10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    I have my doubts about the PSU tho, seems you saved some money there..... Which I wouldnt have.....
    What's wrong with it? 85-86% efficiency, below 50mvtt ripple. Sound level arround 35dB (not really audible), and it's sufficient for this system.
    It's fine really.

Thanks for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Stayed true to the colorscheme, even with the Zotac. Too bad there's no window to appreciate the build.
    I've waffled on buying the windowed side panel. Some say it has made their GPU temps skyrocket.

I built it with low power and silence in mind. The fan runs at 20% (PWM) and the CoolIt pump at 60%. They will ramp up to 100% @ 60* on the CPU, but I've never seen it hit higher than 52* while gaming (36* idle). The CoolIt ECO is essentially the Corsair H60 and the pump cavitates at 100% (3500 RPM ). It's an obnoxious noise.

The intakes are all passive. The 140mm fan (120mm mounts) is slightly larger than the radiator. It does a surprisingly good job of exhausting case air and cooling the radiator. It's completely inaudible (unless the CPU hits 60*) including the GPU (which was a surprise).

I've been very happy with it. The whole build was about $875 with the keyboard and mouse. I already had the monitor and OS.

I have my doubts about the PSU tho, seems you saved some money there..... Which I wouldnt have.....
    The original build was for a GTX 660. Someone bought the card from me for more than I paid for it and I got the GTX 770 as a demo from a weekend computer expo for $300.

Regardless, total system draw while gaming is somewhere in the neighborhood of 280w. The PSU is rated at a combined 12v+ of 384w. I've been keeping my eye on it, but so far I haven't noticed any issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Not a fan of the red case but that's a really nice and clean build *thumbs up*
    I actually bought a white Prodigy originally. My last build was in a white Corsair 600T (Link). After I thought about it, I decided I wanted to do something different than the last time.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    jmt, I love it. I'd have to get used to a red box, but I could see that being a great LAN rig!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    jmt, I love it. I'd have to get used to a red box, but I could see that being a great LAN rig!
    Thanks. It's the complete opposite end of the spectrum from my old 600T with CF 4890s and a 1035T. My feet get cold under my desk, now and I can actually hear the speakers on my monitor.

- - - Updated - - -

For kicks, here's what happened to the white case.

• White Bitfenix Prodigy Case
    • Biostar TH61 ITX Motherboard
    • Intel i3-2100 CPU
    • 8GB PNY DDR3-1333
    • 750GB Samsung Spinpoint M8 HDD
    • ASUS GTX 660 OC GPU
    • Corsair CX430 PSU
    • NZXT T40 CPU Cooler
    • LG 24X DVD-R/W Optical Drive
    • Bitfenix Spectre 120mm Fans (x3)

One fan was set up as exhaust, one on the top mount blowing down on the CPU cooler as an intake, and the third was mounted to the CPU cooler. The intake and exhaust were running at 60% and the cooler was at 100%. The build, including the GPU, was inaudible. Bitfenix fans are surprisingly quiet.

I had a lot of the parts already (from an HTPC that never was). Everything was essentially new and I finished it out and sold it for $550. It actually turned out to be quite the budget gamer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nicely done! Looks great! $550 is definitely not too bad for all of that, either!
    "A flower.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'm more concerned about the cable management there. It looks a bit like a mess. :P
    There is no cable management, that's the biggest problem with the case. There is quite literally nowhere to tuck cables unless I take out my 3.5 inch hard drive and shove them all in there, which I attempted to do with the drive in place, since my SSD and Momentus XT drives are mounted above the 5.25 inch bays. Also, the Seasonic cables for my PSU aren't exactly the most flexible things in the world, nor are they the smallest. I wish the 8 pin connector for my MB had been longer so I could have tucked it away better. But I digress, I will try and work on it if I can get some better cables, I need better SATA power ribbons that are more flexible and getting a longer 8 pin connector would be nice, my PSU is fully modular so it would be nice to have the right lengths of cable for the case.

TL;DR, need better cables.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    What's wrong with it? 85-86% efficiency, below 50mvtt ripple. Sound level arround 35dB (not really audible), and it's sufficient for this system.
    It's fine really.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt View Post
    The original build was for a GTX 660. Someone bought the card from me for more than I paid for it and I got the GTX 770 as a demo from a weekend computer expo for $300.

Regardless, total system draw while gaming is somewhere in the neighborhood of 280w. The PSU is rated at a combined 12v+ of 384w. I've been keeping my eye on it, but so far I haven't noticed any issues.
    I just dont like the whole CX line, even tho they seem to have got better now. And I would rather have some extra headroom and would have gotten with a 550 watt model.

