Q9550 Core 2 Quad
    8 GB Ram
    Ati 5850
    C300 256GB SSD
    500GBx6 Hardware raid 5
    Dell 2405FPW monitor
    G700 mouse
    Cheapy keyboard
    Plantronics Gamecom headset (but not the expensive one)

I'm kinda over the days of being uber bothered about a totally ninja PC. Went as far as dual phase change cooling (AMD Barton core 2500+/1.8Ghz up to 2.8ghz at -20c) and realised there were better things to spend money on. The rig above is overkill for 95% of games out there anyway.
    Gone up to a 2600k i7 on Asus p67-p8 pro.
    Dtiched the raid fornow tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    There's like... no space between them at all lol
    you shuld see my 6950 sapphire in a storm scout chassie... i had to MAKE space to get it in, AKA bend the some of the things on the chassie to make it fit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryguy View Post
    Running a laptop for now, I'll get a proper rig in a few weeks when I get the coin. Binder divider mousepads are win.
    Something looks horribly wrong with your desktop but I can't quite put my finger on it >_<

you shuld see my 6950 sapphire in a storm scout chassie... i had to MAKE space to get it in, AKA bend the some of the things on the chassie to make it fit lol
    This is probably my biggest fear of buying 6900 series cards. Can't they shorten some connections and arrange things a little closer together or something. There's absolutely no reason for a graphics card to be 11 inches long unless it's a dual-GPU like HD5970, AMD should take a few tips from NVidia on how to NOT make stupidly large cards. I guess with HD6990 they'll say "WE HEARD YOU WANTED MOAR PERFORMANCE SO HERE YOU GO, BIGGER F**KING CARD"
    Bad luck with the Storm Scout though, doesn't it have a removable HDD cage? Most decent cases today have that feature.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Something looks horribly wrong with your desktop but I can't quite put my finger on it >_<

This is probably my biggest fear of buying 6900 series cards. Can't they shorten some connections and arrange things a little closer together or something. There's absolutely no reason for a graphics card to be 11 inches long unless it's a dual-GPU like HD5970, AMD should take a few tips from NVidia on how to NOT make stupidly large cards. I guess with HD6990 they'll say "WE HEARD YOU WANTED MOAR PERFORMANCE SO HERE YOU GO, BIGGER F**KING CARD"
    Bad luck with the Storm Scout though, doesn't it have a removable HDD cage? Most decent cases today have that feature.
    Is it the orange folder looking thing being used as a mousepad? Lol

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evensis View Post
    Was meaning to put some photos up on my rig a while back, same night i was taking photos i dropped hot chocolate in my pc. My motherboard found it within itself to die, anyway changed the build somewhat due to that :|

Corei7 920 @ 4ghz
    Corsair H50 in push pull
    Asus Sabretooth X58 TUF (Might be hot chocolate resistant!)
    2x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1/F3 in RAID 0.
    4GB DDR3 OCZ 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (1 chip was DoA, havent been bothered to replace it yet).
    Nvidia Geforce GTX470 @ 712/1424/1806
    Corsair TX650 PSU
    Logitech G11 Keyboard
    Coolermaster Storm Scout case
    Microsoft Intellieye 3.0 (Always come back to this mouse no matter what i do)
    Logitech G930 Wireless Headset
    24 inch Benq G2420HD (PC, 360 and Ps3 connected into it)

Few pics, won't do a full desk shot; compared to all your lovely clean tidy desks, mine looks like a nuke has hit it :]

