10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Thanks Hopefully it gets better in a few years when i'll try and meddle with custom loops :P
    @Temp name i found that Alphacool has really good prices compared to other brands, while being a reputable one. Maybe i'll lose in design/fancyness but i have already the RGB fans so Plus they sell UV reactive rigid tubes :P
    Oh yeah, Alphacool make decent stuff, it just doesn't look very good imo. Bought tubing from them because it's so cheap (~1euro per meter compared to 3euro elsewhere).

Might go with them next time, depending on what case I use though, at least for GPU blocks, since you can't really see the front of them anyway unless you vertically mount

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Oh yeah, Alphacool make decent stuff, it just doesn't look very good imo. Bought tubing from them because it's so cheap (~1euro per meter compared to 3euro elsewhere).

Might go with them next time, depending on what case I use though, at least for GPU blocks, since you can't really see the front of them anyway unless you vertically mount
    The GPU block is the only thing i wouldn't buy from them. For the rest, CPU blocks, rads, pumps they all look the same to me. I'm more than fine with a simple black block and pump. I also like the fact they have a super compact pump/res combo which is great for my project.

EDIT: they also do X-flow rads which is good since you can have intake and outtake on either side.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    The GPU block is the only thing i wouldn't buy from them. For the rest, CPU blocks, rads, pumps they all look the same to me. I'm more than fine with a simple black block and pump. I also like the fact they have a super compact pump/res combo which is great for my project.

EDIT: they also do X-flow rads which is good since you can have intake and outtake on either side.
    Oh yeah, the x-flow rads are nice. I really should get some of those, would make my runs *so* much cleaner.

Why not buy their gpu blocks though?

Oh yeah, the x-flow rads are nice. I really should get some of those, would make my runs *so* much cleaner.

Why not buy their gpu blocks though?
    Cause they don't look good It's not really a quality matter. I really like the Corsair ones - sleek, some rgb/plexy but not over the top full crystal stuff. I am also wondering if i am able to make someone craft a custom distro plate for the backside of the O11. That would save me so much space and would be absolutely stunning.

Maybe someone has created something like that already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause they don't look good It's not really a quality matter. I really like the Corsair ones - sleek, some rgb/plexy but not over the top full crystal stuff. I am also wondering if i am able to make someone craft a custom distro plate for the backside of the O11. That would save me so much space and would be absolutely stunning.

Maybe someone has created something like that already.
    Ooh, I hate the Corsair ones. I'm really not a fan of their design, just looks tacky to me. I prefer full plexi or fully covered, not that mix they got.

And depending on custom you want it, and what you mean by backside, there's a bunch of distro plates for the o11 already, EK also makes some, but that's for the front.
    Parvumsystems might do up something custom? They normally do it for their own cases for like a 140 euro surcharge, they might do it for another case for a higher price. Outside of that you're looking at any store that does custom plexi cutting, or if you want TG.. Yeah you're probably out of luck unless you're willing to shell out a shit ton of money (Like 3-500+.. Glass is an ass)

Ooh, I hate the Corsair ones. I'm really not a fan of their design, just looks tacky to me. I prefer full plexi or fully covered, not that mix they got.

And depending on custom you want it, and what you mean by backside, there's a bunch of distro plates for the o11 already, EK also makes some, but that's for the front.
    Parvumsystems might do up something custom? They normally do it for their own cases for like a 140 euro surcharge, they might do it for another case for a higher price. Outside of that you're looking at any store that does custom plexi cutting, or if you want TG.. Yeah you're probably out of luck unless you're willing to shell out a shit ton of money (Like 3-500+.. Glass is an ass)
    Yeah it would be definitely plexi. The EKWB one for the front is perfect for the GPU loop - if i can fit a rad on the side as intake.

Otherwise i would just go with 2 of the compact DC5 pumps from alphacool because they're kinda nice, and it fits on the back of the case (there's only 80mm of space in width). My idea was to keep everything as much as straightforward as i could.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it would be definitely plexi. The EKWB one for the front is perfect for the GPU loop - if i can fit a rad on the side as intake.

Otherwise i would just go with 2 of the compact DC5 pumps from alphacool because they're kinda nice, and it fits on the back of the case (there's only 80mm of space in width). My idea was to keep everything as much as straightforward as i could.
    You should be able to fit a rad on the side. It's literally made to make watercooling easier, would be weird if they blocked off a third of the available space for rads at the same time

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Got the first two things for my water setup now. I can't decide on the RAD setup, so im gonna wait to order RADS. Im thinking about a EK-COOLSTREAM XE 360 TOP and a MAGICOOL 360 SLIM in the buttom

That looks like a penis pump with RGB leds.

Okay I'll show myself out.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

For GPU block i would go for this one. This is the one im getting. Gonna order it next friday.

HEATKILLER IV for RTX2080 - ACRYL NiR GB
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    For GPU block i would go for this one. This is the one im getting. Gonna order it next friday.

HEATKILLER IV for RTX2080 - ACRYL NiR GB
    Gonna repeat myself, not really a fan of those half see-through blocks, either make all of see-through or none of it!
    Oh well, I'm probably alone in that belief..

15+ Year Old Account
    Gonna repeat myself, not really a fan of those half see-through blocks, either make all of see-through or none of it!
    Im going with the Heatkiller because of it's performance. The top dogs are Heatkiller and AquaComputer. But AquaComputer just cost to much to make up for it's nr 1 spot, wich is not much more then the Heatkiller. I like the XSPC design, but it cost more then the Heatkiller and performance a little worse.

