10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    That is a lot of purple
    That is not enough purple, more like!

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Post time is 24sec.
    Figure out the post time? 24 seconds seems long mine seems to post pretty fast

- - - Updated - - -

Got mine 99% done might as well post it

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
    mobo: Gigabyte Aorus x570 elite w/wifi
    PSU: Corsair 650 (semi modular)
    Ram: 2x16gb Corsair Vengence 3200
    Main OS drive: Samsung Evo 970 plus M2 NvME 500gb
    Secondary storage: Samsung 860 1TB SSD (mainly for games)
    GPU: Nvidia Gefore GTX 970 (Definitely the bottleneck with 2 4k monitors but will hold me over till i decide on 2070 or 2080 leaning towards the 2080).

Considering a Tertiary drive tobe a 1tb spinning Western Digital Black drive but might keep that in my old build for a home server... Im considering the options there. Its mainly for video storage.
    "We Choose Truth over Facts" - Joe Biden
    "You're too old to vote for me" - Joe Biden

We need to completely demolish MAGAFT

Ryzen 3800x(why? 3700x was oos)
    Gigabyte Aorus wifi pro x570
    Nvidia gtx980(planning on upgrading to a 5800xt/5900xt(after pricing and benchmarks are released), a 2080 super, or waiting for 3080 to come out(again will wait on pricing and benchmarks))
    Evga supernova 850w bronze(part of my orginal build with 4790k/gtx770, will be upgrading to a 1000w gold soonish)
    Corsair vengeance 3200 ddr4
    Corsair h100i cooler(using stock Ryzen cooler atm, reason? See next item)
    Coolermaster Storm Case(didn’t buy a new case when upgrading to my new pc cuz I though I had enough room for a 240 radiator but saw that I ran into a problem when trying to install my h100i,yes I tried the front as well. The tubing is a tad bit too big to place there as well.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    Figure out the post time? 24 seconds seems long mine seems to post pretty fast
    In the past, I've played around with fast boot/ultra-fast boot but that has never resulted in significantly faster post times. Now that Windows removed the option to restart into UEFI I can't justify disabling the ability to get into there. (without having to clear CMOS).

I'm just going to wait for UEFI updates and hope one of them decreases post time.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Recently migrated from a Mid ATX tower down to ITX(ish) with a H200. For gaming purposes which is my main draw, I didn't feel the upgrade path to Ryzen 3 was worth it since I already have a 8700k and game at 1440p. Down the road I'll reassess my needs which will depend on whether or not the industry actually moves ahead with using higher core count but for now and likely the next several years I'll be fine.

Specs are:

Intel i7-8700k @ 4.8ghz (shit lottery)
    RTX 2080 Super Hybrid @ Clock +105/ Memory +600
    Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 3200MHz 32GB
    AsRock Z390M Phantom Gaming-ITX/AC
    Corsair SF750 Platinum
    256GB SX8200 Pro boot
    2TB Intel 660p mass drive
    NZXT H200
    AOC AGON AG271QG 165hz G-Sync monitor
    Dell 19" shitter flank

I managed to pack in a 280mm Corsair H110i which is officially unsupported and used Kryonaut until I can get it delided. With enough finness you can mostly get it to work although I think there's a slight alignment issue which I may get back in to to try and fix but as it stands it's still keeping my processor relatively cool but incredibly quiet when not pegging the processor at 100% (which is never outside of benchmarks).

First ITX system and it took me about seven hours to get everything right. I'd almost say it put me in retirement since there are a ton of nuisances I've never experienced with a mid tower. If I didn't have extension cables handy I wouldn't have even been able to finish it in one day since the 24-pin cable was too short. Cable management in general was hit or miss when it comes to what you can see when looking in to it but there are limitations to the ITX board such as having to put the front USB3 header under the 24-pin rather than tucked away on the bottom and the USB2.0 connection for the pump was janky but the GPU radiator blocks that. The top left corner needs to be cleaned up too. Again, Nuisances.

