I've never heard of skipping the 6xx series. O_o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I am looking at getting a Corsair H100, though I am curious as to whether it's going to fit in my 2x120mm fan bays in my Define Mini. I have heard the fans are very loud though. I might look at the H80 since it will fit in either the top or rear fan slots.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Buy different fans for the H100, the ones it comes with are horrid.
    "A flower.

I will testify to Corsair's fans not being particularly good. They're not bad or horrid, just not... anything, really.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any suggestions on what a good replacement would be? I was looking at Scythe fans, as I have a couple of their Slip Stream fans in my case that I really like and they are really quiet. I guess I want something that will move air well, possibly the Slip Stream Kaze Jyuni 120mm fans which have 68.45 CFM and are 1200RPM without being horrendously loud at 24db.

Deleted
    Here it is.
    When I started around a year ago, up until now.
    Specs:
    i5 760 2.8 @ 3.5, 1.2v
    asus p7p55d-pro
    4gb g.skill 1600
    msi gtx 460 hawk talon attack
    500gb wd blue
    lg w2246
    sb audigy
    sony ta-fe370 & sony mf600

Used to live in a house where i had much bigger room and those speakers were just big enough
    Now i'm in a much smaller flat (altho it will be (finaly) paid off in a month) and they are kinda overkill for my current room, but i wouldn't give them away for anything in the world...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Any suggestions on what a good replacement would be? I was looking at Scythe fans, as I have a couple of their Slip Stream fans in my case that I really like and they are really quiet. I guess I want something that will move air well, possibly the Slip Stream Kaze Jyuni 120mm fans which have 68.45 CFM and are 1200RPM without being horrendously loud at 24db.
    Scythe fans are great, so are Xigmateks, Noctuas, Thermal Right fans that go with the Silver Arrow seem pretty good too. There's honestly a ton.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Saehon View Post
    its funny, because's, thats the one i've keep looking on, at the moment, i'm torn between Crucial m4 - Kingston HyperX and Intel 510 series.
    HyperX is better. Crucial M4 are rather dull and not anything special. They are the only ones without a history of breaking though, along with the intel 510-series.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Wasn't Nvidia skipping the 6xx designation and going straight to 7xx or did I misread?
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    I keep hearing that Nvidia is going to skip 6xx and go to 7xx. You are probably right.
    Even if they are (highly unlikely) they'll still release new cards spring/early summer regardless of what they'll call it.
    I'd say they'll be named 600-series.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I am looking at getting a Corsair H100, though I am curious as to whether it's going to fit in my 2x120mm fan bays in my Define Mini. I have heard the fans are very loud though. I might look at the H80 since it will fit in either the top or rear fan slots.
    I've switched the 2 Corsair fans for 4x BeQuiet Shadow Wings, they are very, very quiet. They are the same noise level with 4 of these and the H100 on high, are the same noise as the Corsair fans on low.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    HyperX is better. Crucial M4 are rather dull and not anything special. They are the only ones without a history of breaking though, along with the intel 510-series.

Even if they are (highly unlikely) they'll still release new cards spring/early summer regardless of what they'll call it.
    I'd say they'll be named 600-series.
    Crucial M4's aren't dull at all. On 0009 firmware they were quicker than the HyperX I tried. Specifically why I went for the m4's in the end. I hit the cap of the controller with them (can quite clearly see it in the benchmark), 1010.58MB/s (http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...Bench/ATTO.png) I wouldn't even really buy Intel though as they tend to be a bit more expensive.

On the naming, they skipped 3** for mobile did they not? I have heard on the grapevine this time around they want to adopt the 7** nomenclature so they can be on par with the naming of the AMD cards. ie. didn't want to have a 600 series against the 7000 series - much better to pitch 7** against 7***.
    Last edited by Fierae; 2011-12-29 at 11:57 PM.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

10+ Year Old Account
    As dumb as it is, it makes sense for all the idiots out there who think bigger numbers mean auto-superior status. Might be a good move for them. And yeah, I've heard that with the 0009 firmware Crucial m4 SSDs become beasts, too bad I'm terrified of updating it after my mistake a month ago or so. >_<
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    As dumb as it is, it makes sense for all the idiots out there who think bigger numbers mean auto-superior status. Might be a good move for them.
    Yeah, as I mean enthusiasts already know what they're looking at so what generation it is means nothing to people like us, but I think they were afraid of your average joe seeing a 7970 and a 670, for instance, around the same price bracket and thinking, well, 7 is a bigger number, so I'll go with that!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    And yeah, I've heard that with the 0009 firmware Crucial m4 SSDs become beasts, too bad I'm terrified of updating it after my mistake a month ago or so. >_<
    When I moved my old one from 0002 I kept all my data, what happened to you last month?

