10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Minor update: [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/LgM5yU3m.jpg[IMG]

Not sure whether to replace SATA cables or cover them, and still need to do something about the SoundBlaster Z's red lights.
    How hot is that GPU running? Because it doesn't look like there's any room between fans and the glass

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Minor update:

Not sure whether to replace SATA cables or cover them, and still need to do something about the SoundBlaster Z's red lights.
    Just open the shield on the card and clip the LED. I did it on my card, when i was using it. You can also cover the LED with dark tape
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    How hot is that GPU running? Because it doesn't look like there's any room between fans and the glass

3cm between inside of glass and highest point of shroud. Front fans provide enough airflow that heat hasn't been an issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Just open the shield on the card and clip the LED. I did it on my card, when i was using it. You can also cover the LED with dark tape

I'd rather not clip them as that's a permanent modification. I've got some tape on them now, but clearly not enough. Next time I'm in there, I'll be giving it another shot.

I've also ordered some double-sided thermal tape for the LED strip - it's bright and gets hot enough that it melts the tape holding it on. Tape designed for chipsets & heatsinks will allow the case to act as a heatsink to some degree.
    Last edited by FlawlessSoul; 2020-08-03 at 05:32 PM.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Finally finished (until next upgrade). Sleeved 24pin, 8pin 12V & PCI-E cable (hidden behind GPU with 180° connector), removed vinyl on GPU shroud and sprayed it, and fitted RAMsinks. Oh, and sprayed the red Sound Blaster Z cover and clipped the red LEDs.

It's a colour photo.

Last edited by FlawlessSoul; 2020-08-03 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Really not sure why you routed your 24-pin the way you did, but congrats on being done.
    Mostly because it was getting late and I didn't want to spend time training it in tight to the hole. It could probably be tidier, but I'm happy with it as is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Azerox; 2020-08-03 at 06:29 PM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A wonderfully massive improvement, love it! Nice Teku glass!

Also, phoenix desktop wallpaper, link to that?! That's awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Finally finished (until next upgrade). Sleeved 24pin, 8pin 12V & PCI-E cable (hidden behind GPU with 180° connector), removed vinyl on GPU shroud and sprayed it, and fitted RAMsinks. Oh, and sprayed the red Sound Blaster Z cover and clipped the red LEDs.

It's a colour photo.

Holy God damn, FlawlessSoul, good to see you still around here! This is absolutely stunning! Is any of that custom-painted or is that all stock? Define R7?

Terrific job man, 11/10, gorgeous piece of work.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Got some time to do small fixes to cable management, replaced the standard fan controller with noctua fan control units and switched to the fastest RAM kit there is - G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4 32GTZN 3600 CL16 (16-16-16-36, the highest grade Samsung B-Die right now).

Case: Define R6 (PCGH Version)
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3800x
    Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
    Fans: 2x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM (GPU), 6x Noctua NF-A14 PWM (VRM / CASE)
    PSU: Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650 Titanium (SSR-650TR)
    GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO
    RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4 32GTZN 3600 CL16 (2x16GB) (fastest B-Die there is)
    Mainboard: MSI B450 carbon pro ac
    SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo
    NVME: 2x Samsung 970 PRO
    HDDS: 2x 6TB

IMAGES
    Yo, what is that second PCI-E card?
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    A wonderfully massive improvement, love it! Nice Teku glass!

Also, phoenix desktop wallpaper, link to that?! That's awesome!
    Thanks! Ye nice glass, high (thick) quality. Here's the phoenix.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Yo, what is that second PCI-E card?
    Its a support bracket for the 1.5kg heavy 330mm GPU. Heavy cooling solution, less noise but more weight.
    -

Holy God damn, FlawlessSoul, good to see you still around here! This is absolutely stunning! Is any of that custom-painted or is that all stock? Define R7?

Terrific job man, 11/10, gorgeous piece of work.
    Hey bud - I actually went looking for your latest post not that long ago. Good to see you still around

It's a Define 7 (White, Tempered Glass) with stock fans (they're pretty damn good, even though not PWM). GPU shroud and fans are sprayed, as is the cover on the barely visible SoundBlaster Z just behind it.

I'd been going through my old PC parts and selling off a ton of stuff during lockdown (UK), built a new media/minecraft/pi hole server, and finally scratched the itch by getting the Define 7. I figured I'd be upgrading individual parts over the next year or so (GPU then CPU/Mobo/RAM) and a good case can last ten years so I started with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey bud - I actually went looking for your latest post not that long ago. Good to see you still around

It's a Define 7 (White, Tempered Glass) with stock fans (they're pretty damn good, even though not PWM). GPU shroud and fans are sprayed, as is the cover on the barely visible SoundBlaster Z just behind it.

