The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to build in one of those microwave cases. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Get an actual microwave to do it in, for giggles!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Get an actual microwave to do it in, for giggles!
    Well... if my family ever decides to replace our Tappan branded microwave, manufactured in January 1989... yeah before I was even born(!) then I might just use that. Honestly though, it's been a good microwave, no issues at all yet, so we'll see if the time ever comes. O_o
    "A flower.

...is it wrong for me to now think deeply of how to build such a computer?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it is not. Carry on! :P
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    A case is nothing but a box with mobo+psu+fan mounting holes drilled into it, and some openings for fans (with mesh/grill if you like)....rest is up to you :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Hi McFrotton is about to show you is little baby YAY 2 weeks old build. Enjoy! (deleted my first reply and made the picture appear at a good size now )

Keyboard: Merc stealth

Mouse: razer mamba

Headset: plantronic gamecom 335

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster T220

Case: Corsair carbide series 400R

Cooling: Corsair H80

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k @4.8 GHz

Mobo: Asrock e3g3

Ram: corsair vengeance low profile 2x4GB (8GB)

PSU: Antec earthwatt 650W

GPU: HiS IceQ radeon HD 6950 2GB (OC at 940MHz core clock and 1560 memory clock + shader unlocked)

oh and since there must always be somthign to upgrade .....500GB caviar blue and two 320GB green WD drive (intellipoint shit for storage, got them for free)

Here are the picutres

My game space:

The GF game space:

Our combined game space YEAH:

My computer exoskeleton(front and side view):

The inside first view(tried to do a good cable routing job):

Corsair H80 and their friend corsair ram (they love to chit-chat )uper computer section close up:

Green power supply with lower computer section close up:

And corsair H80 close up :

This is my brand new baby, of course I plan to remove the HiS 6950 2gb for the next 7xxx series and I will put 2 of them in crossfire setup and I will fill the 2 last ram slot with 8 more GB (just to fill it up since ram is cheap and I wont wait that a flood take the ram storage out lol), Will swap the CPU for the next gen ivybridge if its worth it, and my GF will have brand new GPU +cpu+ (well a new almost new computer lol).

BUT first thing on my list is a 120GB SSD might even save more for a larger one(bigger capacity right).

Prefilled liquidcoolers saving space inside the case? Colour me doubtful.

Deleted
    Hmm, I'd post my system, but I'm 99% sure it'll get flamed since I'm not a hardware expert and had to do the research myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Keadin84 View Post
    Hmm, I'd post my system, but I'm 99% sure it'll get flamed since I'm not a hardware expert and had to do the research myself...
    I'm 99% sure that you wouldn't, and if you would be flamed, I could always reach for the infraction-button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Hi McFrotton is about to show you is little baby YAY 2 weeks old build. Enjoy! (deleted my first reply and made the picture appear at a good size now )

<snip snip snip snip snip>
    Great cable management! Carbide is overall such a great case for the price...and that has to be the first time I've seen the CPU cut-out extend further than the mobo :O you could've probably pushed the 24-pin power cable through that gap! Did the case come with that bottom fan or did you install it yourself? Hope it has a filter, sitting on the floor like that the case could suck up a lot of dust pretty quickly.
    Earthwatts 650w is a solid PSU but I don't think it'll power two 7000 series GPU's, you'll have to upgrade that.

Also looking at the general choice of monitors around here, I have to conclude that Syncmasters RULE \m/

You're only flaming yourself here nobody else is going to do it, really (not without getting infracted/banned anyway). Have you seen any flaming in this thread? I thought not. So post specs and pics NOW or I will FLAME YOU with my burning red signature/avatar! Hssssssss
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-11-15 at 07:07 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually agree with tetrisGOAT! (Whoa!) :P

Post away dude! Or if you don't know the hardware specs but know like the product number from say Gateway or some brand like that, we can look it up for ya.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Aight then, let's see what you lot think then (and yes, I know it's overkill for pretty much anything out there right now :P) I did some of these specs from memory, I can't seem to find the exact brands and stuff anymore... But the most important thing for me was to build something that would last several years, but at the same time be quiet. Some GPUs make an excessive amount of noise, but I succeeded in the noise department. So here goes:

Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840 with 2 extra fans
    Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
    CPU: Intel i7-2600k (I compared this with the i5 for a while, but it doesn't look like the difference is very big so I went with the e-peen option)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
    RAM: 8 gigs (don't remember the brand, it's probably too cheap to fully utilise the mobo and stuff like that xD Not that I run applications that even need 8 gigs...)
    Harddisk: 180 gig OCZ Vertex 2 SSD + Hitachi HDS722020ALA330
    GPU: MSi GeForce GTX 580 Twin Frozr II OC x 2
    Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion (getting it to work was a complete nightmare btw)
    Speakers: Logitech Z906
    Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster S27A550H
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-B123L
    PSU: 1k watt, a Club3D one I think.

And to top it off I have a cheap, standard keyboard and mouse.

I think that's about it. You may now unleash the superior eyes of the all-mighty über-nerd on my inferior system specs :P

PS: I'll see if I can dig up some pics and find some place to upload them.

An occasional smartass, however, is rather frequent.
    /flee

Anyway, getting refund soon'ish as the bathroom is nearly finished. 3 months with extremely limited access to shower, clothes-washing, etc? Heh, it's about 1/3rd of the rent too.

Thoughts on what to spend that on? We've not decided on a final sum yet, but ~3k NOK is slightly expected, 5k if my roomie gets his wish. This does not translate directly into dollars if we're talking computer parts, so I'm ballparking a guess at it being roughly the equivalent of ~400 bucks in computer parts. D:

Gonna at least spend some of it to finish a computer that sits behind me, but after that I'm a bit at a loss.

Deleted
    I think that's about it. You may now unleash the superior eyes of the all-mighty über-nerd on my inferior system specs :P

PS: I'll see if I can dig up some pics and find some place to upload them.
    i think people were expecting you to post a gateway "Gaming" system or something of the sort... LOL nice system dude. Imgur is a good upload site.

10+ Year Old Account
    my inferior system specs
    Doesn't compute.... the way you were talking earlier it was as if your system was something shoddy, which in no right is it.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dkimxd View Post
    i think people were expecting you to post a gateway "Gaming" system or something of the sort... LOL nice system dude. Imgur is a good upload site.
    Oh thanks. No, I really wanted to build it from scratch, I used Alternate for that. I browsed a ton of websites for systems, but most premade systems with the specs that met my ridiculous standards were at least as expensive with some inferior parts + excluding stuff like sound and screen and things like that. So I decided to build one myself, which was quite overwhelming since it was my first time.

If there's ever a next time I'm sure I'll know stuff I didn't when I built this one :P

Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post

3456x1680 resolution. Yes, 2 feet tall by 3 feet wide. 22" screens in Portrait mode.
    The glare isn't there. I got free upgrades to the 2209 which fixes that.

OCZ Agility 2 120GB SSD

There is not a single multiple monitor setup I have seen that is better than using a new flatpanel of similar size connected with HDMI. If you need to be doing two different things on two monitors, that is one thing, but putting the same thing across 3 screens is just pointless when you can get a much better experience with a flat panel TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    There is not a single multiple monitor setup I have seen that is better than using a new flatpanel of similar size connected with HDMI. If you need to be doing two different things on two monitors, that is one thing, but putting the same thing across 3 screens is just pointless when you can get a much better experience with a flat panel TV.
    1) Your Flat-Panel TV is well.... FLAT... it doesn't curve.... So seeing stuff at the edges becomes an issue if you plan to be less than 3m away....
    2) Your Flat-Panel TV will likely only have at best a 1920 x 1080 resolution compared to the 3456 x 1680 in the picture you quoted.
    3) Your Flat-Panel TV will have terrible response times for gaming.

Granted, most people would generally opt for slimmer/no bezel but that's not very often possible. I myself tend to overlap the bezels. It takes some getting used to ... but I find it preferable to a large black "gap"

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't HDMI pretty much the exact same as DVI except it can put audio through the monitor's speakers? ^_<

Btw, displayport > HDMI.
    "A flower.