Poll: Which tree of life form will you use in Cataclysm?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardo Stoneshield View Post
    wheres the i stop playing druid cos i dont like cooldown tree?

i stopped playing druid because i liked the perma tree form combat, now its more like a superhero thing.... Tree Form Time HOOOOOOO
    Lmao that is the WORSE reason to stop playing a druid. The treeform beforehand was like 6% increase in heals, that's not much. And the CD is only like 3 mins....

DERP

hummm the new one. sure it looks a little goofy but so did the old one. besides I would always loose track of the resto druids when the boomkins started summoning their treants. I'm more surprised that they even put in the glyph to have the old model. when looking at the new one you can tell there is a lot more detail and work put into it.

Last of all why did everyone start trolling in this tread? the original post was only about what people prefer had nothing to do with the mechanic or anything beyond the way it looks.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Knowing how to Google "4.3 Shadow spec" doesn't automatically make you a better player.

I definitely like the new tree. I'm going to reroll druid, and alliance, and worgen, so for me - a horde player for 6 years - it's quite a change. The new form was one of the reasons I will be choosing a druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Lmao that is the WORSE reason to stop playing a druid. The treeform beforehand was like 6% increase in heals, that's not much. And the CD is only like 3 mins....

DERP
    its not the worst reason to stop playing a druid. i liked the looks of perma tree form the 6% bonus healing isnt that important to me.

and to stick to the topic i liked the old tree form because it grown on me back in TBC i diddn't mind looking at it evry single raid.

Will not be resto but if I did I would us ethe new tree, the higher res texture on it beats the old ugly one for me

wheres the i stop playing druid cos i dont like cooldown tree?

i stopped playing druid because i liked the perma tree form combat, now its more like a superhero thing.... Tree Form Time HOOOOOOO
    I agree with Kipli, it seems like a poor reason to stop playing a class. TOL is purely cosmetic, Trees are still Trees, except they only look like Trees sometimes.

---------- Post added 2010-11-30 at 04:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    The treeform beforehand was like 6% increase in heals, that's not much.

It's actually a good bit, but we didn't 'lose' the %. Before our heals were weaker, since we got the passive bonus, and now they bumped up our healing to compensate for the loss. It's purely a cosmetic change.

the new one reminds me of a fat sideshow bob with diapers

Deleted
    Gonna use the new one, Think it looks awesome. Kinda tired of the old Broccoli I dunno, the new one just screams: "powerful" more than the old one, so it fits better for an ability that enhances my abilities imo
    Last edited by mmoca9865cb97a; 2010-12-01 at 12:44 PM.

I love the new tree it looks totally awesome.

When you see that bad boy pop up in PvE or PvP you know some shit is going down.

Gonna use the new one. However I will reroll tank and moonkin as off specc I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I began playing my druid again after a two year hiatus because of this new cool down. I hated healing exclusively as a tree, and I think this new tree form design is much better than the previous one.
    This passion is a plagiarism.

I played a druid because I got to use an alternate character form while fighting regardless of specc. No tree form wasn't designed for drudis fromt he beginning... neither was tanking, dpsing or rezzing for that matter. Tree form gone? well time to dust off another character with some fun ability like my hunter! wait.. eyes of the beast got removed =.= Guess I'm going back to my shaman with far sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    the new tree of life.. as the old one is a treant. Let me explain my logic.

balance druid, pops his treants... do they heal him.. no they DPS
    out in the wild, you attack a random roaming treant.. does it heal itself? no it DPS's..

the old tree form never ever made sense, now it actuallly looks like a tree of life.

New one is awesome.

Old one is just generic ingame treant. New one is too big and has scary face.

I pick option number 3

3. I'm more concerned that resto druids wont get anything new in next 5 levels. Seriously Blizz scrap that feral's 6 sec speed boost and give resto droods some love.

Holy shit, I think I'm one of the trees in that shot. I have the exact same one in my SS folder.

But to be honest, I'm sticking to the form with feathers and a beak.
    I think if you want the old, permanent tree-form, you should have to put up with the old movement penalty as well. :P
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

it just feels out of place that cat bear and moonkin fight full time shapeshifted and tree only do it on a cooldown base
    It feels more out of place that non-physical druids are expected to shapeshift at all, much less in a permanent way. Do you see NPC druids hanging out or fighting in anything but their normal elf/tauren forms? A few, but no, not really. For balance/resto I think the forms make far more sense as cooldowns than permanent forms.

And like someone else said - if speccing balance didn't force me to be a fat chicken 24/7, I might actually bother to get gear for it. Personally, I'd like it to be tree-of-lifed, turned into a metamorphosis-style cooldown.

Also, to stay on topic, I'm currently glyphed for old tree form. As comical as it was, afrotree was a bit too crazy looking for me.

you may find that a bit of a stupid reason and Sunfyre can become tired of hearing it but fact is many druids liked the perma tree.
    Sunfyre how about we make moonkin a cooldown or bear form, or cat form while were at it.
    exactly, I loved my perma tree and its just like taking every form the druid has and putting it on CD, its retarded, makes no sence concidering our main thing is shapeshifting. Look at it from another point of view and you might realize that you could have been in the same boat.

The new tree form does not dance.