I'd been going through my old PC parts and selling off a ton of stuff during lockdown (UK), built a new media/minecraft/pi hole server, and finally scratched the itch by getting the Define 7. I figured I'd be upgrading individual parts over the next year or so (GPU then CPU/Mobo/RAM) and a good case can last ten years so I started with that.
    Aw, I'm remembered too! <3

I really need to update my last post... probably when I update my chassis. It's... messy. USB 3 cable pins got destroyed, yada yada... it's a mess in there. Should probably migrate away from more than 1 platter HDD before I upgrade the chassis. Thinking of getting the Silverstone Alta F1 when it comes out. I briefly had the O11 Dynamic... oh it doesn't fit the Noctua D15. Poop. The Define R7 is nice, but not everything I want in a case.

Am I goofy for still wanting better/ample HDD support? Probably... I've been wanting to try one of the flipped motherboard cases though for a while, so this new one from Silverstone might finally be it.

Really love what you did with your computer sir, amazing to see people still using PCI-E sound cards! Any reason you don't go a USB DAC route?

Will the new GPU maybe be the 3080 Ti?
    "A flower.

The Define R7 is nice, but not everything I want in a case.

Am I goofy for still wanting better/ample HDD support?

Really love what you did with your computer sir, amazing to see people still using PCI-E sound cards! Any reason you don't go a USB DAC route?

Will the new GPU maybe be the 3080 Ti?
    You know the Define 7 (not called the R7!) can support like 14 3.5" *and* 4 2.5" drives, right? Admittedly, it only comes with 2 2.5" trays & 6 3.5" trays (+1 2.5/3.5 modular mount).

I was able to pick up the soundcard cheap, although I want to get a stereo mic for it at some point (I'd like to get the original Creative SB-Z beamforming mic), and it has Dolby DTS/Digital Live for use with my Logitech Z906 & Yamaha RX-V767.

And maybe - I'm going to see how Cyberpunk 2077 performs on my GPU and the next gen AMD & nVidia cards. I may be going Team Red for CD Projekt Red.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know the Define 7 (not called the R7!) can support like 14 3.5" *and* 4 2.5" drives, right? Admittedly, it only comes with 2 2.5" trays & 6 3.5" trays (+1 2.5/3.5 modular mount).

I was able to pick up the soundcard cheap, although I want to get a stereo mic for it at some point (I'd like to get the original Creative SB-Z beamforming mic), and it has Dolby DTS/Digital Live for use with my Logitech Z906 & Yamaha RX-V767.

And maybe - I'm going to see how Cyberpunk 2077 performs on my GPU and the next gen AMD & nVidia cards. I may be going Team Red for CD Projekt Red.
    Yeah, I guess I forgot. lol =X

I think I've just always been fascinated by the Silverstone Fortress/Raven cases, but they've been so out-of-date for a while, and now they're finally releasing an update... I just want to give it a go finally.
    "A flower.

Here is my setup. Not too special. But I quite like it.

GTX 970
    i7-2600
    16gb RAM
    250GB SSD
    2x 3TB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Really not sure why you routed your 24-pin the way you did, but congrats on being done.
    Some of those sleeved cables are WAY to stiff to bend through where that grommet is without screwing up the look.

15+ Year Old Account

Specs:
    ThermalTake P3 Case
    Egva 850 G3 Power Supply
    Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi Motherboard
    Intel i7 8700K
    32gb Corsair DDR4 4000
    Evga 1080Ti FTW3 Graphics Card
    Samsung SSD 850 Evo 500gb
    WesterDigital Black 4TB
    M2 ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB
    WD-Blue 3D NAND SATA 500gb SSD
    Corsair H-100 CPU Cooler
    Corsair K95 Platinum Keyboard
    Logitech G502 Gaming Mouse
    Logitech G560 RGB Gaming Speakers
    Steel Series QCK PRISM CLOTH
    3 x MSI AG32C Monitors
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Some updates to the office, Still trying to get everything moved and arranged WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Some updates to the office, Still trying to get everything moved and arranged WIP

So, when do I move in you said?

Getting a little old now but still runs everything I throw at it at 60+ FPS at a bare minimum.

8600k @ 4.8GHz, GTX 1080, 16GB 3200MHz, Samsung 860 Evo, Viewsonic XG2401 144Hz