Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You need to kill over 1,000,000,000 Boars to reach level 85 .... you better get started ....

That's hardcore right there.
    You are proof that reincarnation does indeed exist.
    Nobody could become this stupid in just one lifetime.

Signature courtesy of the awesome Zil. Thanks a ton!

Some of us hardcore players care about the story too and I for one do enjoy a new expansion, the rush of lots of people, the new story, hardcore doesn't equal server first 80. It helps get a kickstart on raids, sure, but this rarely happens, I will personally enjoy it, and then go in to hardcore raiding a week after launch. Besides, dungeoneering may be quicker but quest blues are extremely strong to be going in to heroics or even some entry level boss raids with, or at least was the case in TBC/WOTLK (although with wrath, slapping back on the T6 was enough ><)

So in my opinion if you don't care about missing important story quests/the buzz of lots of people, i'd instance to about 83, hit up uldum/twilight highlands for the best quest rewards/entry level blues and by then questers would have scattered out, so no need to compete for spawns that badly. As someone said you could stop at 82 and do Deepholm, but i feel Deepholm is a little scattered, so unless you got beta experience, (I assume you have a team of 5 dungeoneerers for dungeon leveling) i'd stay in until 83 and Uldum/Highlands it, nice quest flows, you'll pick up some story as to why you are going to these raids even if you don't care about it, and also get the best blue quest gear for entry heroics/first few bosses in raids if you're skilled enough to do it without farm of heroics.

Edit: Unless of course you are being sponsored/guild is sponsored and you get paid to get to lvl 85 and down bosses in under 24 hours. But if that was the case, you wouldn't be here, would you.
    Last edited by Zoogii; 2010-11-28 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruma View Post
    lol u hardcore bro?? If you were hardcore you'd probably know the answer to your question, since you can figure it out on beta. Don't be too hard(core) on yourself!
    Clearly you cannot read. I did not get a beta invite as I stated in my first post. Thats the only reason I'm looking for info here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangeresque View Post
    Bake-o: they removed RACE FIRST achievements, but Realm First 85 (overall) and (per class) will remain. Personally, I'll also be going for server first 85 mage (if not overall) and plan on questing. I've gone from 80 to 85 three times in beta in preparation and have 2 bags full of flasks, food, pots, and anything imaginable to make killing faster. I'm strongly considering transferring my 80 paladin to another account and have it follow me with Crusader Aura; not sure if it's worth the trouble though.
    That would require the paladin to be in the same group as you, which will reduce your experience-gain from each mob you kill.

Deleted
    Obviously a casual is someone who cares about lore, and a hardcore is someone who gets to lvl 85 first.

Okay.

EXP from "mining" and "herbalism" can not be underestimate. one herb or one mine node is approx 1-2 kill.

Quote Originally Posted by lasteclispe View Post
    Have you read these forums? I read about 15 pages before making this post and EVERY single leveling thread turned into casuals taking about how the OP is an idiot for wanting to level fast / Cata is all about lore and such. I just wanted real answers without all the casual talk about lore. I thought stating my target group in the title would help but I guess that just makes me a target for trolls.

Also I never said anything insulting to casuals in my OP. I just stated that I wanted replies from hardcore players. I see nothing wrong with that.
    Don't just put the whole playerbase into 2 boxes, that won't get you anywhere and only works as a way to summon trolls.
    And if you are "hardcore", you'd certainly know where the forums are located.
    Oh, and "casual" players don't necessarily rage about people wanting to level fast, and if you're going for server first, you should already know this stuff.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Wasn't the fastest method to get to 80 tagging mobs and have other people finish them off?

Casual reporting in, sup?
    I suggest leveling at a slow pace, enjoying the various new zones as well as reading the text on quests to understand the lore of said new zones.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

Deleted
    [QUOTE=pickley;9594975]FYI, Being a hardcore player doesnt mean you are first to do shit.

its not like casuals do it..?

So people can't be hardcore AND like lore? that's just stupid.

