Poll: Night Elf or Worgen

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Worgen or Night elf :)

Ok as the title says Worgen or Nelf now when i first made my mage back in vanilla i want so to be a night elf but did not have the option so i went with human.

This was only because i did not like the look of the gnomes and that was the only other option lol.

Now with the new race class combos i can have a night elf but the worgen dose look so cool what do you think out of those two races is best choice for a mage or is there a best choice?

So am in a pickle do i race change now to night elf or wait for cata and get me a worgen mage help please

Althire

10+ Year Old Account
    Worgen will be better dps, unlesss you want to make this choice purely on looks, then go with whatever you want. (smiley face)
    Borador

Props to Sanistra for the awesome signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to choose between the two I would go with worgen due to better dps racials.

Obviously big teeth>>> long ears.

Edit:
    So yes, troll.
    FEAR the slayer of the gods, catcher of the souls, the doomsinger of everlasting sunset, the immortal happy-burn-till-not-even-ashes-remains prophet! The Sunflower!

Deleted
    Make a troll or your trolling :P

With the racials do you mean the 1% extra crit will be better for dps?
    is there some racials am missing

Darkflight (3 min cooldown) Activates your true form, increasing movement speed by 40% for 10 sec.
    (can this be used any time i.e. rogues sprint?)

Viciousness (passive) Increases critical strike chance by 1%.

Aberration (passive) No longer reduces the duration of all curses and diseases used against you by 15%. Instead, gives more resistance to both Nature and Shadow damage.

Flayer (passive) Skinning skill increased by 15 and allows you to skin 0.5 seconds faster.

Two Forms (1.5 sec cooldown) Transforms you between human and worgen forms. You will revert to worgen form in combat.

Running Wild (1.5 sec cooldown) Drop to all fours to run as fast as a wild tiger. Serve as their mount.

I'm horde. But if I had to pick i'd say Nelf if I was making a main. Worgen have an interesting background, but the Nelf history is way way way more developed and, to me personally, interesting. They've done more for the world, are more involved (as a druid, Malfy is my hero), and excuse my superficiality, but the Nelf womenses are HOT. Orc's ain't got nothing on them and the Belfs are snobby.

All my chars are Night elves... I ve always had massive respect for good Mage players and wanted to give it a go. Now i have started one for the first time.... shes sexy and slinky and she can blinky... she's Splinky

Yeah..my female Night elf mage is really sexy, she's off course #Arcane, as any highbourne with any self respect should be.

funny, i think blood elves fit the Fire theme very well, no longer shackled "in their eyes" by the morals and restraint of their previous High elf philsophy, they seek to wield dangerous magics of which volatile fire can be the trickiest fits well with them

any Gnome or forsaken mage would be Forst imo, and human too given the long Kirin Tor tradition of frost, and the Blue flight wielding forst too. ..........

go worgen personally NELF mages dont make since fantasy wise to me lol even though BELF are but meh

on the contraty night elf mages make a lot osf sense given they are highbourne, no race knows more about the arcane on azeroth than the night elves, they first started using it, and used it for ages, then the bulk of them decided to stop for about 10,000 years, and isntead continue using nature and divine magics... but the highbourne never stopped, so high elves and blood elves wield arcane very well, at least now you can play a High Elf

Deleted
    I'd never choose a race based on racials. I'd say, play the one you find most aesthetically pleasing.

Personally I think the lore behind the Highborne is very nice, and I would choose a Night elf

Where is the option for "who cares"?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    on the contraty night elf mages make a lot osf sense given they are highbourne, no race knows more about the arcane on azeroth than the night elves, they first started using it, and used it for ages, then the bulk of them decided to stop for about 10,000 years, and isntead continue using nature and divine magics... but the highbourne never stopped, so high elves and blood elves wield arcane very well, at least now you can play a High Elf
    it highbourne. blood elfs were the high elfs before the scourge slaughter them. the highbourne are a sec of mage that seperated around the same time as the high elfs but instead when down to dire maul instead of to eastern kingdom. which is why they didnt turn white like the high elfs

edit:
    oops sorry i read ur comment wrong! ^_^

15+ Year Old Account
    Well my choice is obvious, Worgen. Being a furry and all I just can't help myself, mmm sexy woofies.
    For the Worgen! Furries of WoW unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    What's the point of playing an easy game? When did this huge subset of people come to video games, wanting not a challenge, but some kind of interactive facebook type thing with spells?

Well, that depends. Do you want to look like a werewolf, or a purple ape?

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted worgen but thinking about it more I'd say night elf, both have terrible casting animations but nelf offensive ones are less bad.

Also: flips.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elf because on Worgen the Muzzle sticks out of there tier 11 and they just look retarded altogether.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bleh, I don't like Night Elves. The males look like garbage. I'd go Worgen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynis View Post
    Night Elf because on Worgen the Muzzle sticks out of there tier 11 and they just look retarded altogether.
    Hey now I absolutely love the fact that the muzzle sticks out of teh T11 it looks soo awesome and unique! You just have no taste (seeing as you have a Blood Elf sig that should go without saying).
    For the Worgen! Furries of WoW unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    What's the point of playing an easy game? When did this huge subset of people come to video games, wanting not a challenge, but some kind of interactive facebook type thing with spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Aragen View Post
    Hey now I absolutely love the fact that the muzzle sticks out of teh T11 it looks soo awesome and unique! You just have no taste (seeing as you have a Blood Elf sig that should go without saying).
    It's a beautiful sig... but that's a little off topic anyway.

Racials wise I'd say worgen anyway as I was thinking or remaking another mage as a worgen for fun.