*Big gorgeous pictures go here!*

Next on list for me is a new PSU (modular, TX650 is a great psu, just get a huge jumble of cables) and another GTX470 for SLI.
    So how are you liking the Asus Sabertooth X58 so far? I am planning on getting one because I like the look of it and it is quite affordable. More opinions are always good!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    So how are you liking the Asus Sabertooth X58 so far? I am planning on getting one because I like the look of it and it is quite affordable. More opinions are always good!
    Actually one of the better motherboards i've had, and is a serious overclocking champ. Don't really have to do a whole lot for it to get my 920 to 4ghz. The northbridge can get a bit toasty when raising the voltages on it but generally its nothing to scream about. The marvell 6gbs controller on it is well....dung, the best way of putting it but thats the only real downside to the motherboard. I might just happen to have a crappy controller, got my raid setup on the icr10 and its happily plodding away now. Id give it a 9/10, would of had a 10/10 if that marvell controller actually worked as stated, albeit might be just me doing something wrong with it. But all in all, its a bloody good motherboard and well worth the buy.
    Last edited by evensis; 2011-02-21 at 02:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually one of the better motherboards i've had, and is a serious overclocking champ. Don't really have to do a whole lot for it to get my 920 to 4ghz. The northbridge can get a bit toasty when raising the voltages on it but generally its nothing to scream about. The marvell 6gbs controller on it is well....dung, the best way of putting it but thats the only real downside to the motherboard. I might just happen to have a crappy controller, got my raid setup on the icr10 and its happily plodding away now. Id give it a 9/10, would of had a 10/10 if that marvell controller actually worked as stated, albeit might be just me doing something wrong with it. But all in all, its a bloody good motherboard and well worth the buy.
    Forgive me for asking a very dumb question, but explain this Raid stuff and icr10 and whatever stuff to me in a nutshell, I don't get it. At all. Perhaps it's because no one has explained it to me yet. :P And no Lmgtfy!!!
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgive me for asking a very dumb question, but explain this Raid stuff and icr10 and whatever stuff to me in a nutshell, I don't get it. At all. Perhaps it's because no one has explained it to me yet. :P And no Lmgtfy!!!
    Hard drive raiding (I'm summarizing it up very short now) is when you group up several harddrives into one. Making so reading/writing data onto this "one drive" goes faster since it has several physical drives to read/write the data on.

Evensis apparently had problems getting nice performance out of the Marvell SATA controller chip, which is a group of SATA ports not directly connected to the southbridge of the motherboard, but usually included in higher end boards so that you get more ports then what the Intel/AMD reference boards have.

I will add to it that my marvell controller is working fine for my puny software raid 0.

Edit: also this lolololololol
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-02-21 at 02:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Hard drive raiding (I'm summarizing it up very short now) is when you group up several harddrives into one. Making so reading/writing data onto this "one drive" goes faster since it has several physical drives to read/write the data on.

Evensis apparently had problems getting nice performance out of the Marvell SATA controller chip, which is a group of SATA ports not directly connected to the southbridge of the motherboard, but usually included in higher end boards so that you get more ports then what the Intel/AMD reference boards have.

I will add to it that my marvell controller is working fine for my puny software raid 0.

Edit: also this lolololololol
    Ahh, sums it up a bit thanks.
    I just always figured I would just get a few hard drives and just plug them in and go. >_>
    Course, that would be better than nothing, since I've been going on one single hard drive for the past 2 years. >_<
    so do I need to worry about any of this stuff too much if I just plan to have maybe like a new 1 TB hdd, my old hdd, and possibly an ssd? I mostly just play WoW, may fraps during 25 man raids, and make them into movies. idk how important it would be to understand the whole Raid thingy....

Also, you bad bad man for giving me a lmgtfy!!!!

Thanks!
    "A flower.

Ahh, sums it up a bit thanks.
    I just always figured I would just get a few hard drives and just plug them in and go. >_>
    Course, that would be better than nothing, since I've been going on one single hard drive for the past 2 years. >_<
    so do I need to worry about any of this stuff too much if I just plan to have maybe like a new 1 TB hdd, my old hdd, and possibly an ssd? I mostly just play WoW, may fraps during 25 man raids, and make them into movies. idk how important it would be to understand the whole Raid thingy....

Also, you bad bad man for giving me a lmgtfy!!!!

Thanks!
    You don't need to raid. Raid0 is nigh useless regardless.
    RAID stands for Redundant Array of Inexpensive Drives/Discs btw, meaning RAID0 isn't even a proper raid. Thus the 0.
    I do like RAID1, RAID5, RAID6 and even RAID10 has its charms.
    However, afaik, you need to have all your raided drives equal in size.
    Otherwise, use them as proper drives, and you'll have nothing to worry about.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    You don't need to raid. Raid0 is nigh useless regardless.
    RAID stands for Redundant Array of Inexpensive Drives/Discs btw, meaning RAID0 isn't even a proper raid. Thus the 0.
    I do like RAID1, RAID5, RAID6 and even RAID10 has its charms.
    However, afaik, you need to have all your raided drives equal in size.
    Otherwise, use them as proper drives, and you'll have nothing to worry about.
    So what I am understanding is I would more or less just plug them in and go, as I was suggesting? Not fumble around with anything?
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what I am understanding is I would more or less just plug them in and go, as I was suggesting? Not fumble around with anything?
    Typically you have to configure it in the BIOS or a RAID Configuration Screen before entering windows. You set the level, the block size and name it pretty much lol.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    RAID stands for Redundant Array of Inexpensive Drives/Discs
    The original acronym for RAID was replaced with the backronym "Redundant Array of Independant Disks" since the reason for "Inexpensive" no longer applied. Also, the word "disc" or "disk" has different applications, generally applied to magnetic media as "disk" (floppy or hard) and non-magnetic compact or digital-versatile "disc". Blame the Americans for "disk", and the Europeans for "disc"

