Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    the forsaken is like USA, they got nukes (the plague) but they will not use it unless the time and place is right.
    Then you got Gnomergan (Iran) which supposedly has some sort of mass destruction weapon. they will use it given the chance.
    Then you have all the rest sitting around doing nothing.

They are on their way to becoming the most powerful. The Horde is being used by Sylvanas because she still needs them. Luckily I've never trusted her

The questing in Silverpine is simply epic, play through it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that only the fact that Undead are a playable race stops Blizzard from making them the new Enemy of all Life on Azeroth. Tho I really think that Sylvanas respects Thrall a lot for inviting them to the Horde in the first place and then helping her gain control of the Undercity again after Varimathras' betrayal. But the fact that she and Garrosh don't have the likes for each other makes me think the thing I said in the first sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by KassieDS View Post
    Could always do with a spoiler warning when you post that.
    I do agree, i was lucky that i just finished it about 2 hours ago.

The Forsaken is all that will remain in the end, they know this, all of them Garrosh, Thall etc

Just remember the dark lady watches over you, make haste!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No.
    The Forsaken just started growing, before Cataclysm they were merely the weak survivors after Warcraft 3-slaughter.
    Their only goal was to kill Arthas and get revenge, but they had their revenge now.
    Now they need to set new goals, they have to recover and be a stronger faction than before.
    Some people consider this as evil, but this is what they need to do to survive.

So no:
    She is not afraid from Thrall, but she has no other goal now.
    She has not gone evil, she is doing what a leader is supposed to do: Make sure that her people survive.

I will requote this again, because it is the best answer.
    They really don need any more land mass to survive. And being undead is not something fun its a curse, you are an unholy creature, and you are looked down upon and banned from your former faction. Thats why they are called Forsaken. Why would she wish her cursed people to become an even bigger cursed people? Not to be nice, thats for sure. If she really loved her people, she would let them all die out slowly. And she was pretty merciless in wc3.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmarine View Post
    I do agree, i was lucky that i just finished it about 2 hours ago.
    Sorry about that

EDIT: But i do think that if you are to have ANY say in a thread about forsaken, you should know what you are talking about. You shouldn't expect to enter a thread about forsaken and not get spoilers ABOUT Forsaken.
    Last edited by xepheroth5026; 2010-11-27 at 05:03 PM.

The silverpine quests are probably the best quests in the game

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No.
    The Forsaken just started growing, before Cataclysm they were merely the weak survivors after Warcraft 3-slaughter.
    Their only goal was to kill Arthas and get revenge, but they had their revenge now.
    Now they need to set new goals, they have to recover and be a stronger faction than before.
    Some people consider this as evil, but this is what they need to do to survive.

So no:
    She is not afraid from Thrall, but she has no other goal now.
    She has not gone evil, she is doing what a leader is supposed to do: Make sure that her people survive.
    i completely disagree with you.
    the first part your right on that exept for the last sentence "Some people consider this as evil, but this is what they need to do to survive."
    Your saying the things they do they need to do to survive. orly ?

What are the wars about right now? The horde needs recources thats how garrosh leads his offensive.
    What kind of recources do the undead need? they dont need food or water. technicly they dont need anything. the only reaosn they need recources now is to wage war with the alliance.
    Sylvannas is going batshit crazy imo she doesnt need to do those things to survive Right now the undead are waging war for the sake of slaughter. nothing more.

And there will be a day that she will be beat down. the forsaken advance doesnt make any sense from a lore perspective really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dura View Post
    i completely disagree with you.
    the first part your right on that exept for the last sentence "Some people consider this as evil, but this is what they need to do to survive."
    Your saying the things they do they need to do to survive. orly ?

What are the wars about right now? The horde needs recources thats how garrosh leads his offensive.
    What kind of recources do the undead need? they dont need food or water. technicly they dont need anything. the only reaosn they need recources now is to wage war with the alliance.
    Sylvannas is going batshit crazy imo she doesnt need to do those things to survive Right now the undead are waging war for the sake of slaughter. nothing more.

And there will be a day that she will be beat down. the forsaken advance doesnt make any sense from a lore perspective really.
    /disagree. They do not need food or water to survive, but they still have very numerous enemies. For them to not strike them down would be moronic. They are nit slaughtering to slaughter.

There struggle makes a lot of sense lore-wise as well. They have inherited the Lich King's leftovers. Of course she will take advantage of this to set the forsaken as a world power. Its the same thing america does. We take out anyone we deem as a threat, not because we like killing, but because we like safety.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne62682 View Post
    All the stuff I've heard about the Undead quests makes me want to roll a Forsaken character just to see them unfold.
    Then do it. It is a days worth of content.

