Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Why are we talking about top rogues here? Since I imagine you're not, so perhaps working on your technique to maximise your damage before crying about the class holding you back?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsparks View Post
    How many times do i has to post to be able to link URL's lol
    maybe more than 11?

I can only comment on VoA25 as that is the only raid I've participated in post-patch, but I was pretty happy to be top on damage pretty much from the opening trash to the last boss. If this keeps up with the 'balancing' at 85 then I'll be a happy bunny, for assass. at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsparks View Post
    Paragon - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...?s=1367&e=1472
    Borked - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...?s=1634&e=1748
    Esoteric - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1457&e=1582

Meters dont lie and lookin at them and every fight i would say rogues do need more Mobility in Assassination but i think they are now back at the top of most of the meters if they are good .... and im not talkin about rogues being compared to the few that have pushed 30k or more. not every mage, Warrior, Boomkin, in each and every guild can pump out what the good ones can
    It doesn't matter if only a few people can reach 30k for a certain class. They need to balanced around the capabilities of the class. It shouldn't matter that a lot of people suck when it comes balance decisions. If one person out of a million people can reach 30k while other classes are barely hitting 26k, that 30k class needs massive nerfs.

Note: I'm not talking about level 80 balance. I'm talking about balance in general. People think just because only the pros of the pros can do well with the class that the class is bad. That is NOT the case.
    Last edited by Fest; 2010-11-29 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wacko jacko View Post
    Every post 4.0.3a raid ive seen even from the worlds best guilds ive seen no rogues in the top 8 from the dmg meters, rogue dps is really low, even 20k is low in comparison to other classes, locks and mages easy pulling over 30k now, hunters and dks over 25k in 25 man heroic icc so in the realms ive been on even full ilv 277 rogues still nowhere near the top and thats some of the best rogues that are ranked very high in world rankings too.
    every single person who is in here bitching or concerned with dps at 80 need checked upside their heads, preferrably with smoething hard and angular.

tell me what its like at 85 with these changes and then ill concede to you and others such as you that their may be something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    But but the world is falling and we don't have buffs so who will take us to raids...
    assasin rogue = 8% spell dmg increase
    combat rogue = 4% phy dmg increase
    sub rogue = 5% crit chance increase

if those rnt buffs, then u aint got any idea what u r talkin about
    Sup

Quote Originally Posted by nathanielyanglee View Post
    ..I think Blizzard should consider giving mutilate more mobility and subtlety more damage.
    Yeah I completely agree with that.
    LET YOUR BIRD EAT ITS BEAK

Yeah we're technically on top if you ignore mages, in our runs our arcane mage always does 27k dps + on pretty much most of the fights, very hard to compete with that lol. (hardmodes, yes.)

Deleted
    We got better, but still not #1.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    But but the world is falling and we don't have buffs so who will take us to raids...
    i think a lot of people, Since there aren't a lot of rogues, We're not there for the buffs but for the damage.

so we got better because of the poison coefficient thats been raised?

Poison damage got buffed and Envenom scales properly with mastery. Venomous wounds damage was buffed as well.

Combat has Sinster Strike and Bandit's Guile fixed, I believe, not 100% of its fixes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    so we got better because of the poison coefficient thats been raised?
    Yeah so even more of our damage comes from passive damage. AWESOME?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrelime View Post
    I would not completly agree with you : you have to keep your Envenom buff up as much as possible, this is not exactly what I would call "passive damage".

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelime View Post
    Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Flitzz View Post
    Who cares?
    You guys took what I said way too seriously, damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickmenz View Post
    assasin rogue = 8% spell dmg increase
    combat rogue = 4% phy dmg increase
    sub rogue = 5% crit chance increase

if those rnt buffs, then u aint got any idea what u r talkin about
    So our buffs equate to us being a hunter's pet? Thats not really selling your point.

Also why does assassination need mobility? Combat needs it more... And yeah combat's damage might be alright for single target because they flat out doubled BG. Check it again on a fight where you need to target swap though... It blows so much having to lose even a moderate insight. It is actually to the point where I considered (and sometimes did) ignore raid mechanics which I felt wouldn't cause a serious risk of wiping... now this was farm and no one would have really cared, but a mechanic that strongly encourages that is dumb imo.

Sorry, it's a WoW forum, its generally safe to assume most posts are some sort of over-dramatic complaint

---------- Post added 2010-11-29 at 02:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    So our buffs equate to us being a hunter's pet? Thats not really selling your point.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Flitzz View Post
    Sorry, it's a WoW forum, its generally safe to assume most posts are some sort of over-dramatic complaint

---------- Post added 2010-11-29 at 02:29 PM ----------

What?
    The 3 buffs he listed are all exclusive much like how a hunter can actually bring almost any buff but only 1 from his pet. And iirc all of those can be provided by a pet. Hunters also actually give some buffs themselves though. I'm not saying we are dead because we don't bring awesome buffs, but people definitely don't go "omg take the rogue for his buff" other than pre 4.0 combat was the only viable raid spec for the 4%. Now say, a druid, yeah they might be brought for their buffs which was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    The 3 buffs he listed are all exclusive much like how a hunter can actually bring almost any buff but only 1 from his pet. And iirc all of those can be provided by a pet. Hunters also actually give some buffs themselves though. I'm not saying we are dead because we don't bring awesome buffs, but people definitely don't go "omg take the rogue for his buff" other than pre 4.0 combat was the only viable raid spec for the 4%. Now say, a druid, yeah they might be brought for their buffs which was my point.
    Buffs in general have been normalized. No class brings a unique buff anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AedanWolfe View Post
    every single person who is in here bitching or concerned with dps at 80 need checked upside their heads, preferrably with smoething hard and angular.

tell me what its like at 85 with these changes and then ill concede to you and others such as you that their may be something wrong.
    And I claim everyone who things that broken mechanics will get better at 85 does also believe in santa and the tooth faerie. That said, warlocks are a decent ~25% ahead of melees in cata with the exclusion of rogues though since their buff wasn't actually on beta and I don't care enough if somebody already ran those new number tbh. The other ranged classes to fairly good as well. To me it actually looks like Harry Potter all over, balance wise.