RAID can function with disks of different sizes, but volumes within the RAID can only be as large as the smallest physical disk (unless you get really weird with nested RAID).

---------- Post added 2011-02-21 at 03:40 PM ----------

You should have a quick flip through your motherboard manual - most will have a short section on enabling and setting up your RAID for use.

---------- Post added 2011-02-21 at 03:41 PM ----------

Found the desktop on google somewhere, can't remember where i got it now though, think i used something generic like bleach backgrounds 1920x1080.
    Found it on Deviantart via Google, cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Coolermaster HAF 912 Case
    Xilence 800W PSU
    i7 920 @ 4Ghz, or 980 slightly upped, not sure which I like more, seems the same to me
    Gigabyte X58-UD3R Tri-SLI/CF USB3 etc. motherboard
    6GB Corsair XMS3
    GTX580 (may get another to run in SLI)
    160GB OCZ SSD
    1TB Samsung HDD
    Samsung DVD Drive
    2x22" iiyama prolite ultra low response widescreens
    Logitech G15 Keyboard
    Razer Lachesis mouse
    Plantronics 5.1 Surround Headset
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted

Apple Macbook Pro 15" (late 2010)
    Mac OSX 10.6.6 operating system
    Intel® Core™ i5-540M Processor (3M Cache, 2.53 GHz)
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M (256 MB GDDR3)
    4 GB DDR3 (2x2) SO-DIMM-modules at 1066 MHz
    Corsair Force F60 60GB SSD
    Seagate FreeAgent Go Special Edition 500GB external HDD
    Samsung Syncmaster BX2431 24" LED-screen at 1920x1080p
    Logitech G15 Keyboard (1st gen.)
    Ace Edge 3200 gaming mouse
    WoW Cataclysm Collector's Edition mousepad
    Creative THX TruStudio Soundblaster Tactic3D Alpha headset
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2011-02-22 at 05:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspir3 View Post
    img12.imageshack.us/i/dsc0022kr.jpg/
    (Not allowed to post images at this time, will update later)

Macbook Pro 15" (late 2010)
    Intel® Core™ i5-540M Processor (3M Cache, 2.53 GHz)
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M (256 MB GDDR3)
    4 GB DDR3 (2x2) SO-DIMM-modules at 1066 MHz
    Corsair Force F60 60GB SSD
    Seagate FreeAgent Go Special Edition 500GB external HDD
    Samsung Syncmaster BX2431 24" LED-screen at 1920x1080p
    Logitech G15 Keyboard (1st gen.)
    Ace Edge 3200 gaming mouse
    WoW Cataclysm Collector's Edition mousepad
    Creative THX TruStudio Soundblaster Tactic3D Alpha headset
    Your desk is too clean, YOU CAN'T BE A GAMER!!!! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Your desk is too clean, YOU CAN'T BE A GAMER!!!! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE
    I'm a gamer with a sense of style, that's all ^^
    Last edited by mmocc0b3717dc8; 2011-02-21 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan1187 View Post
    Is it the orange folder looking thing being used as a mousepad? Lol
    I think he/she was pointing out the Rift beta patch downloading :P

http://i52.tinypic.com/154zt01.jpg

edit full picture here: http://i52.tinypic.com/154zt01.jpg
    Process-er: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 3326MB RAM
    Hard drive: 160 GB
    Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    Monitar : 24 inch LCD HD 1080
    Operating system: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458)
    screen resolution: 1920x1080
    headset: earforcex11

Mod Edit: Please make a thumbnail you link here, no fullsize photos
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-02-22 at 11:36 AM.