IMO, for any WoW player... its worth playing every race in the game up to 20.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovich View Post
    In vanilla Forsaken were probably the weakest of the factions.

One of many quotes from quests
    "Speaking frankly, the Forsaken of yesteryear were a sniveling, pathetic group. We huddled together in decrepit old human buildings, hiding from the Scourge, cowering from the Alliance, and groveling at the foot of the Horde.

Look before you now, and see the product of the new Forsaken. We have made our mark here on Azeroth, and that mark will grow. Our dominion will soon blanket the world!"

Though I do find it ODD that the Argent Crusade literally has no comment, notice, or care about the actions of the Forsaken in-game. The ONLY one is an ex-forsaken member in EPL which is just an irrelevant grind quest. You help Tirion uncover a traitor in his little home, he praises you as a hero, then you go back to slaughtering humans and undoing the healing of WPL a moment later.
    Yeh its just the argent guy at the Bulwark who doesnt like what he sees, but hes not reporting it to anyone or does anything about it. Now with a leader like Sylvanas, they may be the most powerful, like in the Battle for Andorhal, the forsaken almost loses because of Koltira, but then Sylvanas shows up and tehy win.

Would ANYONE honestly be surprised if while every other race is running around planning defense against deathwing, Sylvannas just took a little trip up to northrend and quickly de-throned Bolvar to take the mantle of Lich Queen? Honestly?

Quote Originally Posted by Waff View Post
    If Garrosh deems her too dangerous, he and Varian would probably side together against her.

As a Horde guy, that would make an awesome trap for Varian.
    Read the comic. Both of em want to kill each other lol.

Besides Jaina would just port Varian and co away lololo

Quote Originally Posted by Mehdi View Post
    IMO, for any WoW player... its worth playing every race in the game up to 20.
    Tru dat.

I never understood why people took sides with Horde or Alliance, get your moneys worth and try out all the races :>
    Last edited by Glomp; 2010-11-27 at 06:05 PM.

The forsaken have grown stronger, but I don't think they are the most powerful faction. They are still recovering from the Wrathgate fiasco, which almost completely tore undercity apart. Though Sylvanas is replenishing the numbers, the forsaken are still a bit divided on where they want to go. They may have plague nukes, but I feel like this rapid expansion is going to have some consiquences.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont like the forsaken, but yes they are probably the most powerful "nation/race" atm.

mostly because of their plague. cause its very hard to stop it once its been released.
    the earthen ring shamans believe they can find a cure for undeath, and the tauren have
    a group of elite druids called plagueshifters, but i doubt anyone would have time to stop it.

so yes, fear the crazy hypocritical b*tch and her evil plans =P

and as for numbers, the forsaken used to have the highest population among the
    horde races before the valkyrs' help, so now i can only imagine how many they are!
    (pre-wotlk it was roughly:
    fors-30k, orc-25k, be-25k, taur-15k, trol-10k,
    hum-220k, dwa-130k, ne-50k, gno-7k, drae-5k)

and dont forget they are "undead".
    no need to sleep or eat so much,
    loose a limb? no problem, they keep fighting lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirik View Post
    The silverpine quests are probably the best quests in the game
    John J. Keeshan begs to differ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovich View Post
    Though I do find it ODD that the Argent Crusade literally has no comment, notice, or care about the actions of the Forsaken in-game. The ONLY one is an ex-forsaken member in EPL which is just an irrelevant grind quest. You help Tirion uncover a traitor in his little home, he praises you as a hero, then you go back to slaughtering humans and undoing the healing of WPL a moment later.
    That's because the Argent Crusade isn't as powerful as a lot of people think. Whilst it's certainly the most lawful faction on Azeroth, they can't do anything on their own: Northrend downright required the help of the Alliance and Horde, or else the Crusade would have been utterly decimated, especially considering Fordring handpicked every member himself. The Argents are certainly getting more powerful now, with the taking of Hearthglen, the EPL towers as well as a newly built one, the fortification of Light's Hope and the quests where you help them claim Tyr's Hand and half of Stratholme, but when compared to the Forsaken who are already rapidly establishing themselves as the dominant force in Lordaeron they wouldn't stand a chance.

Also, keep in mind that the Crusade strives to be neutral, and that the Forsaken are very important to the Horde at the moment. Attacking the Forsaken would almost certainly lead to a Garrosh tantrum and the Crusade being wiped out by the rest of the Horde.

tl;dr: It's not that the Crusade agrees with the Forsakens' actions, it's that they can't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    The forsaken leadership is incompetent though.

e: most of the horde leadership is.
    So you are saying conquering all of the lands around you is incompetent leadership? (glnaes is practically useless to the ally now anyways)
    I would say it was a brilliant move, however deviant.