Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoukthebloodelf View Post
    see above
    Isnt X-mas december 7th this year, I heard they moved the holiday to 7th because Jesus was born the 7th

I ordered my Collector's Edition on Amazon.com like 4 months ago, it says it will ship on Dec.8th and since i'm currently deployed to Iraq, mail usually take a min. of 1 week possibly 2-3 depending on how much mail people send during the holidays so I will be waiting til probably x-mas for it but not by choice.

I was in college and got mine at the mall at midnight when WotLK came out. Ran into a bunch of people i knew from classes i had no idea played wow. despite the stereotypes, there are a lot of different people who play wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I'll be picking up my copy after work on the 7th.
    Ill be picking up my copy on the 26 th ....november

Deleted
    im getting mine 7th at 10am:P

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Then play more than 2 hours a day, or use those 2 years before the next expansion to do it on an alt
    You do realize that this would be about 978,070 xp per hour on average. If you got 20K xp per quest you would have to do 48/hour.

My last exam is the morning of the 11th, and then I don't have class again until January 10th... I will be playing well before xmas, I'm sure.

Deleted
    I'm in Iraq as well, pre ordered digital so i could download in advance. I'll be playing on the 1000ms-1400ms wifi when i can, because that's all i have!

15+ Year Old Account
    bought the digital version so i'll be starting at 00.01 the 7th, a perk of being unemployed, pretty much the only one though

Not sure yet, was thinking of getting the digi on payday, but I was going to pick up The Expendables on DVD... which puts my bank account in harms way unless I tunnel vision to that DVD and leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, i play on a low pop server tho.
    LOOKI

My soul is divided into 3 equal parts, one for Warhammer, one for my Girlfriend, and one for Blizzard. Because of this, i am morally obligated to buy Blizzard products the day they come out. I almost died when my Starcraft 2 was a day late, i do not look forward to repeating that incedent.

Quote Originally Posted by Modify View Post
    bought the digital version so i'll be starting at 00.01 the 7th, a perk of being unemployed, pretty much the only one though
    ^ this

Is an other solution to get rid of the mass hysteria.... go for a less populated server
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    People in raiding guilds will most likely be playing asap since they are actually required to do so for the most part.
    That's so beyond silly and nerdy I can't find the proper words to express it. I'd make only one exception to that statement --- if you are in an actual "pro" (as in sponsored -- as in you essentially get paid to play), believe it or not they do exist thanks to things like e-sports and companies paying for "guild talent" in order to publish strat guides and what not.

If you are part of a guild like that --- then I can see the argument for you must be raid ready ASAP. Any other guild -- they are just too damn nerdy and obsessed with the game and I'd tell them to kiss off basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Modify View Post
    ^^ also this...

I'll be getting it since its pre-ordered and being shipped its pretty much a done deal.

Being honest though I've rolled two new alts since the shattering --- and I'm really enjoying the questing experience with them. I'm no longer as excited for Cata as I was pre-shattering. Next week I'll probably log into one of my 80's and fly around checking out some new zones...might quest a little on an 80..but seriously....I'm probably gonna at least get my new toons to 60 first now before I seriously level any of my 80s to 85.

EDIT: Oh crap I forgot about my worgen I'll be making.....so that's 3 toons to hit 60 first....so I'll be busy for a while, by the time I'm seriously doing 80+ content the crowds should be fairly reduced in those areas.
    Last edited by Morte; 2010-11-30 at 01:19 PM.

Already have the digital pre-order and plan on playing as soon as the servers go live.

My old main hit 80 on Nov. 22, 2008 or 9 days after WoTLK release. My only regrets are that I did not do it faster. I was gaining on average of 2 levels a day and I would have been one of the first in the guild to level 80, but my Ex started whining about how I was out leveling her. Had I known everything back then that I know now, I would have said, "See ya at lvl 80, btw don't bother calling me anymore."

My soon to be Wife is pretty cool about me wanting to power level though.

I would burst on Dec 8th, there's no chance in hell that I would make it to Dec 24th.

Seven more days or 25 more days?

Yeah, midnight release for me too.

10+ Year Old Account
    everyone and their mom will play rather than wait 18 days

"What are we, if not slaves to this torment..." Sylvannas Windrunner, Former Ranger General of Quel'thalas.