Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Good for you. And what percentage of your damage is your pet exactly? Oh that's right, an enormous percentage. Hunters and, to a lesser extent, Warlocks are like being two separate people at low level with the huge amount of damage your pet pulls.
    Wrong. I do twice the tank's damage without my pet. It has itw own bar in recount. The pet does around 30% of my damage. Together, we normaly do 50% of the party damage. But i am still working on getting kill command into my rotation, i am quite new to playing a hunter. I am sure i can do more ^^
    Ecce homo ergo elk

I play a warrior tank, and I think it might be (among other reasons ofc) that at lower levels, tanks haven't got many threat increasing talents or attacks that deals a lot of threat by themselves. So, therefore and sence a class uses most of it abilities regardless of specc(maybe healing is different), the tank needs to rely more on dealing great damage to not lose aggro.

15+ Year Old Account
    Once my fury warrior got cleave, I have consistantly been beating even pally tanks. My mage and shadow priest couldn't come close though. I think this highlights a little more that its just the AoE that's doing it.

It doesn't bother me though.... meters aren't srsbsns

Quote Originally Posted by ferosanvilmar View Post
    You just don't understand the AoE capabilities of your class compared to other classes in the game, especially at lower levels. I love it when I get a pally tank for lower level dungeons because it's generally much easier than any of the other tanks, which tend to become more competive at handling AoE threat as well as AoE damage output at later levels than pally tanks do.
    There is no such thing as a specialized "AOE tank" anymore, so there's no point condescending the OP over a concept that really hasn't existed since really BC.

tank dps is gonna be higher all the way to 80 only until you get teir gear does it ever seem you will actually out dps the tank. unless you are talented enough to out dps him.

From my experience tanks are quite high on trash DPS for leveling instances I leveled a shadow priest to 60 in mostly Instances over the holiday weekend. With seeing a variety of tanks and DPS the tank is usually competitive, if not on top of overall damage. I found that I could personally beat tanks pretty easily on bosses and traditional packs, where mobs survived long enough for me to dot up evreything. I would lose ground on AoE packs and due to the need to drink quite often while the rest of the group was fighting.

---------- Post added 2010-11-30 at 04:01 PM ----------

From my experience tanks are quite high on trash DPS for leveling instances I leveled a shadow priest to 60 in mostly Instances over the holiday weekend. With seeing a variety of tanks and DPS the tank is usually competitive, if not on top of overall damage. I found that I could personally beat tanks pretty easily on bosses and traditional packs, where mobs survived long enough for me to dot up evreything. I would lose ground on AoE packs and due to the need to drink quite often while the rest of the group was fighting.