Whether it works or not, given the air flow of the case, is an entirely different conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not true at all. PSU fans push air through the PSU, so he can either take cool air from outside the case by having the fan on the bottom, or take warm air from the case by putting it on top.

He's also going to hurt the airflow to his video card with the PSU mounted like that, because they're going to be competing for the same air since the gpu is going to be pulling up, and the psu is going to be pulling down.

What I'm saying is, it doesn't make much of a difference to the PSU, but it does to the rest of the case.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    Your PSU is upside down.
    Hmm I didn't realize that....wish they had better instructions for these things >.<

and @wries I'm pretty sure it's pushing air to the left out he back.

Deleted
    all electronics are made to withstand a certain heat. the PSU facing either up or down will not make it take over that thresehold, as they typically don't get that hot anyway. a very well known youtube reviewer and ex custom pc maker often makes his rigs with PSU facing up. do you really think he would be given all these review units if it was that damaging to the system as a whole?

10+ Year Old Account
    all electronics are made to withstand a certain heat. the PSU facing either up or down will not make it take over that thresehold, as they typically don't get that hot anyway. a very well known youtube reviewer and ex custom pc maker often makes his rigs with PSU facing up. do you really think he would be given all these review units if it was that damaging to the system as a whole?
    Its not hurting the system very much, but it is certainly not helping. Also, with a non-modular PSU, having the cables on the inside helps with cable management, which is currently lacking

Mouse p.o.s

keyboard p.o.s

screen inc 25 inch 1920 1080 60hz

case nzxt phantom red 6 fans 2 200mm 2 120s 2 140s

processor amd phenom x6 1055t 2.8 ghz

mobo gigabyte 990x fxa ud3

processor cooler coolermaster v6 gt

ram 8gig ripjaw 1600mhz

video cards galaxy gtx 460 1gb gc edition and evga gtx 460 1gb in sli

power supply 950 watt sli ready

Original Image: http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...g/IMAG0038.jpg

[User has received an infraction for an oversized image. - Cilraaz]
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-08-22 at 12:12 AM.
    The sun has set on this mortal world fools make peace with your end for the hour of twilight falls!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkela View Post
    Hmm I didn't realize that....wish they had better instructions for these things >.<

and @wries I'm pretty sure it's pushing air to the left out he back.
    It is "pushing the air out the back", but what Wries is saying is that its "pulling" the air through the heatsink. You would get (slightly) better airflow if you had the fan blowing towards the exhaust like it is now, but on the other side of the heatsink "pushing" the air through it.

What they're trying to tell you is to flip it 180 degrees. There SHOULD be a fan grill/hole under the PSU, for it to pull air through from outside the case, instead of from inside the case.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

All of the HAF cases should have one bottom-mounted PSU placement and a complimentary bottom-grill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    All of the HAF cases should have one bottom-mounted PSU placement and a complimentary bottom-grill.
    complimentary? so i paid extra for the bottom grills in my 800d and cosmos? wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    complimentary? so i paid extra for the bottom grills in my 800d and cosmos? wtf
    --you damn well know what I mean, or so I hope. Sorry for messing up teh engrish.