But seeing as you already got it, its fine I guess. But its a personal thing for me Really nice looking build tho

Well, it's a 384w PSU and it should handle the GTX 770, even the AMP!-version.

Either way, that red BitFenix Prodigy? Looks so much better than the other ones. This one looks good. And I'm a guy who's quite sceptical to Prodigies in general. But that red looks so good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just dont like the whole CX line, even tho they seem to have got better now. And I would rather have some extra headroom and would have gotten with a 550 watt model.
    There is no point to extra headroom. His bitfenix-case, or motherboard for that matter, does not allow any expansions. His CPU does not allow for overclocking and 430W is enough to OC the graphics card a little. But i doubt the airflow is sufficient enough. What extra headroom does do however, is ruin the efficiency of most power supplies. You want to be in the 40-60% load region for maximum efficiency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a new microphone.

Was annoyed with all the clutter the mixer gave and the sound just wasn't there, plus a bit of white noise. Had for 3 days, a Samson Q1U... that was better, but still a good chunk of background noise, plus for some reason, with it, Fraps only had mic sound coming in the left ear after recording. O.o Game sound still came in both. >_< This microphone has fixed it though.

The glorious and sainted Blue Snowball USB microphone.

"A flower.

I don't want to sound too critical of your purchase choice Deltrus.. But there are several
    better choices in terms of USB microphones for the Blue Snowball's price.
    Even something as simple as an Audio Technica AT2020 would of been a better choice purely from a physical specs stand point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that microphone almost looks like a piece of art :O
    Gratz on the purchase.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Wow, that microphone almost looks like a piece of art :O
    Gratz on the purchase.
    Vintage mic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    I don't want to sound too critical of your purchase choice Deltrus.. But there are several
    better choices in terms of USB microphones for the Blue Snowball's price.
    Even something as simple as an Audio Technica AT2020 would of been a better choice purely from a physical specs stand point.
    Actually no. I got the mic for $70, the AT2020 would have been $130 on Amazon. $150 where I was already on store credit. (Sam Ash musical instruments)

At least with this, and with the sales going on right now, I could go back on Thursday and drop another $20~ to upgrade to the Yeti because musiciansfriend.com has the Yeti on sale for $95~.

But I am pretty darn happy with the sound, to be fair!

In this video I had the mic at 50% in the control panel, but I've since dropped it to around 20~ so it shouldn't pick up as much, if any background noise, and focus in on my voice more.
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2013-08-06 at 05:17 PM.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    samson seem really good for mics, picked up a samson gomic, very happy with it, also gz on the purchase

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, never had a problem really with Samson before. I've had their S-Mix 5 channel mixer twice, great mixer for $50. I also have one of their older analog microphones, an M15, that is decent, though not a high end one. My shining gem of Samson gear though are the MediaONE 3a studio monitor speakers. Now they are beasts, in very tiny packages!
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Actually no. I got the mic for $70, the AT2020 would have been $130 on Amazon. $150 where I was already on store credit. (Sam Ash musical instruments)
    That's interesting.. My local music shop sells them for 65$ each, with the Snowball being a very similar price.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my Blue Snowball, the stand and removeable USB jack is especially useful for putting it to the side when not in use.

I had a $1 mic from dx.com before that, so thats already a huge improvement :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by CheezusCrust View Post
    I love my Blue Snowball, the stand and removeable USB jack is especially useful for putting it to the side when not in use.

I had a $1 mic from dx.com before that, so thats already a huge improvement :P
    I can get it for 35$ where I work, Im hesitating a lot lol
    My first build:
    Storage: Kingston SSD Now V200+ 120G and WD Caviar Blue HDD 500 G
    Processing Units: i5-3570k @ 3.8 Ghz cooled by 212 Evo and MSI Twin Frozr 3, R7850 @ 900, 1200
    Mobo, Ram, PSU Gigabyte Z77-D3H and G.Skill ripjaw 2x 4G with XFX 550w
    If I am unreadable, its not because I hate grammar, its because Im french-canadian

Cyanotical told me this wasn't going to work.

Nothing cut out from the panel though, and nothing is fixed in place, just vague demonstration. I need to make a new roof and motherboard plate, but the biggest problem with that is finding some motherlover that'll do the bends of the metal sheet plate(s) I've got...

My only concern is if I've got to install the motherboard further inside or not. As it stands I'm ever so slightly concerned that the graphics card is significantly wider than the PCI slot, and having space to install the screws to secure the cards in place.