Not a fan of RGB so that's probably -1205 points for some. I need a new mouse mat too as this one is getting a bit grungy.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2019-08-17 at 11:53 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Not a fan of RGB so that's probably -1205 points for some. I need a new mouse mat too as this one is getting a bit grungy.
    As much RGB as I have, I can honestly go either way. But my biggest issue is that it just looks boring. All black all the time isn't a very fun colour combination, even with the 2 LEDs you didn't manage to get rid of.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    As much RGB as I have, I can honestly go either way. But my biggest issue is that it just looks boring. All black all the time isn't a very fun colour combination, even with the 2 LEDs you didn't manage to get rid of.
    I will admit that I am a fan of utilitarian designs and would even opt for a tinted tg panel if it were an option like the Meshify C. I should elaborate that I don't hate RGB when the color combination is minimal but when I go over to /r/battlestations and see builds which have 18 different colors from cables to strips and everything in between it just looks like a clown threw up at a circus.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2019-08-18 at 07:52 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will admit that I am a fan of utilitarian designs and would even opt for a tinted tg panel if it were an option like the Meshify C. I should elaborate that I don't hate RGB when the color combination is minimal but when I go over to /r/battlestations and see builds which have 18 different colors from cables to strips and everything in between it just looks like a clown threw up at a circus.
    Oh yeah, I agree.

You can see mine above. I probably do have a bit too many strips in there, but all the light is set to purple with a black PCB, and white/black cables. I think it's fine like that (though the strips did play rainbow puke while I was leaktesting, it's in the video).

RGB is nice because of the customization, not because of the unicorn vomit it does when you let them all glow different colours.

If I could've gotten purple PCBs/shrouds for other things I would've too and could've cut down on the amount of strips I'm using

Clean builds are sexy. RGB is nice and all and i have lots but it's cool when it's consistent, not random flashy stuff all around.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

FE card was in stock again:

Isn't she a beaut?
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2019-08-23 at 09:29 AM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by firehazemt View Post
    my new build:

cpu: i9 9900k
    mb: asrock z390 taichi ultimate
    ram: 32 gig g.skill trident z 3200
    ps: corsair rm 750
    os drive: 500gig 970 evo nvme
    storage drive: 1tb 860 evo ssd
    vid card: asus rog 1660ti oc
    case: cougar panzer
    case fans: tt pure plus
    cpu cooling: tt floe riing 360mm push pull
    pri monitor: 27 msi curved 1080p
    sec monitor: 27 hp 1080p
    mouse: logitech g502 hero
    keyboard: steelseries merc stealth

i know i could have went with a 2060 or 2070 vid card but meh i game at 1080p and figured the 1660ti would be just fine and it has been. havent really messed with oc quite yet but i will.
    Why did you go for a asrock z390 taichi ultimate, when the Gigabyte z390 master is a better board and cost the same?.
    And seriously a i9 9900k AND a GTX 1660 ti????
    Last edited by pansertjald; 2019-08-24 at 06:20 PM.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Why did you go for a asrock z390 taichi ultimate, when the Gigabyte z390 master is a better board and cost the same?.
    Tbh I haven’t had any issues with the mb or vid card. The cpu I’ll end up having for a long time and I can upgrade the card later on. Plus I didn’t need the extras in the rtx cards. I’m very happy with this build.

- - - Updated - - -

My last build was a 2600k and gtx 570 so pretty much anything would have been an upgrade lol

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I haven’t had any issues with the mb or vid card. The cpu I’ll end up having for a long time and I can upgrade the card later on. Plus I didn’t need the extras in the rtx cards. I’m very happy with this build.

- - - Updated - - -

My last build was a 2600k and gtx 570 so pretty much anything would have been an upgrade lol
    The CPU is fine. it's Intels storngest desktop CPU and the best CPU for wow along with the i7 9700k. but putting it together with a low end GFX card is just very weird
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

The CPU is fine. it's Intels storngest desktop CPU and the best CPU for wow along with the i7 9700k. but putting it together with a low end GFX card is just very weird
    Doubt it would make a big difference in WoW unless you start ramping up render scaling and AA + SSAO settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoriangun View Post
    Doubt it would make a big difference in WoW unless you start ramping up render scaling and AA + SSAO settings.
    It probably won't, but it's still just a very weird pc.. Built ONLY for WoW rather than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn’t say the 1660ti is low end though...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn’t say the 1660ti is low end though...
    It's low mid-tier at best.

Anything below the xx50 series is garbage tier (for gaming, it's an entirely different question if you just want display outs)
    xx50-xx60 is low
    xx60-xx70 is mid (2060 in this generation)
    xx80 is high
    xx80ti / titan is very high
    Last edited by Temp name; 2019-08-24 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    It probably won't, but it's still just a very weird pc.. Built ONLY for WoW rather than anything else.
    Dunno, I don't always say a computer made for 1 game seems odd when you consider, building a computer for the amount of time being used to entertain you.

I have a crap ton of games on Steam, doesn't mean I play them for example .

Its all about the time spent/£€$.

Upgraded to dual monitors for the first time in my life. Left is my new IPS 1440P, right is the old TN 1080p. Didn't realize how washed out the TN was until they were side by side.