Hardcore people are min/max in END game raiding/PvP, not levelling, fast levelling is done by both casuals, hardcores and people with no arms, it's not a hardcore way to play to get to 85 first.

And i agree, next time, try asking in a nice way,and you would have gotten 90% serious answers instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait you are a hardcore player in a MMO and you don't care about lore and quest and such, alright mate i think you might wanna try something els :-)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

something you didnt answer/state in you op op, are you getting hte digital download or are you getting a hard copy and what time zone are you in if you are getting a hardcopy? because if you live in say alaska or hawaii and are getting a hardcopy edition or live say on teh east coast of the US/Canada and arent gonig to a midnight release and getting a hard copy then no you wont be getting the non-existant realm first achievement
    Last edited by Alenko; 2010-11-28 at 09:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of endless polar bear mounts, Iceland
    But if you're in such a hardcore guild, why not ask your guildies If you were already expecting the trolling here?

15+ Year Old Account
    We are all Ilevel 277+. So I would like to know if dungeons are the way to go with this set-up or should we be questing to level the fastest?
    Just so you know, ilvl 277 gear still won't help you level that much faster than anyone in 251 gear or the likes as a lot of the gear you'll get by 82 will be better (mobs scale massively with level, for example a level 81 character would find it difficult to kill a level 82 mob in level 81 gear)

Also, you cannot just dungeon level in cataclysm since you need to have discovered the dungeon before you can enter the dungeon via the LFD tool, so questing will be your best bet, maybe until you discover a dungeon of your level then spam that for a bit for gear/exp etc.

In Wrath i got server 2nd level 80 Deathknight (guy who beat me had someone to log on to his account to level while he slept, unless he had the will power to stay awake solid for 3 days and nights). I managed to get level 80 on my DK before many level 70's got 80 and all i did was quest until like level 78 then i started tanking random instances for my guild and got xp that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chepeshot View Post
    You need to kill over 1,000,000,000 Boars to reach level 85 .... you better get started ....

That's hardcore right there.
    win, win!!!

Signature made by a brilliant and hyper-talented artist Sokogeka

It really deppends on your group, if you can from the very start just chain pull every singel group, without MB, without fails, without wipes, it MIGTH just be on par with quests, due to the reason that the quest areas will be very crowded.

You shall also remember that all players of the group need to find the instance portal b4 you can quene for it.

I suggest you spam dungeons to lvl 82, and then do quests in deepholm, and uldum till 85.
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Quote Originally Posted by azzer24 View Post
    So people can't be hardcore AND like lore? that's just stupid.

Hardcore people are min/max in END game raiding/PvP, not levelling, fast levelling is done by both casuals, hardcores and people with no arms, it's not a hardcore way to play to get to 85 first.

And i agree, next time, try asking in a nice way,and you would have gotten 90% serious answers instead.
    Many people have asked in nice ways and got no real answers at all. I feel like my way of asking has worked as I got a few very good replies and thats all I really needed. Thanks to the people who gave info.

To everyone else I hope you die in a fire irl. I got the info I was after so I'm now done with this website. Feel free to troll as much as you want. I wont be here to read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pigfield View Post
    EXP from "mining" and "herbalism" can not be underestimate. one herb or one mine node is approx 1-2 kill.
    My friend went from 80-85 from only gathering in like 6 hours. Skip all quests and only kill mobs that are in your way of nodes. Easymode server first.

Keep it on the DL, its a beta secret reserved for only the true hardcores like OP.

Yea I read pages and pages of everything that was said here.....and the thing is everything whats like this reply and your quote. Just a bunch of casuals taking about lore and the work blizzard put into this xpac. Hence why I said on the title for casuals to stay away cause I knew you guys would just rage.....seems many of you can't read also.
    Server first for level 85 is hardly the sign of a good/hardcore player. Not really a sign of anything at all tbh. That being said, I'm pretty sure that alterac valley on honor weekend was the quickest I've leveled any toon from 70-80. It was much faster than questing or dungeons. Idk if that will still be an option or not.