The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidor View Post
    Sanding and evening out the top of the IHS on my 2500K shaved off 4C, it takes quite some time but it's worth it if you're bothered. I also religiously polish and clean the surface of both the cooling unit and the CPU IHS, you would be amazed at how much crap copper gathers in it's surface layers! I'm making a mental note to take pictures of the next time I'm doing this so you can see
    The difference between an i5-2500K and i5-4670K is going to be night and day, as the Sandy Bridge CPU doesn't have the issues the Haswell does.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    To all you regulars of this thread: Which one of you has the "best" computer? Whether best means nicest looking, fastest or most expensive is for you to decide.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    To all you regulars of this thread: Which one of you has the "best" computer? Whether best means nicest looking, fastest or most expensive is for you to decide.
    I don't understand the purpose of this question and all you'll get is "spam" and a moderator telling "us" to take it somewhere else. Besides we can end it here already since I have the best computer, mostly because I decided it is.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2014-02-13 at 06:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cyanotical and that one dude, who posted maybe 5-10 pages ago with 3*Dell U3011s and the fancy monitor for 3D touch screen graphical drawing.
    "A flower.

Aww, I don't qualify?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    That's already three variables on which to judge a computer, meaning a singular winner is already impossible. Aside from the fact that "best" computer is based on personal preference.

What Notarget said; I agree with him unironically. My system is the best, because it serves my niches better than any other system on here.

Deleted
    Here it go

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/32...0/img2027h.jpg

Asus Max Hero VI - i7 4770 - 16gb ram - Evga GTX 780 OC - 256g ssd 840 pro + 5tb sata storage.

Deleted
    Might wanna thumbnail/resize that before mods handle it for you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Might wanna thumbnail/resize that before mods handle it for you
    Posted as a link =)

Dynex 520W Power Supply
    Corsair Hydro H100 CPU Liquid Cooler
    ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Motherboard
    AMD FX-9370 Vishera 4.4GHz Socket AM3+ 220W Eight-Core Desktop Processor - Black Edition
    PNY XLR8 PRO 2.5" 480GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (Pre-ordered)
    Western Digital 250gb HD
    Samsung 1TB HD
    G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory
    Msi Nvidia GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB DDR5
    2 Blu-ray XL Burners
    1 DVD Burner
    71-in-1 Memory Card Reader with 4 USB 3.0 Port (Replaces 5.25" Drive Bay)
    Computer Case w/ Blue LED Side posts and LCD Temperature Guage with LED Status

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsidrink View Post
    This system hurts my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    This system hurts my brain.
    lol.. why?

- - - Updated - - -

I was going to get the ASrock extreme 9, but then the seller cancelled it and I couldnt find one that wasnt like 200 so i just bought that one

10+ Year Old Account
    lol.. why?
    Parts chosen are overpriced.

EDIT:
    Also that power supply is heavily underpowered. It's (supposed to) have 420W on the 12V rails. That 9370 systemload alone is ~300W. Added the graphics card and you're already peaking the max load, not even adding in the rest of your hardware. Which is never a good idea on a cheap power supply.

I'd change that sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-02-13 at 08:21 PM.

Dynex 520W Power Supply
    AMD FX-9370 Vishera 4.4GHz Socket AM3+ 220W Eight-Core Desktop Processor - Black Edition
    Western Digital 250gb HD
    Samsung 1TB HD
    G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory
    2 Blu-ray XL Burners
    1 DVD Burner
    Have you bought this yet?
    Or are you asking for people's opinions?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Returned my r9 290 and got a gtx Asus 780Ti DCU2 OC instead, in my eyes that warrants a small pic update post ^^.

Will provide a pic of my updated desk aswell once my mother-in-law leaves.

Pretty happy with my rig now, finally got around to overclocking abit my cpu abit aswell.
    Now I just need to find something demanding to play

PS: Anyone able to help me out with the corsair logo? I am supposed to be able to change the colour of it, but for some reason the corsair software wont let me. (corsair h100i)

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Have you bought this yet?
    Or are you asking for people's opinions?

Its what I bought. If I spoke to anyone about it before I bought it they would say how intel is cooler and uses less power but doesnt have as many cores nor is the power consumption more then negligable. People who are really uneducated about it. And to the post above the power consumption of the processor is only 200w plus the manufacturer states I can go as low as 450w. So, it is really more than what I need. Thanks anyway.

While I despise those bums obsessing over AMD/Intel or AMD/nVidia... The 9370 is merely a 8350 with a higher clock, while the pricetag is significantly higher for no good reason. I wouldn't mind suggesting an 8350 to you, but the 9370 definitely wanders right into waste-of-money territory.

Especially when your powersupply is so low and the graphics cards such a weak one. You could've very likely gained a noticeable benefit from getting a better graphics card instead, or gained a more reputable powersupply that the average system-builder can more readily recommend.

But with that said, what's done is done, as mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    While I despise those bums obsessing over AMD/Intel or AMD/nVidia... The 9370 is merely a 8350 with a higher clock, while the pricetag is significantly higher for no good reason. I wouldn't mind suggesting an 8350 to you, but the 9370 definitely wanders right into waste-of-money territory.

Especially when your powersupply is so low and the graphics cards such a weak one. You could've very likely gained a noticeable benefit from getting a better graphics card instead, or gained a more reputable powersupply that the average system-builder can more readily recommend.