The Heatkiller cost less here in Denmark, then the EK and the heatkiller performance better then the EK
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

For me it's more a utility than an aesthetic thing. With a transparent window and possibly a flow indicator like in the Corsair waterblock i can always check if fluid is running correctly. I would keep rgb off aswell since i have plenty of it with fans and ram.

Anyway, i'm looking for a total black look. Transparent/UV reactive tubing (i have to find a UV reactive rigid tubing other than blue) but the rest should be as minimal as it gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im going with the Heatkiller because of it's performance. The top dogs are Heatkiller and AquaComputer. But AquaComputer just cost to much to make up for it's nr 1 spot, wich is not much more then the Heatkiller. I like the XSPC design, but it cost more then the Heatkiller and performance a little worse.

The Heatkiller cost less here in Denmark, then the EK and the heatkiller performance better then the EK
    I'm running the EK block and my GPU never goes above 50 even during stress tests. Performance of parts really don't matter anymore, everything is "close enough," in that you can just use whatever part you want and be fine.

My philosophy is that you should just get whatever you think looks nice, and I like the look of EK's stuff a lot.

For me it's more a utility than an aesthetic thing. With a transparent window and possibly a flow indicator like in the Corsair waterblock i can always check if fluid is running correctly. I would keep rgb off aswell since i have plenty of it with fans and ram.

Anyway, i'm looking for a total black look. Transparent/UV reactive tubing (i have to find a UV reactive rigid tubing other than blue) but the rest should be as minimal as it gets.
    UV reactive stuff is out of date, and from what little I understand of it, blue is just the easiest to do. I do wish you good luck with it though

UV reactive stuff is out of date, and from what little I understand of it, blue is just the easiest to do. I do wish you good luck with it though
    Personal preference XD Anyway, alphacool has them in stock, that's why i came up with the idea.

Otherwise, just clear tubes and liquid is more than fine. I don't want colors that aren't neutral because they i cannot play with RGB anymore. Reason why the custom cables i got are black/grey/white.

EDIT: reason why DC-LT, DDC and D5 pumps are so differently priced? Is D5 that much better?
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-11-22 at 10:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal preference XD Anyway, alphacool has them in stock, that's why i came up with the idea.

Otherwise, just clear tubes and liquid is more than fine. I don't want colors that aren't neutral because they i cannot play with RGB anymore. Reason why the custom cables i got are black/grey/white.

EDIT: reason why DC-LT, DDC and D5 pumps are so differently priced? Is D5 that much better?
    I don't really like coloured liquids. The dye tends to come out of solution if it sits still, so you need to keep it running a lot (and even while moving it can still do it).
    That said, I'll probably do some experiments with Mayhems dyes later (They seem to be the best when it comes to staying in solution) when I get the money to experiment

As for pumps: D5's are much, MUCH more reliable and quieter. For performance it's around the same between DDC and D5, haven't looked into DC-LT.

I don't really like coloured liquids. The dye tends to come out of solution if it sits still, so you need to keep it running a lot (and even while moving it can still do it).
    That said, I'll probably do some experiments with Mayhems dyes later (They seem to be the best when it comes to staying in solution) when I get the money to experiment

As for pumps: D5's are much, MUCH more reliable and quieter. For performance it's around the same between DDC and D5, haven't looked into DC-LT.
    I just think that colored liquids are only prone to "damage" the loop and you're going to have more maintenance, so it's a pass for me. And again, clear tubes/liquids means that they fit with any RGB effect of my choice. I've kinda of and OCD for consistent colors in my build.

And ok, i will hunt for D5 pumps. The combo i have eyed on alphacool comes in all 3 variants so there's the D5 - i just wanted to be sure to justify the investment. I0'm fine with spending more for more reliable components if the difference is high enough. I'll never spend the money for a G-SYNC montir since the freesync variants are just as good and much cheaper (BTW gonna buy the 144hz monitor this week).

10+ Year Old Account
    I just think that colored liquids are only prone to "damage" the loop and you're going to have more maintenance, so it's a pass for me. And again, clear tubes/liquids means that they fit with any RGB effect of my choice. I've kinda of and OCD for consistent colors in my build.

And ok, i will hunt for D5 pumps. The combo i have eyed on alphacool comes in all 3 variants so there's the D5 - i just wanted to be sure to justify the investment. I0'm fine with spending more for more reliable components if the difference is high enough. I'll never spend the money for a G-SYNC montir since the freesync variants are just as good and much cheaper (BTW gonna buy the 144hz monitor this week).
    As someone who went from 60 to 165 +Gsync last year.. I didn't even notice when I turned on gsync, but the framerate increase was noticeable.

I'm also starting to think we should just get a separate thread for the watercooling talking since it's kinda taking over this one atm

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who went from 60 to 165 +Gsync last year.. I didn't even notice when I turned on gsync, but the framerate increase was noticeable.

I'm also starting to think we should just get a separate thread for the watercooling talking since it's kinda taking over this one atm
    I think a sticky would be a good thing to have, so we could help each other with custom loops and share ideas and knowledge

Since things have been moved around and updated (added receiver, Wharfedales, and consoles).

(Click to embiggen).
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Since things have been moved around and updated (added receiver, Wharfedales, and consoles).

(Click to embiggen).
    Bloated with stuff imo.

Is that a fan under the table......?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.