Death Knights = Horribad!

Dearest Death Knights,

You guys have been nerfed every freaken patch since your release, and your damage is horrible. Anyone you beat in a duel is horribad, your rune system is horribad and damage output in general is horribad. Your pet has no resilience and you have no real mobility compared to other melee classes. Your population used to be 50% of the server but now is 5%. That's how much we hate you.

Can someone please tell me I'm the only one feeling this way with my death knight? Because I'm rated at 2k with him, so I have a slight clue of what im doing as a dK but im getting face rolled. Or are we getting facerolled on live so we can pwn in cata?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    ...Sounds like somebody lost to a DK in a duel.
    ... Sounds like somebody didn't read the post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some one is angry cause he lost to a death knight in a duel too many times? ;P I think that death knights are good at the moment, not so insanely overpowered as before <.<
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

This game is balanced for lvl85, not lvl80.

I'm fine with it that means if I kill you over and over it means you are really "horribad".

If your damage with your deathknight is horrible, then its not the deathknight to blame, it's you. All over the world, Death knights are topping recounts. Although if you're getting facerolled as a dk in pvp, im afraid again, the answer is that its you to blame. Population used to be 50% but that was because alot of people just wanted to try out the new class, then they got bored and rerolled back to their original mains. Dk's can rip face or be bad in both pvp or pve, its all about the user.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanielyanglee View Post
    Dearest Death Knights,

You guys have been nerfed every freaken patch since your release, and your damage is horrible. Anyone you beat in a duel is horribad, your rune system is horribad and damage output in general is horribad. Your pet has no resilience and you have no real mobility compared to other melee classes. Your population used to be 50% of the server but now is 5%. That's how much we hate you.

Can someone please tell me I'm the only one feeling this way with my death knight? Because I'm rated at 2k with him, so I have a slight clue of what im doing as a dK but im getting face rolled. Or are we getting facerolled on live so we can pwn in cata?
    Read before posting, guys. He's basically saying that is what players and possibly Blizzard is saying to DK's.

OT: I feel this plight on my DK, too. I was pretty awesome at first, extremely OP. That got boring, then it changed, and they were slightly OP, then they were pretty normal with a few OP mechanics thrown in. Eventually they were alright because the OP moves stayed while others got nerfed. Now it just feels like DK's are getting payback for being so....OP? I miss my DK, at least when he was on par with others. Don't like the imbalanced part much when it goes either way. Granted, there are some who really shine with a DK, and props to them. Perhaps it's now time to start focusing on runes and the more refined mechanics of the class. And here I was content with my mindless smashing of faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytramp View Post
    ... Sounds like somebody didn't read the post.
    No I didnt bother reading the 2nd post, seeing how he was refering the entire time to DK's in the third person beforehand I assumed he was one of the many people who nerd rage towards DK's. But upon bothering to read the rest he appearntly feels that is how Blizz feels about them so allow me to change my remark to "Atm most classes seem 'meh' at times but appearntly they scale extreamly well at 85 (such as lock and fury warr dmg, thus explaining the recent nerf). So if you were nerfed recently, its fair to say you will be OP higher up. Or atleast non suck."

10+ Year Old Account
    Sky = Falling.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    "Atm most classes seem 'meh' at times but appearntly they scale extreamly well at 85 (such as lock and fury warr dmg, thus explaining the recent nerf). So if you were nerfed recently, its fair to say you will be OP higher up. Or atleast non suck."
    Truer words have naught been spoken.

I realy love the feel of the class the system and its melee dotter approach but let's just say i'll be sticking on my mage/lock in cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Dearest Death Knights,

Why do you think you got nerfed since you were released? DK's were fucking tearin' every other class apart at the beginning
    The reason there was a high DK population was due to being op and easy to play. Like ret pallys
    Maybe not that much mobility, but you can counter mobility with CoI and DG

I have no idea how the dmg is after the patch
    are we getting facerolled on live so we can pwn in cata?
    But I guess this will happen

Quote Originally Posted by k0nker View Post
    OT: I feel this plight on my DK, too. I was pretty awesome at first, extremely OP. That got boring, then it changed, and they were slightly OP, then they were pretty normal with a few OP mechanics thrown in. Eventually they were alright because the OP moves stayed while others got nerfed. Now it just feels like DK's are getting payback for being so....OP? I miss my DK, at least when he was on par with others. Don't like the imbalanced part much when it goes either way. Granted, there are some who really shine with a DK, and props to them. Perhaps it's now time to start focusing on runes and the more refined mechanics of the class. And here I was content with my mindless smashing of faces.
    Not to sound offensive, but have you or OP gone through an expansion transition at max level before? Many classes go from Great to Mediocre or vice versa. DKs were gods amongst mortals in early Wrath, by whatever bar you measure them by they will be worse off than they were then.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

dks atm are the worst class to be playing besides a hunter. i left the game for about 4 months facerolling people. then when i came back about 2 weeks ago and everyone i fight it's not even equal. did i just lose the touch!? but then im playing my rogue and i'm ripping through people. what all of a sudden made us so bad? changes to the rune system slower gameplay?

HAW DURE U BLASHPEME DK'S YOU no im jk i personally like dk's now but i liked it more when unholy blight was an aoe around yourself

---------- Post added 2010-11-27 at 02:23 PM ----------

OOO gharld's droppin newks on dis thread

Death knights are very strong if played correctly, facerolling isn't really an option anymore, perhaps hence why your friend is failing.
    And if you don't think they needed a nerf in 3.1 then you're plain stupid, every DK was unholy and had 90% reduced dmg taken with IBF + BS, when they died they ressed as a zombie and exploded for huge amounts of dmg.

You'll just have to learn how to play your class and using your brain at the same time, and if you do you can defeat most classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    THE SOLUTION: Eliminate the Death Knights as a class (as they actually are creatures and not a class) and add two regular classes: Runemasters and Necromancers.

Thus the "hero classes" would be neither more nor less than some predefined multiclass, for example: Death Knight (Necromancer + Runemaster), Demon Hunter (Warlock + Rogue), Battle Mage (Mage + Warrior), etc...

Quote Originally Posted by _Northem_ View Post
    THE SOLUTION: Eliminate the Death Knights as a class (as they actually are creatures and not a class) and add two regular classes: Runemasters and Necromancers.

Thus the "hero classes" would be neither more nor less than some predefined multiclass, for example: Death Knight (Necromancer + Runemaster), Demon Hunter (Warlock + Rogue), Battle Mage (Mage + Warrior), etc...
    or, learn to adapt.

dks atm are the worst class to be playing besides a hunter. i left the game for about 4 months facerolling people. then when i came back about 2 weeks ago and everyone i fight it's not even equal. did i just lose the touch!? but then im playing my rogue and i'm ripping through people. what all of a sudden made us so bad? changes to the rune system slower gameplay?
    U were never skilled. You are a DK