But with that said, what's done is done, as mentioned.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Yes it is from the fx series, and no it is not an over clock 8350. I dont see any 8350s pushing over 5ghz over clocked which the 9370 does. And the power supply isnt low unless you think 520w is a waste but then again some idiot giving his opinion only makes him look more dumb. And as far as the video card I get 120 fps on ultra sitting in org so its all good bro when I want your opinion ill give it to you. And fyi, my last dynex power supply i bought 5 years ago which is 400w and guess what it still works perfectly today lets see if you friends can reccomend one that outlasts the computer k bro
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-02-14 at 02:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dynex 520W Power Supply
    Western Digital 250gb HD
    Samsung 1TB HD
    2 Blu-ray XL Burners
    1 DVD Burner
    Dynex power supply... inb4 explosions and fire.
    Liquid cooler that is known to have problems and will likely break on you in less than a year.
    CPU that is just an overclocked 8350, you could have bought the 8350 and overclocked it to 4.4GHz yourself and saved a shit load of money.
    SSD from PNY, anything from PNY, *bad memories come flooding back to my mind, no no NOOOOOO!!!!*
    WD 250GB HDD... how old is it? I suggest you replace it soon if it's old. It's probably going to be rather slow, either way.
    16GB of 2133MHz RAM? What do you need this for above a 1600MHz pack?
    650 Ti BOOST 2GB... cool, a GPU core that cannot even use 2GB of VRAM because it's that slow and lower memory bus bandwidth... this is where you should have spent more money.
    2 Blu-Ray burners?! WHY?!
    And a DVD burner?! You know 1 blu-ray burner would have done both tasks just fine, right?
    oh boy, LEDs.

I saw your post basically bashing the people suggesting Intel or AMD or whatever, and they being uneducated about it, no, I'm sorry Mr "pepsidrink" but you are the one that is uneducated about this. Enjoy your already 1-2 year old hardware that should not even be being sold anymore, I wish, I truly wish, we could have guided you to spend your money more wisely. I guess you're happy with your ignorant ego, though, so enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

You have no idea what you are talking about. Yes it is from the fx series, and no it is not an over clock 8350. I dont see any 8350s pushing over 5ghz over clocked which the 9370 does. And the power supply isnt low unless you think 520w is a waste but then again some idiot giving his opinion only makes him look more dumb. And as far as the video card I get 120 fps on ultra sitting in org so its all good bro when I want your opinion ill give it to you.
    lol, so you must be on a server like Zangarmarsh or other dead one? Enjoy.

And Drunkenvalley has been building PCs for a long while, and I can tell you didn't build yours, you went to some crap website like ibuypower.com and had them build you some overpriced junk. Enjoy, again.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Dynex power supply... inb4 explosions and fire.
    Liquid cooler that is known to have problems and will likely break on you in less than a year.
    CPU that is just an overclocked 8350, you could have bought the 8350 and overclocked it to 4.4GHz yourself and saved a shit load of money.
    SSD from PNY, anything from PNY, *bad memories come flooding back to my mind, no no NOOOOOO!!!!*
    WD 250GB HDD... how old is it? I suggest you replace it soon if it's old. It's probably going to be rather slow, either way.
    16GB of 2133MHz RAM? What do you need this for above a 1600MHz pack?
    650 Ti BOOST 2GB... cool, a GPU core that cannot even use 2GB of VRAM because it's that slow and lower memory bus bandwidth... this is where you should have spent more money.
    2 Blu-Ray burners?! WHY?!
    And a DVD burner?! You know 1 blu-ray burner would have done both tasks just fine, right?
    oh boy, LEDs.

I saw your post basically bashing the people suggesting Intel or AMD or whatever, and they being uneducated about it, no, I'm sorry Mr "pepsidrink" but you are the one that is uneducated about this. Enjoy your already 1-2 year old hardware that should not even be being sold anymore, I wish, I truly wish, we could have guided you to spend your money more wisely. I guess you're happy with your ignorant ego, though, so enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

lol, so you must be on a server like Zangarmarsh or other dead one? Enjoy.

And Drunkenvalley has been building PCs for a long while, and I can tell you didn't build yours, you went to some crap website like ibuypower.com and had them build you some overpriced junk. Enjoy, again.
    wow another idiot flaming fag,, my guess is you are posting from multiple accounts to back yourself up because guess what i play on a heavy pop realm and no you are misguided about everything it seems. I have been making pcs since windows 3.1. What he reccomends to others is his problem not mine. Dont try to bullshit me either because I know you fags problem let him give you computer advice and no my hardware isnt that old. I just bought the hard drive like i dunno 6 months ago. And guess what I have a 40gb hd from 2000 that still works and guess what the name is? Hitachi. People probably still think its crap and went thru atleast 10 hard drives no but guess what i dont act like you and download illegal shit so i dont need more than 100 gb really. Why not have 2 blu ray drives they are hella fast and they support the 120gb discs for when i backup. The dvd is still there even though its like a year old because i have 4 bays and i didnt want an open space there really is no other reason.. is this ok with you? i didnt know i had to check with you first

Infracted. Please disagree without the name calling in the future.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2014-02-13 at 10:16 PM.