0002-0009 I think goes from about 450 read to around 550ish.
    Digital Rumination
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    I've switched the 2 Corsair fans for 4x BeQuiet Shadow Wings, they are very, very quiet. They are the same noise level with 4 of these and the H100 on high, are the same noise as the Corsair fans on low.

Crucial M4's aren't dull at all. On 0009 firmware they were quicker than the HyperX I tried. Specifically why I went for the m4's in the end. I hit the cap of the controller with them (can quite clearly see it in the benchmark), 1010.58MB/s (http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...Bench/ATTO.png) I wouldn't even really buy Intel though as they tend to be a bit more expensive.

On the naming, they skipped 3** for mobile did they not? I have heard on the grapevine this time around they want to adopt the 7** nomenclature so they can be on par with the naming of the AMD cards. ie. didn't want to have a 600 series against the 7000 series - much better to pitch 7** against 7***.
    What firmware is that? Not heard of it.
    The cap of s-ATA 6.0Gbps is quite lower than 1010.58MiB/sec. So I suspect that is in RAID0? M4s are 415/175 MiB sustained out of the box. I doubt the firmware alone will be able to make it reach the HyperX out of the box figures of 555/510 MiB sustained.

The m4 is less expensive though.

And also, no, they did not. 300-series were notebook exclusive.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    What firmware is that? Not heard of it.
    The cap of s-ATA 6.0Gbps is quite lower than 1010.58MiB/sec. So I suspect that is in RAID0? M4s are 415/175 MiB sustained out of the box. I doubt the firmware alone will be able to make it reach the HyperX out of the box figures of 555/510 MiB sustained.

The m4 is less expensive though.
    That is RAID0 yes, the m4's with the 0009 firmware (which they have been shipping with for about 3 months now I think) are 550 sustained read with varying writes dependent on size

My two 128GB (rated at 550/200) m4's in RAID0 reached 1010/410, so therabouts. The 256GB drives are 300 write.

And also, no, they did not. 300-series were notebook exclusive.
    Sorry that's what I meant, they skipped 3** on mainstream dedicated desktop cards, and used them solely for notebooks. Hence with the 635M, why I'm thinking they're skipping the 6**
    Digital Rumination

10+ Year Old Account
    Firmware 0009 did up the speeds, to be quite honest.

Fierae in regards to your question - I made a very amateur mistake and since I burned the CD with the firmware in the wrong format, it told me to burn a new version, so I'm like okay, whatever, I reboot to log back in to Windows to redo it in the correct file format, however I had forgotten to switch back out of IDE back to AHCI mode and it screwed with my SSD royally and I didn't realize this after I had formatted my drive into a GBP partition format or w.e which only Mac really truly supports, it was a pain to fix, having had to take it to a friend's house and his computer spend about 10 minutes cleaning it via commandprompt because once it was in GBP Windows 7 wouldn't fix it, simply reformatting at that point didn't fix it. >_<

Boy that day sucked majorly.
    "A flower.

CPU: Amd Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.4 GHz, Cooler master hyper 212 +
    MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-UD3
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 Dual fan 1gb
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500 gb 7200 rpm
    RAM: Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 8GB
    PSU: Silver Power SP-SS500 500W
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 430
    Monitor: LG Flatron L222WS, 22"
    Mouse: Razer Deathadder
    Keyboard: Logitech G15

10+ Year Old Account
    so, i went to do some shopping, and i ended up with a lot of "OUT OF STOCK", especially with corsair stuff, is there a manufacturing problem i am not aware of?

2x Corsair Dominator GT Quad Channel 16gb DDR3-2133: OUT OF STOCK
    2x Corsair Airflow 2 Fans: OUT OF STOCK
    2x Corsair Airflow Pro: OUT OF STOCK
    Corsair Link: OUT OF STOCK
    Corsair H80: Limit 1 per Customer
    Rampage IV: in stock
    Intel 3960x: in stock

and im stuck deciding between dual Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSDs or dual Corsair Force 3 120GB SSDs

10+ Year Old Account
    I would go for the Mushkin, but as has been said, if you can get hold of a Crucial m4 - I much prefer them.
    Digital Rumination

10+ Year Old Account
    the M4 is another idea im throwing around, a 256 for my games/programs and a 64 for my OS

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe both the H80 and H100 uses the same fans. They push a great deal of air but are quite noisy. But hey, there's always the Scythe GT fans!

10+ Year Old Account
    Those cost so much. TT